Singles Rate: 2002

TwistedElegance™

img OkoQiF1.png

Tying for third place are the two longest-running number ones of the calendar year, Foolish by Ashanti and Dilemma by Nelly featuring Kelly Rowland. Both songs relied heavily on samples, with Foolish built on The Notorious B.I.G.'s One More Chance and Dilemma owing a debt to Patti LaBelle's 1984 hit, Love, Need and Want You. Combined, the two songs reigned over the Hot 100 for a total of five months. The video for Foolish was directed by the song's producer, Irv Gotti, and was inspired by Goodfellas, with Terrence Howard playing Ashanti's love interest. Dilemma, directed by Benny Boom, also featured a celebrity cameo in the aforementioned LaBelle, who played Rowland's mother. Both songs represent the commercial peak for all three artists, and both were recognised at the 2003 Grammy Awards with Foolish receiving a nomination for Best Female R&B Vocal Performance and Dilemma scoring a nod for the coveted Record of the Year.

The breakdown ~ Foolish and Dilemma both peaked at No. 1 on the Hot 100 and place 3rd with a voter average of 7.66.

Foolish

• 10 - Dammn Bu
  • 9 - hotboy06
  • 8 - DarkStormSC, Game, kennita jo, RedSimba & __VelvetKnowledge1814
  • 7 - God, Jarrylf, Stealth
  • 6 - LyricalLesson & TwistedElegance

Dilemma

• 10 - Dammn Bu, DarkStormSC & Jarrylf
  • 9 - Stealth & __VelvetKnowledge1814
  • 8 - hotboy06 & kennita jo
  • 7 - RedSimba & TwistedElegance
  • 6 - God & LyricalLesson
  • 2 - Game

no you should for rating our wedding song so low. *throws ring back at Game*. Jarryl, where you at? 

You are the definition of Bridezilla :sigh:... It would be a cold day in Qatar before Kelly Rowlsnd makes an musical appearance at OUR wedding 

You know I give you life :umm: <_< 

Edited by Game
  • Upvote 1

no you should for rating our wedding song so low. *throws ring back at Game*. Jarryl, where you at? 

Where I've been the whole time...
giphy.gif

tumblr_mkqoi6c8L11rissi9o6_250.gif
trusting you'd make the right decision all along, Let's move before old man Game sticks the hounds on us
giphy.gif

• Upvote 3

You are the definition of Bridezilla :sigh:... It would be a cold day in Qatar before Kelly Rowlsnd makes an musical appearance at OUR wedding 

You know I give you life :umm: <_< 

Well what do you know - Qatar had a cold snap in January http://dohanews.co/cold-snap-in-qatar-to-continue-through-wednesday/

Don't hurt yourself, Becky

Where I've been the whole time...
giphy.gif

tumblr_mkqoi6c8L11rissi9o6_250.gif
trusting you'd make the right decision all along, Let's move before old man Game sticks the hounds on us
giphy.gif

Let me escape

mariah-carey-honey-o.gif

• Upvote 1

Not here for Flophio -_-

Yea the coldest it gets here.....California....is around the 30's, but if you're missing the seasons, we have the mountains, we have snow (in the mountains), we have the ocean, we have the sunshine, we have the desert, we have the woods...all we need...is you...
s-b9b37a22b69f16ba7dc6326575feeca90d639e
(and when Janet makes a concert date here you know she won't cancel, look it up!)

• Upvote 1

Yea the coldest it gets here.....California....is around the 30's, but if you're missing the seasons, we have the mountains, we have snow (in the mountains), we have the ocean, we have the sunshine, we have the desert, we have the woods...all we need...is you...
s-b9b37a22b69f16ba7dc6326575feeca90d639e
(and when Janet makes a concert date here you know she won't cancel, look it up!)

The shade in that last sentence :lmao:

The shade in that last sentence :lmao:

It's shade but it's fucking true, EVERY tour she's done has had cancelled dates, and it's NEVER EVER been LA, practically anywhere and everywhere else. So that's why I tells all you bitches when Janet announces tourdates. COME.TO.LA. NOOOOO cancellations (let me knock on wood, watch her up and cancel next year LOL JP). People talkin bout Vegas residency's she's cancelled Vegas, she needs a fuckin LA residency lol....then I don't have to go 4hrs to see her lol

• Upvote 2

And the winner is...

img murFlu8.png

In a first, we have joint winners as Missy Elliott and Eminem claim victory for 2002. Arguably career-defining singles for both artists, Work It spent a record-tying 10 weeks at No. 2 on the Hot 100, held off the top the entire time by Lose Yourself which ruled for a staggering three months. Elliott's single served as the lead from her fourth album, Under Construction, a disc that earned her a Grammy nomination for Album of the Year, while Eminem's hit was lifted from 8 Mile, a semi-biographical account of the Detroit rapper's attempts at a career in hip-hop. Both the album and the film would prove critical and commercial triumphs, earning Eminem an Oscar and a Grammy nod for Song of the Year, the first rap record to ever be considered for the prize. Missy maintained her strike rate with Work It's stunning video. After guiding all four clips from her previous album, Dave Meyers truly solidified his creative partnership with the hip-hop star, incorporating everything from live bees to child dancers, and an homage to the recent passing of R&B stars Aaliyah and Left-Eye. It raised the bar for all pop stars, and was rewarded with a VMA for Video of the Year. The song briefly re-entered the Hot 100 after her guest turn during Katy Perry's Super Bowl halftime show in 2015.

The breakdown ~ Work It and Lose Yourself reached No. 2 and No. 1 on the Hot 100 respectively, and place equal 1st with a voter average of 8.66.

Work It

• 10 - God, hotboy06, Jarrylf, kennita jo, RedSimba, Stealth & TwistedElegance
  • 9 - DarkStormSC
  • 8 - LyricalLesson & __VelvetKnowledge1814
  • 7 - Dammn Bu
  • 2 - Game

Lose Yourself

• 10 - DarkStormSC, hotboy06, Jarrylf, LyricalLesson & Stealth
  • 9 - Game & TwistedElegance
  • 8 - kennita jo & __VelvetKnowledge1814
  • 7 - God & RedSimba
  • 6 - Dammn Bu
  • Upvote 1