It's Official Beyonce to star in "A Star Is Born" Remake

DJ Y2K Malone™

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She just gonna play Deena again... :coffee:

Why do these girls insist on the same roles over and over (Janet and Beyonce)...Aaliyah went from crime lords sexy daughter, to demonic evil vampire queen, to the Matrix.

Girls take notes. :coffee:

janet?

ummm

poetic justice she was an around the way chick, who was a poet, going through the everyday struggles of the hood ass L.A. side, who fell in love with lucky

nutty professor 2, she was a professor who is engaged to sherman loves him unconditionally and helps him get rid of buddy love

wdigm, she is a psychologist who has an all but perfect marriage due to the loss of her son, which her husband blames her for

wdigm2, see above (she loses her mind from keeping everything inside and goes crazy)

for colored girls, she is a shrewd magazine editor, who only thinks of herself, and doesnt see the cracks in her marriage (no pun intended, lol)

none of these are the same roles

i think the only role where beyonce wasnt a singer was obsessed, lol

There are great actors in off broadway production. All they give a damn about is how much money she bringing in. :coffee:

As long as she does that she'll get roles.

She's overshadowed by supporting cast in every movie she has been in. :sigh:

janet?

ummm

poetic justice she was an around the way chick, who was a poet, going through the everyday struggles of the hood ass L.A. side, who fell in love with lucky

nutty professor 2, she was a professor who is engaged to sherman loves him unconditionally and helps him get rid of buddy love

wdigm, she is a psychologist who has an all but perfect marriage due to the loss of her son, which her husband blames her for

wdigm2, see above (she loses her mind from keeping everything inside and goes crazy)

for colored girls, she is a shrewd magazine editor, who only thinks of herself, and doesnt see the cracks in her marriage (no pun intended, lol)

none of these are the same roles

i think the only role where beyonce wasnt a singer was obsessed, lol

Other than a 'clumps', that required no real acting on her part at all much like Beyonce as "Foxy Cleopatra" because Michael Myers and Eddie Murphy basically carried the movies entirely, everything else was still basically the same thing. I'm not saying its the same exact role, but it is in the same realm....'Black woman with man problems.'

Boring.

Time to move on. Aaliyah was taking risk and diving into different realms altogether and I think its time both these ladies(Beyonce and Janet) do that if they want to be considered serious actresses.

I will never understand why it's such a problem that Beyonce wants to branch out and do other things besides music. Some of you are just plain haters and it says more about you, than it does about Beyonce.

it has nothing to do with hating if she were good id be all for it but shes been in a bunch of movies and she just will never be bitten by the acting bug her acting style like her style in general has yet to evolve she can sing and perform but shes so blah outside of that

it has nothing to do with hating if she were good id be all for it but shes been in a bunch of movies and she just will never be bitten by the acting bug her acting style like her style in general has yet to evolve she can sing and perform but shes so blah outside of that

You really think she hasn't gotten better since Carmen? :mellow:

Not to mention, acting isn't something you can just pick up. Name me some actors or actress who were shitting after 4 or 5 films with no prior acting experience.

You really think she hasn't gotten better since Carmen? :mellow:

Not to mention, acting isn't something you can just pick up. Name me some actors or actress who were shitting after 4 or 5 films with no prior acting experience.

i cant call any off the top of my head but idk she irks me when i watch her act she isnt believeable and when she tries to cry or gets mad im just like SIT DOWN! i could never see her playing janets role in wdigm2 especially the golf club scene idk her roles just seem so safe

i cant call any off the top of my head but idk she irks me when i watch her act she isnt believeable and when she tries to cry or gets mad im just like SIT DOWN! i could never see her playing janets role in wdigm2 especially the golf club scene idk her roles just seem so safe

So are you really expecting her to be giving Halle Berry after 5 films? Do you not think her acting is better Cadillac Records than it was in Carmen? :mellow: (and save the "she was a singer playing a singer" argument).

And let's leave Janet out of this as she has prior acting experience.

So are you really expecting her to be giving Halle Berry after 5 films? Do you not think her acting is better Cadillac Records than it was in Carmen? :mellow: (and save the "she was a singer playing a singer" argument).

I was just watching "Carmen" the other day on youtube. lol

It doesn't matter how many films she's done, if the talent is there it will be apparent from the first project on. Yes, it will develop and get stronger over time, but if it's there it will be apparent. I don't see that in Beyonce in terms of acting.

she needs to stretch her arms and pick diff roles how many singing rolea has she played obsessed ill commend her for but she needs to stop playing it safe even if she tries and fails at least it will be at a diff type of role

I was just watching "Carmen" the other day on youtube. lol

It doesn't matter how many films she's done, if the talent is there it will be apparent from the first project on. Yes, it will develop and get stronger over time, but if it's there it will be apparent. I don't see that in Beyonce in terms of acting.

That's not always the case. But she has definitely gotten better than what she used to be. That you can't deny. Some things take longer for others. But in any event, the NAACP Image Awards and the Golden Globes think she's a decent actress. And save the "Papa Knowles got her those nods" argument. B)

she needs to stretch her arms and pick diff roles how many singing rolea has she played obsessed ill commend her for but she needs to stop playing it safe even if she tries and fails at least it will be at a diff type of role

And what do you think she's doing now? She said she's taking baby steps.

That's not always the case. But she has definitely gotten better than what she used to be. That you can't deny. Some things take longer for others. But in any event, the NAACP Image Awards and the Golden Globes think she's a decent actress. And save the "Papa Knowles got her those nods" argument. B)

Actually I can deny that...and I do. :coffee:

Beyonce's BEST performance to date is the strung out Etta James when she was on da floor damn near naked..crying..snot running. She was BELIEVABLE for once. The first time I didn't see Beyonce the singer wannabe actress. She has it in her, she just has a problem with consistency.

Both Janet and Bey did a role overall different from the rest of their acting career (well for Janet it's both Poetic Justice and For Colored Girls while Bey just had Obsessed), but you see what you want to see. I didn't know Miss Jazz Hands was in The Matrix.

It's Xena. Maybe they could cast Pink for the role of Hades...they both have the same body type :coffee:

didn't Janet turn down that part in the matrix? or was that just a rumor?

@ hades :lmao:

Archived