Where Have All The Divas Gone? Their Album Sales Are Increasingly Troublesome

lexus97

The only difference is, certification is based solely on population

With 350M people.. I'm not sure how they would go about that. And just bc music sux today doesn't mean the States should award shitty artists

We as music consumers should measure how well an artist does individually.. And Not based on critics.. But based on how many units they can push...

It had to do more with consumer trends which is partially dependent on population. Thing is now the population is more so reflected in the increase of digital music sales and less in albums. New certifications should reflect that iko.

It had to do more with consumer trends which is partially dependent on population. Thing is now the population is more so reflected in the increase of digital music sales and less in albums. New certifications should reflect that iko.

You can't change albums certification statutes and not change singles

Maybe the certification process isn't the problem.. I think it's the artists

You can't change albums certification statutes and not change singles

Maybe the certification process isn't the problem.. I think it's the artists

I think they should up the certs on the singles. Selling a million downloads is not much of a feat nowadays.

I'M less enthusiastic than many of you about today's music, but I think the digital age did play a big role in the decline of album sales.

I think they should up the certs on the singles. Selling a million downloads is not much of a feat nowadays.

I'M less enthusiastic than many of you about today's music, but I think the digital age did play a big role in the decline of album sales.

well of course digital did, the album as a platform for marketing an artist is sorta dead, even in it's time, the album was supposed to be an experience, but now as has been in the past, some albums just aren't worth more than a few songs, so it makes sense the songs worth selling or hearing are what gets purchased. The consumer is simply saying Im not spending money on something that I wont enjoy that much but I will buy the songs I liked