The Grammys 2011

Utopia

• Replies 624
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked her performance, but I wasn't blown away at all. -_-

I like that it was simple and she sang her face off, vocals were amazing during the "gay straight or bi" part.

Really love how she was wearing the prosthetics from the single cover on her face and shoulders, and if you notice her shoes were also meant to look like they were part of her skin.

I like that it was simple and she sang her face off, vocals were amazing during the "gay straight or bi" part.

Really love how she was wearing the prosthetics from the single cover on her face and shoulders, and if you notice her shoes were also meant to look like they were part of her skin.

That's what I said too. I loved that it was driven by her talent and not theatrics.

I don't know Rocsy... I'm just not feeling this song at all. :tear:

That's what I said too. I loved that it was driven by her talent and not theatrics.

I don't know Rocsy... I'm just not feeling this song at all. :tear:

Those costumes were ugly as hell though -_- She shoulda taken hers off at the end but she even resisted that stunt.

At all though? you don't even think its catchy :unsure: we should have a chat about it.

Those costumes were ugly as hell though -_- She shoulda taken hers off at the end but she even resisted that stunt.

At all though? you don't even think its catchy :unsure: we should have a chat about it.

Yeah, they were. I did love when she slowed it down and played the organ though, that was cool.

At all. And you know, I live for pop music, but the hook just doesn't stick for me. I think the message of the song is fantastic - my problem with it is strictly musical. It sounds like a commercial to me.

Yeah, they were. I did love when she slowed it down and played the organ though, that was cool.

At all. And you know, I live for pop music, but the hook just doesn't stick for me. I think the message of the song is fantastic - my problem with it is strictly musical. It sounds like a commercial to me.

Yeah what's the tune at the beginning of it, its like a monster movie thing. This era seems more "monstrous" than Fame Monster.

In what way? I don't fault anyone for not liking it or being let down. My thing was I couldn't get past how familiar it sounded, but thought it was instantly catchy. And now I'm obsessed :blush: I know, take a moment to collect yourself from the shock -_-

But she doesn't have the kind of voice that can really blow you away. It's really nice, but it's not a Beyonce voice. I wanted more from her tonight. The song is just too bland.

But she doesn't have the kind of voice that can really blow you away. It's really nice, but it's not a Beyonce voice. I wanted more from her tonight. The song is just too bland.

She has a strong voice, and her passion is what blows you away. She left her heart on that stage :blush: Paws up (''') (''') :wub:

Yeah what's the tune at the beginning of it, its like a monster movie thing. This era seems more "monstrous" than Fame Monster.

In what way? I don't fault anyone for not liking it or being let down. My thing was I couldn't get past how familiar it sounded, but thought it was instantly catchy. And now I'm obsessed :blush: I know, take a moment to collect yourself from the shock -_-

See that's the other thing, it doesn't sound that familiar to me. I can definitely see the comparisons to 'Express Yourself', but other than that it's just a run-of-the-mill pop/dance track. I so miss the stomping grandeur of 'Bad Romance' and 'Poker Face'. I didn't want her to re-hash those, rather build on them and take us somewhere further with this new song. This feels like a giant step backwards (musically). I have no desire to play it again.

I've been anticipating your reaction. I even made a thread asking where you were. :lol:

See that's the other thing, it doesn't sound that familiar to me. I can definitely see the comparisons to 'Express Yourself', but other than that it's just a run-of-the-mill pop/dance track. I so miss the stomping grandeur of 'Bad Romance' and 'Poker Face'. I didn't want her to re-hash those, rather build on them and take us somewhere further with this new song. This feels like a giant step backwards (musically). I have no desire to play it again.

I've been anticipating your reaction. I even made a thread asking where you were. :lol:

Really? It sounds like a lot of different songs to me, least of all Express Yourself though, the cowbell at the end is what really minds of EY. Anyway yeah its nothing like those songs and feels like something totally different, but I like that. It's like she didn't even try to top Bad Romance just went in a completely different direction. But it's got some interesting production, her vocals are great and I'm just in love with the spirit of it. I was blasting this walking in the streets and just felt like a new man :blush:

:lol: It's been interesting to see everyone's reaction, I'm glad it's been such a huge success for her. I really hope she outdoes herself with the video.

She's officially my Jesus -_-

Really? It sounds like a lot of different songs to me, least of all Express Yourself though, the cowbell at the end is what really minds of EY. Anyway yeah its nothing like those songs and feels like something totally different, but I like that. It's like she didn't even try to top Bad Romance just went in a completely different direction. But it's got some interesting production, her vocals are great and I'm just in love with the spirit of it. I was blasting this walking in the streets and just felt like a new man :blush:

:lol: It's been interesting to see everyone's reaction, I'm glad it's been such a huge success for her. I really hope she outdoes herself with the video.

She's officially my Jesus -_-

Yeah, that's really the only similarity I hear (mostly like EY in the chorus). I appreciate that she went somewhere else, I really just don't like the song. A lot of that is of course down to my own expectations. I'd never write her off though. Or any other artist in this position. If the music is tight, I'm with you. If it's not but it's proven strong in the past, I'm still with you. If I weren't this way I would've bailed after she released 'Eh Eh'. :rolleyes::lol:

I still can't wait to get the album though.

Archived