The Bowl that was Super, the Lady named Katy and YO YO YO WHO DAT BEEEE? MISSY ON THE M-I-C!!!!!!! - Official Thread

Aquaria

Stephen AmellVerified account ‏@amellywood
Beyonce just chuckled and changed the channel.

azjixXN.png

Dylan O'BrienVerified account
‏@dylanobrien
Oh awesome the worst halftime show ever!

Quote:

Neil Patrick Harris @ActuallyNPH · 3h 3 hours ago
@katyperry just crushed it at the Super Bowl! But, umm, that was my entire opening number for the #Oscars. Soooo, uhhhh... @TheAcademy
Quote:
Katy Perry absolutely crushed it!! What a performance... So proud of you katyperry you deserve it!http://instagram.com/p/ylNQ95RZ1q/
Quote:
Anderson Cooper @andersoncooper · 3h 3 hours ago
I thought Katy Perry was great, the dancing cartoon characters I didn't love, but what do I know.
Quote:
Adam Shankman @adammshankman · 3h 3 hours ago
All BS aside, @katyperry just dominated, vocally, production wise, messaging, boobs. all were as real as it gets. Bravo honey. Mic DROPPED!
Quote:
Tori Kelly @ToriKelly · 3h 3 hours ago
KATY. LENNY. MISSY. MY HEART
Quote:
Chris Crocker @ChrisCrocker · 3h 3 hours ago
Katy KILLED it. Sorry about it. That was fantastic.
Quote:
Charlamagne Tha God @cthagod · 3h 3 hours ago
Proud owner of all 3 Katy Perry albums. All 48 songs. Been to 4 concerts cause that's what real ****** do.......
Quote:
Jim Beaver @jumblejim · 3h 3 hours ago
I think Katy Perry has just been elevated to sainthood and lifted up to heaven.
Quote:
Becky G. @iambeckyg · 3h 3 hours ago
Wow wow wow @katyperry you never fail to amaze..... Today was the best super bowl halftime show I've ever seen. ❤️
Quote:
Britney Spears @britneyspears · 3h 3 hours ago
That half-time show! ���� @katyperry you rocked it!! #HalftimeShowKatyPerry
Quote:
Kevin Hart @KevinHart4real · 3h 3 hours ago
Amazing performance by @katyperry ....congrats!!!! You did that....woooooow!!!! Production was amazing and she sounded great
Quote:
Usain St. Leo Bolt @usainbolt · 3h 3 hours ago
Definitely a firework @katyperry #SuperBowlXLIX #HalftimeShowKatyPerry
Quote:
Olly Murs @ollyofficial · 3h 3 hours ago
Ooooooh F%@k yeahhhhhh @katyperry what a performance!! Bit of missy & Lenny in the mix too! I'd have been one of the sharks just saying FYI��
Quote:
CHARLI XCX @charli_xcx · 3h 3 hours ago
omg Katy and Missy just killed it - i think I just peed my pants that was so good
Quote:
Timbaland @Timbaland · 3h 3 hours ago
Correction Katy prince and b where the best I ever seen missy wowwwwwwwwwwwwww love my sister!!!!!!!http://instagram.com/p/ylODh-GvB7/
Quote:
♕DinahJane @dinahjane97 · 3h 3 hours ago
@katyperry @LennyKravitz @MissyElliott BY FAR MY FAVORITE HALF TIME SUPER BOWL SHOW! THAT WAS AMAZING!!
Quote:
Jake Miller @jakemiller · 3h 3 hours ago
Holy shitttttt Katy Perry just MURDEREDDDDDDDD it
Quote:
Connor Franta @ConnorFranta · 3h 3 hours ago
if katy perry isnt your queen she is still your queen don't deny it
Quote:
Anna Kendrick @AnnaKendrick47 · 3h 3 hours ago
It's official. Katy Perry is magic.
Quote:
Mary Lambert @marylambertsing · 3h 3 hours ago
BEST HALFTIME EVER I WILL EVEN OVERLOOK THE FACT SHE SANG I KISSED A GIRL WITH A DUDE
Quote:
k.d. lang @kdlang · 4h 4 hours ago
Half time ����������������
@katyperry @LennyKravitz 
@MissyElliott 

A triumph. Perfect Super Bowl entertainment. 

✔️%1000������������������
Quote:
Austin Mahone @AustinMahone · 4h 4 hours ago
Katy Perry is murdering it ������

Mostly to clown her

Anyways. I think it's cute that Katy called up Missy

And made her relevant again. I hope she does another album.

Katy performing I Kissed A Girl with a guy - I see you playing it safe, Katy 8f70c6ea.gif. Not wanting to piss off the rednecks with that lesbian stuff. 

:lmao: made her relevant until Friday

At least she looked good :shifty:

• Upvote 1

Not here for yesterdecade's rapper I didn't bother watching this years halftime show. That makes it 3 years in a row due to lack of interest

Ah sorry to hear that, cause Missy easily made every relevant female rapper look like the basic bitches they are and gave Rhythm Nation teas while at it. And you KNOW you saw Bruno slay, might not've seen it live but I know you saw the best FB performance of a SB headliner under 40 since Janet

Ah sorry to hear that, cause Missy easily made every relevant female rapper look like the basic bitches they are and gave Rhythm Nation teas while at it. And you KNOW you saw Bruno slay, might not've seen it live but I know you saw the best FB performance of a SB headliner under 40 since Janet

Glad she's staying relevant by copying Janet Jackson :) 

No I didn't watch Bruno's... I don't see the hype.. He has great music and I'm sure his energy is off the chain and I respect him... but I don't find him entertaining to watch for 10(?) minutes.

Glad she's staying relevant by copying Janet Jackson :)

No I didn't watch Bruno's... I don't see the hype.. He has great music and I'm sure his energy is off the chain and I respect him... but I don't find him entertaining to watch for 10(?) minutes.

Well it's not so easy, Ciara copies Janet for relevance and how's that working for her? It's different with Missy, most know she's the greatest female rapper of all time and was reminded she can slay the stage.

*insert side eye look*

Well it's not so easy, Ciara copies Janet for relevance and how's that working for her?

It's different with Missy, most know she's the greatest female rapper of all time and was reminded she can slay the stage.

*insert side eye look*

Who is Ciara?

Most? Yeah ok.. But I'm just gonna leave these here

https://music.yahoo.com/photos/hip-hop-s-20-most-successful-female-mcs-1410991890-slideshow/

http://m.xxlmag.com/entry/view/id/85798/i/20

http://whatculture.com/music/10-best-female-rap-artists.php/10

Random question. Why do those figures get attached to the performer though? Surely it's the teams that bring the viewers in? If it's a shit final then it's going to be less, no? And if it's an exciting two teams playing each other it'll be high?

Random question. Why do those figures get attached to the performer though? Surely it's the teams that bring the viewers in? If it's a shit final then it's going to be less, no? And if it's an exciting two teams playing each other it'll be high?

I think we outta wait until hourly/segmented numbers... The viewership could have went up or down depending where you look during the entire broadcast

For example, during the 4th quarter, 120M people tuned in 

http://deadline.com/2015/02/super-bowl-ratings-patriots-seahawks-2015-superbowl-xlix-1201364688/

http://variety.com/2015/tv/ratings/super-bowl-ratings-hit-all-time-high-with-patriots-win-on-nbc-1201421267/

UPDATE: 

First Half-Hour: 44.6 rating in its first half-hour

Second Half- Hour: 48.0

Super Bowl XLIX topped a 50 rating in each half hour from 8 p.m. ET to the game’s conclusion, peaking with a 52.9/73 from 10 to 10:15 p.m. ET. 

The Katy Perry-led halftime show did roughly a 50.8/73 in the overnights from 8 to 8:30 p.m. ET.

---

In conclusion, Katy Perry did boost ratings but I feel as if the ratings will still increase at the half-time

http://variety.com/2015/tv/ratings/super-bowl-ratings-hit-all-time-high-with-patriots-win-on-nbc-1201421267/

UPDATE: 

First Half-Hour: 44.6 rating in its first half-hour

Second Half- Hour: 48.0

Super Bowl XLIX topped a 50 rating in each half hour from 8 p.m. ET to the game’s conclusion, peaking with a 52.9/73 from 10 to 10:15 p.m. ET. 

The Katy Perry-led halftime show did roughly a 50.8/73 in the overnights from 8 to 8:30 p.m. ET.

---

In conclusion, Katy Perry did boost ratings but I feel as if the ratings will still increase at the half-time

True. All those kids waking up to see their idol before being sent back to bed :coffee:

Yea I think ever since Madges moment of most watched SB performance, I pretty much predicted they would all go up and top each other, this definitely proved it, cause Bruno put on 10times the show she did, but every year it's more than likely going to top the previous.

Exactly

And boy why you wastin our time? All 3 links were a fail, link 1 was "most successful", and if I told you once I told you a million times, being the best at sells don't make you the best at talent/skills besides promo. Case in point if you truly believe Garbaj is better than Missy because of her sales than surely you have to believe that Magrandma & Myriah are better than Janet because their sales are more than hers. The 2nd link is in no specific order what-so ever, and for someone who hates Iggy so much, they listed her as 1 of the best too.....so theres that. And the 3rd is a personal blog from a nobody....thus irrelevant, it's like posting a Facebook status. Only checking for credible sources like:

http://mic.com/articles/109640/10-years-later-missy-elliott-is-still-the-greatest-female-rapper

http://www.buzzfeed.com/hjupiter/27-reasons-missy-elliott-is-the-best-female-rapper-96yn

Yea it's only 2, but considering all 3 of your sources were chopped, it's enough. If most don't know she's the best they at least know she's 1 of the best ever, and I'll take that. Most who'll deny are either really young or dumb, and your neither so stop playing.

Nah they always do the rattings in portions, and that way it's easy to see the halftimes specific rattings boosts.

Yea I think ever since Madges moment of most watched SB performance, I pretty much predicted they would all go up and top each other, this definitely proved it, cause Bruno put on 10times the show she did, but every year it's more than likely going to top the previous. Exactly

And boy why you wastin our time? All 3 links were a fail, link 1 was "most successful", and if I told you once I told you a million times, being the best at sells don't make you the best at talent/skills besides promo. Case in point if you truly believe Garbaj is better than Missy because of her sales than surely you have to believe that Magrandma & Myriah are better than Janet because their sales are more than hers. The 2nd link is in no specific order what-so ever, and for someone who hates Iggy so much, they listed her as 1 of the best too.....so theres that. And the 3rd is a personal blog from a nobody....thus irrelevant, it's like posting a Facebook status. Only checking for credible sources like:

http://mic.com/articles/109640/10-years-later-missy-elliott-is-still-the-greatest-female-rapper

http://www.buzzfeed.com/hjupiter/27-reasons-missy-elliott-is-the-best-female-rapper-96yn

Yea it's only 2, but considering all 3 of your sources were chopped, it's enough. If most don't know she's the best they at least know she's 1 of the best ever, and I'll take that. Most who'll deny are either really young or dumb, and your neither so stop playing.

Nah they always do the rattings in portions, and that way it's easy to see the halftimes specific rattings boosts.

giphy.gif

Girl.. No one was checking for Missy before Feb. 1, 2015 and no one's gonna be checking for her March 1, 2015 :rolleyes: She shows up for 4 minutes and you would think Missy is still relevant.. :rolleyes: 

I posted links to some of the most recognized Hip-Hop publications.. You posted links to Buzzfeed (a pop culture website) and some article by some white woman named "Katie" :umm: JLF.. Stop.. You're worse than the media.. 

squirrel-up-dog-gif.gif

:lmao: made her relevant until Sunday (Grammy's) then people will move on

If Missy releases an album, it will be flopping

If she released music it would of fine.  She has timbaland.  He can put her whole album on empire if he wants to.  and she is beyond a rapper. The women can produce and write better than anyone.  

If she released music it would of fine.  She has timbaland.  He can put her whole album on empire if he wants to.

and she is beyond a rapper. The women can produce and write better than anyone.  

No.. It would flop.. Do You remember that Block Party album featuring Timbaland singles? No.. Neither do I :asham:

Yeah.. she did produce and wrote great songs

giphy.gif

Girl.. No one was checking for Missy before Feb. 1, 2015 and no one's gonna be checking for her March 1, 2015 :rolleyes: She shows up for 4 minutes and you would think Missy is still relevant.. :rolleyes:

I posted links to some of the most recognized Hip-Hop publications.. You posted links to Buzzfeed (a pop culture website) and some article by some white woman named "Katie" :umm: JLF.. Stop.. You're worse than the media.. 

squirrel-up-dog-gif.gif

WhitneyBullshit-vi.gif

Who said they were "checking" for her? Why would they have to. She can never release anything again and in most peoples minds (who aren't too young or dumb) she's either the best or 1 of the best to ever do it. Im not counting on her relevance lasting forever, I'd be a fool to for anyone, but this is her moment where she reminded the world she's better than every relevant rapper right now. Mission accomplished :)

You posted 1 article about sales, you posted 1 article that didn't give real ranking it was a "these are all the best and here's why", and a opinion blog that's as useful and credible as a random Facebook status update. And The article I posted was from a credible hip hop blog too, only it was specific in it's post dear. Point is, people know. My links were more credible to the topic at hand, stop wasting our time and get back to the topic at hand, you're disappointing me with the pretend denial over Missy's brilliance.

WhitneyIgotthis-vi.gif

WhitneyBullshit-vi.gif

Who said they were "checking" for her? Why would they have to. She can never release anything again and in most peoples minds (who aren't too young or dumb) she's either the best or 1 of the best to ever do it. Im not counting on her relevance lasting forever, I'd be a fool to for anyone, but this is her moment where she reminded the world she's better than every relevant rapper right now. Mission accomplished :)

You posted 1 article about sales, you posted 1 article that didn't give real ranking it was a "these are all the best and here's why", and a opinion blog that's as useful and credible as a random Facebook status update. And The article I posted was from a credible hip hop blog too, only it was specific in it's post dear. Point is, people know. My links were more credible to the topic at hand, stop wasting our time and get back to the topic at hand, you're disappointing me with the pretend denial over Missy's brilliance.

WhitneyIgotthis-vi.gif

She's "one of the best" not "the best"... That doesn't take away her legendary status but she's not THE best.. There is no female "the best" in one genre.. Nicki is paving her own legacy in the rap  

My topics were aimed at the hip-hop community. Doesn't matter who wrote it or how much money THEY may make at their media company, it's still media. YOU, however, posted some pop culture link and some other white woman.

TL;DR - Missy is a legend.. but she's not THE BEST