Brittany Murphy's Father Suggests She Was Killed by Her Mother

TwistedElegance™

A few days after threatening to sue Lifetime for planning a movie about the life and death of Brittany Murphy, the actress's father Angelo Bertolotti has given an interview suggesting that her mother Sharon may have been responsible for Murphy's death and the death of her husband Simon Monjack.

As previously explored, Bertolotti and Sharon Murphy have waffled back and forth between being aligned in their frustration about the circumstances under which their daughter died and accusing each other of being involved in it. In this new interview with the Examiner, Bertolotti makes it very clear that he and his ex-wife are definitely not any closer to reconciling than they were last year, when he ordered a toxicology report which indicated that Murphy may have been poisoned.

In the interview, Bertolotti accuses Sharon of giving him a bad name in the press and blocking him from interacting with officials after Murphy died, implying that Sharon did so to avoid being implicated in their daughter's death:

Examiner: If Brittany's and Simon's deaths were to be properly investigated, where do you think such an inquiry should start? In your mind, is there a person of interest?

Mr. Bertolotti: Sharon Murphy should be interviewed and investigated, first and foremost. Let her explain why she had my daughter execute a will, leaving everything to her mother and specifically excluding Simon. Let Sharon explain why she decided to do this right after Brittany and Simon told her of their plan to move to New York and have a baby. Let Sharon clarify how she was planning to support herself for the first time in decades, once Brittany moved away. Let her talk about auctioning off Brittany's underwear, passport, SAG card and clothes. There are many unanswered questions that have to be addressed. Out of three people living together in the same house, only one survives and benefits financially.

In case that wasn't clear enough:

Examiner: Do you suspect Sharon Murphy of being involved in the untimely deaths of Brittany and Simon?

Mr. Bertolotti: Yes, I do.

http://jezebel.com/brittany-murphys-father-suggests-her-mother-killed-her-1622397997

Damn.

................................I believe him............it was something to that death, and that Brittany's husband died RIGHT after of similar circumstances

Her death still makes me sad, she was a great, she could do anything and any role it seemed, and she could SANG......I really liked her, and really saw her becoming someone bigger as time went on. I hate we lost her so damn early. But glad she left alot of work behind.

This is so horrifying if it's true. I hope this isn't a "he said, she said" type of fuss considering how much weight accusations like that carry. Given the certainty of his tone and specificity of the questions he raised, though, it all does seem to implicate the mother. So very sad.