The Grammys 2011

Utopia

Yeah, they were. I did love when she slowed it down and played the organ though, that was cool.

At all. And you know, I live for pop music, but the hook just doesn't stick for me. I think the message of the song is fantastic - my problem with it is strictly musical. It sounds like a commercial to me.

Oh, wow, I totally agree.

"Commercial." That's priceless and perfect. I know exactly what you mean.

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She has a strong voice, and her passion is what blows you away. She left her heart on that stage :blush: Paws up (''') (''') :wub:

I guess that's true. She has soul/emotion.

I'm starting to think she's not the musical visionary many people predicted she would be, though. Like "Poker Face," "LoveGame" and "Bad Romance" were flukes. "Born This Way" is just a TFM retread (ignoring the obvious Madonna similarities). If the rest of the album doesn't show growth then I think she's gonna drop off quickly after this era.

Yeah, that's really the only similarity I hear (mostly like EY in the chorus). I appreciate that she went somewhere else, I really just don't like the song. A lot of that is of course down to my own expectations. I'd never write her off though. Or any other artist in this position. If the music is tight, I'm with you. If it's not but it's proven strong in the past, I'm still with you. If I weren't this way I would've bailed after she released 'Eh Eh'. :rolleyes::lol:

I still can't wait to get the album though.

It's interesting the biggest criticism I've seen all over is 'OMG IT SOUNDS LIKE EXPRESS YOURSELF' but not saying they didn't like the song, so it's new to hear that you just flat out don't like it and it has nothing to do with what other song it may or may not sound like. So that's kind of slightly upsetting to my little mons†er heart tbh -_-

The album is 17 tracks so I'm sure there will be at least a few gems on there. And hopefully other songs will benefit from not having to be "anthem"

I guess that's true. She has soul/emotion.

I'm starting to think she's not the musical visionary many people predicted she would be, though. Like "Poker Face," "LoveGame" and "Bad Romance" were flukes. "Born This Way" is just a TFM retread (ignoring the obvious Madonna similarities). If the rest of the album doesn't show growth then I think she's gonna drop off quickly after this era.

It sounds nothing like Fame Monster or anything she's ever done :unsure:

It sounds nothing like Fame Monster or anything she's ever done :unsure:

Gaga showing up in that egg made my night. Not the fact that she actually did it, it was because the whole thing was soooo ridiculous and she had people mad as hell calling her an attention whore and such. Job well done Gaga. :asham:

Gaga showing up in that egg made my night. Not the fact that she actually did it, it was because the whole thing was soooo ridiculous and she had people mad as hell calling her an attention whore and such. Job well done Gaga. :asham:

it was hilarious :lol:

yes. at first i was like 'blah', then i start hearing peoples reaction and how outraged people were...lol...i loved it.

anywho, not feeling the song...hopefully the video will make me like it a lil bit.

I hope the vid is nothing short of genius -_-

I hope the vid is nothing short of genius -_-

i hope so too. its been a minute since a video has really excited me, i was hoping Rihanna would do it with her S&M, but that didnt happen. im actually looking forward to seeing Britneys video. :ph34r: i dislike her song as well tho. :sigh:

i hope so too. its been a minute since a video has really excited me, i was hoping Rihanna would do it with her S&M, but that didnt happen. im actually looking forward to seeing Britneys video. :ph34r: i dislike her song as well tho. :sigh:

Britney's looks interesting, let's see how well she dances since they've been hyping that up a lot.

Gaga usually never disappoints with a video even if it's not what you're expecting. Well, she never disappoints me because I'll find a reason to like it :filenails:

Britney's looks interesting, let's see how well she dances since they've been hyping that up a lot.

Gaga usually never disappoints with a video even if it's not what you're expecting. Well, she never disappoints me because I'll find a reason to like it :filenails:

her dancing will probably be crappy, im just excited that she is working with Jonas, always loved his work.

i just hope its more bizarre and disturbing rather than something polished and glamorous, thats how i like my Gaga served. u know something :crazy:

It has elements of DITD, mostly the scratches and glitchy type sound.

The talking parts... the various samples interloped throughout... it's distinctly different from her RedOne sound, but it's TOO similar to DITD to sound fresh IMO.

It's not growing on me either so I'm just gonna wait for the album. I loved 'The Fame' so much.

I hope you are joking I just thought the pic with her in Rihanna was just a bad shot Beyonce look like she just had some work done and she's still healing

she just needs some sun, bitch has always been pale like that. i know that weave aint helping matters either.

her dancing will probably be crappy, im just excited that she is working with Jonas, always loved his work.

i just hope its more bizarre and disturbing rather than something polished and glamorous, thats how i like my Gaga served. u know something :crazy:

lol :lol:

oh, I think we can count on it being bizarre. Look at the single cover and how they're promoting the album:

btwposter.png

Archived