The Bowl that was Super, the Lady named Katy and YO YO YO WHO DAT BEEEE? MISSY ON THE M-I-C!!!!!!! - Official Thread

Aquaria

That might be because the album was never released nor was a single with promo or a video, but hey maybe that didn't have anything to do with it :coffee:

Honey... The first single is a first single no matter how it flopped.. If the song was hot... it would have took off and her album wouldn't have been shelved Postponed  ;)

Ciara and Usher did the same thing 

She's "one of the best" not "the best"... That doesn't take away her legendary status but she's not THE best.. There is no female "the best" in one genre.. Nicki is paving her own legacy in the rap  

My topics were aimed at the hip-hop community. Doesn't matter who wrote it or how much money THEY may make at their media company, it's still media. YOU, however, posted some pop culture link and some other white woman.

TL;DR - Missy is a legend.. but she's not THE BEST

But more often than not if theres ranking involved she's either #1 or top 3-5 regardless. I think the most Nicki can hope for is Iconic, cause all she has is sales.

Oh Mine were aimed at all time, transending beyond just Hip Hop, like Missy's influence has. And what does the womens race have to do with how much she might like rap? And you do know that that blog post that's as useful as someone's FB status was posted by a british white women right? I take it you missed that part since apparently it matters. I repeat, I posted credible reliable relevant links proving my point, regardless of who. None of your links countered that point, actually except for the useless blogpost. MOVE.ON.GAME. This argument's not going anywhere.

JasmineIwontheargumentboo-vi.gif

Honey... The first single is a first single no matter how it flopped.. If the song was hot... it would have took off and her album wouldn't have been shelved Postponed  ;)

JanetUhuh-vi.gif

YOU KNOW that's not how it works, all singles need a push, theres verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry few songs in the 00's that make it to the top 30 even without a video or a performance, or even promo. If you saw her Behind The music (which I doubt) she was dealing with her disease during that time, it took it's toll she was unable to really do anything with the singles and when she was ready it was way too late, by like 3 years. You're a super Mayer fan you should be used to that more than anyone else unless you think every single he's released in the last 5 years since his last top 20 weren't "hot/good"...you might LOL. Promo can take a shitty song to #1, and the lack of it can keep a game changing great song in the bubbling under 100, that's how the industry works.

Well it's not so easy, Ciara copies Janet for relevance and how's that working for her? It's different with Missy, most know she's the greatest female rapper of all time and was reminded she can slay the stage.

*insert side eye look*

Ok Jarryl I was with you until. Also so was that 118 million viewers for the halftime show correct or no? :unsure:

But more often than not if theres ranking involved she's either #1 or top 3-5 regardless. I think the most Nicki can hope for is Iconic, cause all she has is sales.

Oh Mine were aimed at all time, transending beyond just Hip Hop, like Missy's influence has. And what does the womens race have to do with how much she might like rap? And you do know that that blog post that's as useful as someone's FB status was posted by a british white women right? I take it you missed that part since apparently it matters. I repeat, I posted credible reliable relevant links proving my point, regardless of who. None of your links countered that point, actually except for the useless blogpost. MOVE.ON.GAME. This argument's not going anywhere.

YOU KNOW that's not how it works, all singles need a push, theres verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry few songs in the 00's that make it to the top 30 even without a video or a performance, or even promo. If you saw her Behind The music (which I doubt) she was dealing with her disease during that time, it took it's toll she was unable to really do anything with the singles and when she was ready it was way too late, by like 3 years. You're a super Mayer fan you should be used to that more than anyone else unless you think every single he's released in the last 5 years since his last top 20 weren't "hot/good"...you might LOL. Promo can take a shitty song to #1, and the lack of it can keep a game changing great song in the bubbling under 100, that's how the industry works.

You didn't win anything.. I am agreeing with you.. She's legendary but let's just say.. that Rodent saw his shadow so 6 more weeks of Missy over-coverage

That's not how it works? How many artists climbed the charts based on them posting their single on iTunes and promoting it via social media? 

First off.. John Mayer had a vocal nodule... That's like comparing cancer to a flu... Second off, John isn't a legend and he's not the BEST guitarist.. He's ONE of the best 

was that 118 million viewers for the halftime show correct or no?  :unsure:

Yes.. Had nothing to do with Missy... It barely has to do with Katy

Ok Jarryl I was with you until. Also so was that 118 million viewers for the halftime show correct or no? :unsure:

OK. And as far as I know, yea it's real unless something came out saying otherwise, the number I saw everywhere was 118million

Out of curiosity tho, who would you say is the best female rapper ever?

You didn't win anything.. I am agreeing with you.. She's legendary but let's just say.. that Rodent say his shadow so 6 more weeks of Missy over-coverage

That's not how it works? How many artists climbed the charts based on them posting their single on iTunes and promoting it via social media? 

First off.. John Mayer had a vocal nodule... That's like comparing cancer to a flu... Second off, John isn't a legend and he's not the BEST guitarist.. He's ONE of the best 

Yes.. Had nothing to do with Missy... It barely has to do with Katy

Well there we go (I will also add to what's crossed out, who gives a fuck about Itunes? Im talking billboard hot 100) we're all good. :thumbup:

Ofcourse it didnt have to do with either, that was my point that I came to last year it's going to go up every year regardless of who. This was VERY much a indicator.

Well there we go (I will also add to what's crossed out, who gives a fuck about Itunes? Im talking billboard hot 100) we're all good. :thumbup:

Ofcourse it didnt have to do with either, that was my point that I came to last year it's going to go up every year regardless of who. This was VERY much a indicator.

:umm: iTunes account for a large portion of single sales.. iTunes accounts for 64% of digital sales

:umm: iTunes account for a large portion of single sales.. iTunes accounts for 64% of digital sales

Today, not in 08 when she dropped the 1st single which is when I was talking about specifically but even today as important as Itunes is for digital sales, their charts will not be more important than the hot 100, we know this. I will agree that the 2 songs she dropped in 2012 that she also didn't promote at all weren't anywhere near her best or 1st single worthy (good tho), but again that had more to do with lack of promo than the songs themselves, but still she's been dealing with alot health wise in the 10 yrs since her last album, thus she's never really come back with everything she's got like she always had before hand. She has yet to come out with a killer 1st single, fully promoted,  amazing video and really fail. Maybe this new 1 whenever it comes out will be the 1st but I don't think we can fully right her off.

Today, not in 08 when she dropped the 1st single which is when I was talking about specifically but even today as important as Itunes is for digital sales, their charts will not be more important than the hot 100, we know this. I will agree that the 2 songs she dropped in 2012 that she also didn't promote at all weren't anywhere near her best or 1st single worthy (good tho), but again that had more to do with lack of promo than the songs themselves, but still she's been dealing with alot health wise in the 10 yrs since her last album, thus she's never really come back with everything she's got like she always had before hand. She has yet to come out with a killer 1st single, fully promoted,  amazing video and really fail. Maybe this new 1 whenever it comes out will be the 1st but I don't think we can fully right her off.

So that's what that feels like... 

She will never come out with a killer single..