The Legendary Official R I H A L L A H Thread

DJ Y2K Malone™

'S&M', 'Only Girl (In The World)' and 'California King Bed'. To me it feels like she's gone back to being a singles artist. Rated R was a really strong album, but this isn't.

'S&M' is the next single Rated R is still one of my favorite albums

I just finished listening to it also and it's just okay to me. This is the first Rihanna album I've heard in full. I guess I'll try Rated R.

Rated R is very good

What's My Name?" becomes Rihanna's eighth No. 1 (and featured artist Drake's first), a sum bested by only four women in the Hot 100's 52-year history.

Here is a look at the solo female artists with the most Hot 100 No. 1s:

Total No. 1s, Artist, No. 1 Span

18, Mariah Carey (1990-2008)

12, Madonna (1984-2000)

11, Whitney Houston (1985-95)

10, Janet Jackson (1986-2001)

8, Rihanna (2006-10)

6, Paula Abdul (1989-91)

6, Diana Ross (1970-81)

5, Beyonce (2003-08)

5, Olivia Newton-John (1974-81)

5, Barbra Streisand (1974-80)

Of the women with at least eight No. 1s, Carey reached the total the fastest, as "Vision of Love" became her first leader the week of Aug. 4, 1990, and "Hero," her eighth, reigned Dec. 25, 1993, a span of three years, four months and three weeks. Rihanna is the second-quickest, requiring just four years, six months and one week between her first and latest trips to the top.

Dating to May 13, 2006, when "SOS" became the first of Rihanna's eight Hot 100 No. 1s, Justin Timberlake ranks second with four leaders, followed by the Black Eyed Peas, Eminem, Fergie, Nelly Furtado, Ludacris, Katy Perry, T.I. and T-Pain, each with three.

"What's My Name?" storms in atop Digital Songs, marking Rihanna's ninth No. 1 on the survey, the highest total since the chart's data began contributing to the Hot 100 the week of Feb. 12, 2005. Beyonce, the Black Eyed Peas, Eminem and Timberlake rank second in that span with five Digital Songs No. 1s each.

http://www.billboard.com/column/chartbeat/weekly-chart-notes-rihanna-mariah-carey-1004126525.story?tag=hpfeed#/column/chartbeat/weekly-chart-notes-rihanna-mariah-carey-1004126525.story?tag=hpfeed