The Legendary Official R I H A L L A H Thread

DJ Y2K Malone™

SIMON SAYS SMASH X 2

Cowell Discoveries Susan Boyle and Newcomer Jackie Evancho Will Top Next Week’s Chart, with Nine Albums Overall in Six Figures

November 17, 2010

Simon Cowell’s got Talent, and now so does Steve Barnett’s Columbia Records.

The label will sport the top two albums on next week’s HITS sales chart with a pair of the U.K. music/TV exec’s discoveries at opposite ends of the age spectrum in 49-year-old Susan Boyle and 10-year-old child prodigy Jackie Evancho, alumni from his shows Britain’s Got Talent and America’s Got Talent, respectively.

Boyle looks like a repeat for the top spot, with an early projection of 300k+, based on one-day sales from those music retailers who haven’t turned in their leases for yogurt franchises.

The remarkable Evancho is the big story, as the diminutive operatic crooner bests all prognostications with 270-290k in first-week sales, good for #2 on next week’s chart.

Those two, along with six other debuts, and the returning Taylor Swift, will give next week’s Top 10 nine titles of 100k or more.

Rihanna’s fifth Def Jam/IDJ album, Loud, will debut with between 180-190k, followed by Rascal Flatts’ Big Machine debut, Nothing Like This, is earmarked for between 170-180k, the same projected total for Capitol Nashville/EMI country star Keith Urban’s Get Closer and Reprise crooner Josh Groban’s Rick Rubin-produced Illuminations.

Atlantic’s Kid Rock returns with Born Free, his follow-up to the triple-platinum Rock N Roll Jesus, which is just behind that trio in the 160-170k range.

Universal Motown’s Nelly album, 5.0, should be in the 55-60k range, with Tony Brummel’s Victory Records scoring one of their biggest albums ever in veteran Ocala, FL, rockers A Day to Remember’s What Separates Me From You, fueled by the hit, “All I Want,” looking at a projected total of 50-60k.

Columbia icon Bruce Springsteen’s two-CD set of outtakes from the Darkness at the Edge of Town sessions, The Promise, should do between 40-50k, while the Darkness deluxe box set edition will do an additional 28-32k, with 22k sold on the first day alone.

LaFace/JLG stalwart Pink’s Greatest Hits is one of three albums set to do 40-45k, along with 19/RCA/RMG American Idol winner Lee Dewyze and Six Steps’ Dove award-winning Christian artist Chris Tomlin.

Blue Note/EMI perennial Norah Jones’ compilation of duets, … Featuring, which will do 18-22k. The last debut of note is Heinz lounge-rockers Pink Martini’s holiday-themed Joy to the World, which should see first-week sales of 15-18k

The market was up 16% vs. last week, down 11% vs. same week last year and down 13% year to date. You may now return to watching Sarah Palin’s Alaska and rooting for her daughter to win Dancing with the Stars. Or not.

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news08306m01

STILL no #1 album, STILL can't break 200k first week, STILL not selling albums. Poor Rhinceros. Better luck next time. :tear::lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I never based my stans on Rhi Rhi due to sales or awards

I like her style and music that's all that matters and if she gets a #1 song on the way that's cool

she could of easily released in the spring and snatched #1 because you have a #1 album really means nothing with out singles being played on the radio

as much as love Janet her last album went #1 but flopped :coffee:

SIMON SAYS SMASH X 2

Cowell Discoveries Susan Boyle and Newcomer Jackie Evancho Will Top Next Week’s Chart, with Nine Albums Overall in Six Figures

November 17, 2010

Simon Cowell’s got Talent, and now so does Steve Barnett’s Columbia Records.

The label will sport the top two albums on next week’s HITS sales chart with a pair of the U.K. music/TV exec’s discoveries at opposite ends of the age spectrum in 49-year-old Susan Boyle and 10-year-old child prodigy Jackie Evancho, alumni from his shows Britain’s Got Talent and America’s Got Talent, respectively.

Boyle looks like a repeat for the top spot, with an early projection of 300k+, based on one-day sales from those music retailers who haven’t turned in their leases for yogurt franchises.

The remarkable Evancho is the big story, as the diminutive operatic crooner bests all prognostications with 270-290k in first-week sales, good for #2 on next week’s chart.

Those two, along with six other debuts, and the returning Taylor Swift, will give next week’s Top 10 nine titles of 100k or more.

Rihanna’s fifth Def Jam/IDJ album, Loud, will debut with between 180-190k, followed by Rascal Flatts’ Big Machine debut, Nothing Like This, is earmarked for between 170-180k, the same projected total for Capitol Nashville/EMI country star Keith Urban’s Get Closer and Reprise crooner Josh Groban’s Rick Rubin-produced Illuminations.

Atlantic’s Kid Rock returns with Born Free, his follow-up to the triple-platinum Rock N Roll Jesus, which is just behind that trio in the 160-170k range.

Universal Motown’s Nelly album, 5.0, should be in the 55-60k range, with Tony Brummel’s Victory Records scoring one of their biggest albums ever in veteran Ocala, FL, rockers A Day to Remember’s What Separates Me From You, fueled by the hit, “All I Want,” looking at a projected total of 50-60k.

Columbia icon Bruce Springsteen’s two-CD set of outtakes from the Darkness at the Edge of Town sessions, The Promise, should do between 40-50k, while the Darkness deluxe box set edition will do an additional 28-32k, with 22k sold on the first day alone.

LaFace/JLG stalwart Pink’s Greatest Hits is one of three albums set to do 40-45k, along with 19/RCA/RMG American Idol winner Lee Dewyze and Six Steps’ Dove award-winning Christian artist Chris Tomlin.

Blue Note/EMI perennial Norah Jones’ compilation of duets, … Featuring, which will do 18-22k. The last debut of note is Heinz lounge-rockers Pink Martini’s holiday-themed Joy to the World, which should see first-week sales of 15-18k

The market was up 16% vs. last week, down 11% vs. same week last year and down 13% year to date. You may now return to watching Sarah Palin’s Alaska and rooting for her daughter to win Dancing with the Stars. Or not.

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news08306m01

STILL no #1 album, STILL can't break 200k first week, STILL not selling albums. Poor Rhinceros. Better luck next time. :tear::lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

they just count retail sales not the digital sales

Rihanna's album was released yesterday

Susan last week and the others this article is flawed to me

I dont know cause she a lil stiff on the dance floor and a bit white washed now... and we all know chris brown wasn't really giving it to her good... I don't think she's properly trained in handling the dick :coffee:

lol shes def not stiff i mean she whines a lil onstage but i bet she can get down if she had to, and how do u know he wasnt giving it to her good, were u their director or something, lol

Whilst doing some aggressive promo rounds this week for new album ‘Loud’, Rihanna hit up several radio stations. The 22-year-old visited Hot 97?s Angie Martinez in New York City. Although, the hardworking songstress has yet to wrap up her ‘Last Girl on Earth’ tour (she’s doing some shows in Austrailia early next year), she says that her ‘Loud’ world will kick off next year summer. Proceed to read quotes and to check out her predicted first week sales and chart position.

“Yes, we’re gonna tour” she told Hot 97?s Angie Martinez. “Actually, we have to finish up my Australian leg of my Last Girl On Earth tour, and we’re gonna go to Asia and Brazil. And then we’re gonna come back, regroup, rehearse, and go out on the Loud world tour. That’s gonna launch in the Summer”

http://www.theprophetblog.net/rihanna-announces-loud-world-tour-and-talks-third-single

Whilst doing some aggressive promo rounds this week for new album ‘Loud’, Rihanna hit up several radio stations. The 22-year-old visited Hot 97?s Angie Martinez in New York City. Although, the hardworking songstress has yet to wrap up her ‘Last Girl on Earth’ tour (she’s doing some shows in Austrailia early next year), she says that her ‘Loud’ world will kick off next year summer. Proceed to read quotes and to check out her predicted first week sales and chart position.

damn shes crazy, didnt madonna do that with the sweet & sticky tour like right after the confessions tour

Rihanna is set to prove she's the only girl in the world when she takes the stage at the American Music Awards on Sunday. The Loud singer will be the show's opening act and says that despite some recent big awards-show performances, à la this month's MTV Europe Music Awards, this one will be even more epic.

"We're actually performing at the AMAs. We're actually opening up the show, which is a lot of pressure," she told MTV News about the performance. "But I love a challenge and I can't wait."

Rihanna hinted to us that she might be singing the Loud track "Cheers (Drink to That)," but didn't confirm the selection. She did, however, admit to being nervous about all of the airtime she's been given.

"They gave me nine minutes to do whatever I want and I can't wait," she shared. "That's a long time on an awards show, but it's going to be exciting. I can't wait. I can't wait to do it. I really can't."

The executives behind the AMAs are equally thrilled about Rih's upcoming performance. "We could not be more excited to officially announce one of pop music's biggest stars to open the celebration at the AMAs," AMA producer Larry Klein said in a . "Be sure to tune in so you don't miss this surely memorable moment."

In addition to being the show's opener, Rihanna is also nominated for Favorite Female Artist along with Alicia Keys and Sade. Other big performers include Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Ke$ha, Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus, the Backstreet Boys, New Kids on the Block and Christina Aguilera, who'll perform a number from her upcoming movie, "Burlesque."

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1652721/20101119/rihanna.jhtml

I really hope she doesn't perform 'Cheers'. That song is so blah to me.

with 9 minutes and an opening spot cheers wouldnt really seem like the hot thing to do to open. She almost has to do a medley obviously. But cheers is too chill and slow for an opening don't you think? She needs something dramatic and peppy i would think to get people excited. She will have to rely on a unique set I would think since she cant dance, to provide something to look at.

Id say she should do something with Only girl it still has the chance to hit number 1, maybe some S&M something freaky with S&M could get people talking and she doesnt necessarily have to dance just slut it up some.