Jon Stewart Leaving The Daily Show....Truly the end of a era

jarrylf

http://time.com/3704244/jon-stewart-the-daily-show-leaving/

The iconic Comedy Central host will depart later this year Jon Stewart, the comedian-turned-faux newsman who transformed The Daily Showinto a cultural powerhouse over the course of 16 years at the anchor desk, is leaving the show later this year.

Stewart announced his coming departure during the taping of Tuesday night’s show, and Comedy Central president Michele Ganeless confirmed it in a statement. It wasn’t immediately clear what Stewart’s next move will be, nor was it clear who would replace him or whether the show will continue.

“For the better part of the last two decades, I have had the incredible honor and privilege of working with Jon Stewart,” Ganeless said. “His comedic brilliance is second to none. Jon has been at the heart of Comedy Central, championing and nurturing the best talent in the industry, in front of and behind the camera. Through his unique voice and vision, ‘The Daily Show’ has become a cultural touchstone for millions of fans and an unparalleled platform for political comedy that will endure for years to come. Jon will remain at the helm of ‘The Daily Show’ until later this year. He is a comic genius, generous with his time and talent, and will always be a part of the Comedy Central family.”

My emotions are like
:mellow::umm:    :tear:  :cry:  :angry::(   :sigh:

I still have to watch Last Week Tonight. I've nver been that big on Oliver, but I hear great things.

I hope his replacement is Jason Jones, he's my favorite of the anchors (almost more than Colbert honestly), Jones reminds me of Jon in alot of ways.  so I think it'd be best, or even more interesting if both he & Samantha were co-anchors, they were GREAT covering for him when they did recently when he was absent, I think it'd be really interesting if the format was with 2 head anchors. BUT as much as I love Jason, he has NOTHING on Jon, this...........SUCKS

Like I hate this idea because, I want more time to get use to Larry, Im really liking him, but I like that his show follows a anchor that Im more familiar/comfortable with, I don't think he's ready (in the next yr) to be the more familiar lead anchor of the 2 shows, no matter who Jon's replacement is.

So sad to see John go.

I like all pf their shows. If anything, I think their shows are too short to allow more depth to the conversation. Especially with Larry's show. The round table discussion isn't long enough. They had changed the format of the show for the discussion on black fatherhood and it still didn't feel long enough. John is tough, he got Huckabee on his hypocrisy over his Beyoncé criticsms, but I feel he can let bullshit past him. This is why I love the Keep it 100 segment of Larry's show. although the audience sometimes confuses someone thinking before they articulate themselves as not keeping it truthful.. Some of the questions they ask are really tough. It's kinda cool getting to see their responses when asked the same question and why. I also like that Larry's show doesn't need to have segments with celebrities promoting their movie.

I thino Jason and Samantha would be great as new hosts. They'd be my vote