Janet Unbreakable World Tour: The Miami Experience

Kishi

Good morning, afternoon, and evening...

Tomorrow night is the Miami show and I'm overjoyed. I can't believe it's been 4 years since the last tour (which ended in Miami Beach). I'm excited for Janet, the show, the merchandise, and the fans. I haven't watched any videos or heard any new songs outside of "No Sleeep" and "Unbreakable", so I'm anxious and thrilled! Fans are coming from EVERYWHERE and we'll be meeting up at the arena around 5pm and then going to eat/drink at Bayside before the VIP museum.

I'm working on a video for the entire experience and I'll be posting pictures here, can't wait! :)

• Upvote 2

What a great experience I had today at the Janet Unbreakable World Tour in Miami!

I arrived at 4:30pm to Bayside, met with friends at Chili's and headed to the arena at 6:30pm. Went into the museum (I printed out the e-mail from the Janet Jackson store) and started getting anxious. I was speaking to Janet's staff about how nervous and excited I was and what she means to me, then they handed me two front row tickets!!

I ran, screamed, and got emotional. Once I got to the first row, I danced until the show started. Once the show started, I was frozen and crying. Then I started dancing along with her. She looks great, was dancing and singing her butt off, the dancers are AWESOME, the new choreography routines are impressive (I'm LOVING the chair routine for "When I Think Of You"), the new songs are beautiful ("Shoulda Known Better" is a jam), and the place was packed with loud, dancing, energetic fans. 

The show does have a lot of medleys and it seems to go by so quickly. She has so many hits and songs, it's definitely hard to pick and choose what should be performed. I loved that the DJ played fan favorites ("Empty", "Someday Is Tonight", "Could This Be Love", "Making Love In The Rain", "Feels So Right", "Spending Time With You", "Accept Me", etc), non-singles, bonus, and unreleased stuff. I danced my ass off.

I met so many different people: friends that came as a last minute choice, Janet fans I know online, folks from overseas and other states, such a diverse and loving crowd of people. What an unforgettable experience. I've waited 4 years to see her live again and I can honestly say the wait was worth it. 

• Upvote 6

What a great experience I had today at the Janet Unbreakable World Tour in Miami!

I arrived at 4:30pm to Bayside, met with friends at Chili's and headed to the arena at 6:30pm. Went into the museum (I printed out the e-mail from the Janet Jackson store) and started getting anxious. I was speaking to Janet's staff about how nervous and excited I was and what she means to me, then they handed me two front row tickets!!

I ran, screamed, and got emotional. Once I got to the first row, I danced until the show started. Once the show started, I was frozen and crying. Then I started dancing along with her. She looks great, was dancing and singing her butt off, the dancers are AWESOME, the new choreography routines are impressive (I'm LOVING the chair routine for "When I Think Of You"), the new songs are beautiful ("Shoulda Known Better" is a jam), and the place was packed with loud, dancing, energetic fans. 

The show does have a lot of medleys and it seems to go by so quickly. She has so many hits and songs, it's definitely hard to pick and choose what should be performed. I loved that the DJ played fan favorites ("Empty", "Someday Is Tonight", "Could This Be Love", "Making Love In The Rain", "Feels So Right", "Spending Time With You", "Accept Me", etc), non-singles, bonus, and unreleased stuff. I danced my ass off.

I met so many different people: friends that came as a last minute choice, Janet fans I know online, folks from overseas and other states, such a diverse and loving crowd of people. What an unforgettable experience. I've waited 4 years to see her live again and I can honestly say the wait was worth it. 

Oh wow he played "Feels So Right"?!!! :o  I can't wait to go to the show in SF!!! By the way here's a pic of the sold out show you were at lol

miami.jpg

• Upvote 2

Great reading your experience. Glad you had fun

• Upvote 1

Oh wow he played "Feels So Right"?!!! :o  I can't wait to go to the show in SF!!! By the way here's a pic of the sold out show you were at lol

miami.jpg

"The Skin Game", "Funny How Time Flies", "Call On Me", "Young Love", "Say You Do", several remixes of "Someone To Call My Lover", "Go Deep", "Runaway", "So Excited", "Nothing", "Make Me", "Never Letchu Go", "Rock With U", "Put Your Hands On", "Pops Up", "What Can I Say", "Clap Your Hands"....just to name a few. I heard "New Agenda" and "Call On Me" in the museum.

Edited by Kishi

Thank you for the compliment! I'm still on a high. 

Power 96 asked me to do some choreography before the show. I was more than tipsy already, but I did my best! I don't know how to embed Instagram videos properly, so you can view it here: https://instagram.com/p/73mtxolVny/?taken-by=power_965

Edited by Kishi
  • Upvote 3