Jennifer Hudson & Lady Gaga released their albums this week, what are our thoughts & expectations?

jarrylf

Im expecting JHUD to flop, I'd be legitimately surprised if she enters selling more than 100K, because 1. I forgot she was even doing a new album, 2. I thought she only had 2 singles not 4. & 3. NO hits from this album, no hot 100 entries and very few R&B hits. BUT her last album opened good and she didn't exactly have a ton of hit singles, just 1 R&B 1. So it'll be interesting to see what this does

Gaga's album I LOVE, and it's predicted to enter around 115K-120K

I'm really loving J Hud's cd..SHe can keep that Walk it Out.. I love the old school dance feel of the album..

1. Dangerous  7/10

2. It’s Your World (feat. R. Kelly) 9/10  Would be 10 if R Kelly wasn't on the song.

3. He Ain’t Goin’ Nowhere (feat. Iggy Azalea) 8/10

4. Walk It Out (feat. Timbaland)3/10

5. I Can’t Describe (The Way I Feel) (feat. T.I.) 9/10

6. I Still Love You 8/10

7. Just That Type of Girl  8/10

8. Bring Back the Music 9/10

9. Say It 7/10

10. Moan 10/10

-

I've always wanted her to do this type of music.. 

• Upvote 2

Jennifer_Hudson_JHUD.jpg

I gotta say this is my favorite Jen album, it's less "current" than the other 2, and more timeless & classic, a MAJOR step in the direction I want her to go in. Heres my track by track assessment

1. Dangerous- B, This song is current but it works, I dig it

2.It's Your World - B-, what drags it down is EXACTLY what Shawn said, ROBERT, he was completely useless on this song. But the song (minus him) pretty damn solid & classic

3.He Aint Goin Nowhere- A-, LOVE IT, it's soooo classic 80's  with a modern feel too.

4. Walk It out - F, this song does NOTHING for me, its forgettable, it's tooo  hip hop & modern, it's bad ratchet, and what in the entire fuck was she thinking making this a single? That song is doing exactly what it should be doing on the charts.

5.I can't Describe - A+, PERFECT song, and is being slept on by radio too hard (part to blame to her for not promoting it right imo).

6.I still Love You - A, This would've made a great single too

7.Just That Type Of Girl - C+, It's a grower but it's not too memorable on the 1st listen 

8. Bring Back The Music -A+, YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS FINALLY SHE SHOWS HER VOICE OFF IN A DIFFERENT SOUND! PROGRESS AT LAST! This is a great song and sings it beautifully and switches up her tone from more than POWERFUL lol to soft, and then it evolves to powerful. This is easily 1 of my favorite songs she's done, it's truly a "Modern Aretha" song. It needs to be a single

9.Say It - C, Another grower, good song, but I don't think it's not a standout at all

10. Moan - A, Beautiful song, and most of what I said about BBTM, it shows off more of her voice & range, FINALLY, and NOTHING complements like actual instruments with it, and not drum machines. It's classic with a modern twist.

Over all album I give a A, highest grade I'd give any of her 3 albums. It pisses me off how she or her label or Clive is handling this era, handled right this could've done some great things, but it seems like theres no real push for it to make a splash, not by her, not by her fans, not by the label, so....it'll be interesting to see what the opening week sales are.

Tony_Bennett_and_Lady_Gaga_-_Cheek_to_Ch

Cheek To Cheek (Lady Gaga & Tony Bennet). Don't talk about it much, but Im a fan of this type of music so I give Gag's major props for taking a major risk & stepping in this direction

1.Anything Goes - B+, I like it but I wish the pace was a lil different, it almost feel rushed

2.Cheek To Cheek- A+, BEEEEEEAUTIFUL, the pace is perfect it starts off real slow almost bluesy then it picks up, Stefani sings it gorgeously. Their harmony's really beautiful in this song

3.Don't Wait Too Long (Just Tony) - A, I LIIIIIVE THOSE INSTRUMENTALS, and Mr. Bennet's voice complements wonderfully

4. I Can't Give You Anything But Love - C, Only standout about the song is Gags voice, but it's pretty forgettable, but damnit does she sing the hell out of it

5.Nature Boy - B- YESSSS THAT SMOOOOTH JAZZ I LOVE, really good, sensual, beautiful, sets a smooth mood. 

6.Goody Goody - C-, I LOVE this song and their version is cute, but it's not very memorable. Gag's doesn't even sing on it, she just gives cheeky commentary to him singing to her

7.Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye (Just Gaga) - A+, GAGA SINGS THIS SONG SO BEAUTIFULLY PERFECT, HER VOICE............This needs to be a single, not to say it'd be a hit but damnit it's just so beautifully done people who don't know how great her voice is should hear this.

8.Firefly - C-, Good song, Tony's voice is great in it, Gag's is cute but it's like a interlude, very short and not too memorable

9.I won't dance - C, most of what I said above

10. They All Laughed - B+ I love this song and it's pace and especially Gags vioce

11. Lush Life (Just Gaga) - B+, Not as good as track 7 but it's good

12. Sophisticated Lady (Just Tony) - A, His best solo song of the album imo

13. Lets Face The Music & Dance -B+, Real jazzy snazzy, GREAT horns and Bongo's, fun song

14. But Beautiful - A, Another smooth sweet slow well song beautifully orchestrated ballad

15. It Don't Mean A Thing (If It Aint Got That Swing) - B-, Good but it's missing something, maybe I'd change the instrumentals or something, can't put my finger on it but it's not my favorite cover of this song.

16. Bang Bang (My Baby Shot Me Down) - A, it's not my favorite version of the song, but damnit if this version isn't great....but it can't sit with Cher's or Nancy Sinatra's versions (ESPECIALLY NANCY'S! That's the 1 you know from Kill Bill)

I give this era a A, give Gags major props for taking this risk, and I think the promo's been really well, seen commercials, they have billboards and posters all over LA, so Im glad to see it's paying off and getting well recieved and probably will have some nice sales results tho technically if we're calling Artpop a flop, this 1 will be seen as more of 1 in pop culture Im guessing.

• Upvote 1

I do I just have no desire to listen to it -_-

It's amazing how well Gaga can do basically any genre though.

Aww lol, luckily for me Im a fan of Jazz & style, if she were to do folk....like P!nk...BUT I'd still listen tho...but would take my time with listening lol.

IT IS, Bitch impressed the hell out of me lol

Jennifer_Hudson_JHUD.jpg

I gotta say this is my favorite Jen album, it's less "current" than the other 2, and more timeless & classic, a MAJOR step in the direction I want her to go in. Heres my track by track assessment

8. Bring Back The Music -A+, YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS FINALLY SHE SHOWS HER VOICE OFF IN A DIFFERENT SOUND! PROGRESS AT LAST! This is a great song and sings it beautifully and switches up her tone from more than POWERFUL lol to soft, and then it evolves to powerful. This is easily 1 of my favorite songs she's done, it's truly a "Modern Aretha" song. It needs to be a single

9.Say It - C, Another grower, good song, but I don't think it's not a standout at all

10. Moan - A, Beautiful song, and most of what I said about BBTM, it shows off more of her voice & range, FINALLY, and NOTHING complements like actual instruments with it, and not drum machines. It's classic with a modern twist.

Mali Music produced the last 3 songs.. 

Gaga just made him the oldest man to get a #1 album. Really glad that album did well, it deserved to, it opened at 131k in the U.S. Im really glad that Im seeing and hearing so many people talking about this album and having this album (ALOT more than Artflop easily).

...............Meanwhile JHUD opens at 24K and #10..............I expected low but not that low, but like I said the label dropped the ball majorly with promo, why is she doing all these interviews on these morning shows and national networks but only performing on BET & TVone? They fucked her over on that, and now it makes me legit disappointed about it because it's her best album by far and I see most people agreeing with that. So it's a huge let down.