Janet Jackson launches teen group Mindless Behavior, on her U.S tour

cnd

JANET JACKSON LAUNCHES TEEN GROUP MINDLESS BEHAVIOR, ON HER U.S TOUR

02/02/2011 (Beverly Hills, CA) If the past predicts the future, Janet Jackson may be hastening the stardom of four thirteen year olds by selecting the LA-based teen group Mindless Behavior to open for her in select North American cities of her upcoming Janet Jackson NUMBER ONES: Up Close & Personal Tour. As with previous opening acts such as Usher and *NSYNC, Janet looks forward to bringing their musical talent to her wide audience. Mindless Behavior will join JANET for twelve dates, most of which are already sold out.

Mindless Behavior is comprised of four teenagers, Prodigy, Roc Royal, Ray Ray and Princeton. Mindless Behavior was formed at a Los Angeles based audition hosted by Conjunction Productions head Walter Millsap and Streamline Records head Vincent Herbert in 2008. Prodigy, Princeton, Roc, and Ray Ray were the stand out performers due to their skill in dance, vocals and overall performance. After two years of artist development, Herbert, who also discovered Lady Gaga and has executive-produced all of her music, introduced Mindless Behavior to IGA Chairman Jimmy Iovine, who immediately offered the talented teens a record deal.

The young men hail from the city of Los Angeles where they learned to fuse their sound of Pop, R&B, Rap, and Soul. They have worked with top producers including Walter Millsap (Beyonce, Timbaland) and Polow da Don (Fergie, Usher, Nelly) to create their epic sound. The teens previously performed to rave reviews and roaring crowds at malls and schools across the US, and opening sets with the Backstreet Boys (This Is Us 2010) and Justin Bieber (Pop-con 2010 & My World Tour 2010). Joining Janet Jackson’s tour will be the largest tour for them to date.

"I am showcasing 20 kids under 20 who have changed their communities in positive ways. It’s exciting to have Mindless Behavior open for me in these cities because they are enriching our global community with their love of music, and that is what 20 under 20 is all about. I first listened to them on YouTube and think they are great. I hope you enjoy these kids as much as I do, they are very talented,” said JANET.

“We’re so excited to be joining someone as legendary as Janet Jackson on her tour,” Princeton said. “We can’t wait to perform on her stage and show the crowd how to get Mindless!’”

Nominations for 20 under 20 are currently being accepted on janetjackson.com. The chosen nominees and those who submit them will be invited as VIP guests by JANET to the concert and a backstage meeting with the Icon.

Mindless Behavior joins Janet on the selected dates listed below:

Mar-07 - Chicago Chicago Theatre

Mar-08 - Chicago Chicago Theatre

Mar-09 - Chicago Chicago Theatre

Mar-12 - Toronto Sony Centre for the Performing Arts

Mar-13 - Toronto Sony Centre for the Performing Arts

Mar-15 - Boston Wang

Mar-16 - Uncasville Mohegan Sun

Mar-18 - New York Radio City

Mar-19 - New York Radio City

Mar-21 - New York Radio City

Mar-22 - Washington DC Constitution Hall

Mar-24 - Washington DC Constitution Hall

http://www.janetjackson.com/story/news/janet_jackson_launches_teen_group_mindless_behavior_on_her_us_tour

At some venues there won't be an opening act such as the one I'm going to in Santa Barbara as they start there shows early there....7pm and I believe shows are meant to be done by 9pm. I could be wrong but if there is an opening act maybe they will make an exception but I really hope not....I'm selfish and want only Janet and everyone is going to try and shade you in the pit and bump you to get the front. Not on my watch!

At some venues there won't be an opening act such as the one I'm going to in Santa Barbara as they start there shows early there....7pm and I believe shows are meant to be done by 9pm. I could be wrong but if there is an opening act maybe they will make an exception but I really hope not....I'm selfish and want only Janet and everyone is going to try and shade you in the pit and bump you to get the front. Not on my watch!

You're right! I don't want the opening acts to waste my Janet time. LOL! :excited:

Can you believe that some people on the Xone have an issue with this? Does it really matter who opens when you're a Janet fan?>

A couple of them also had an issue with the 20 under 20 thing.. :mellow:

Those fucks are like a different breed of people.. :crazy:

That forum will whine and complain about anything. :sigh:

Can you believe that some people on the Xone have an issue with this? Does it really matter who opens when you're a Janet fan?>

A couple of them also had an issue with the 20 under 20 thing.. :mellow:

Those fucks are like a different breed of people.. :crazy:

Well i have an issue with it too Shawn..so there. :hmph:

Archived