Guess what popstar made 750 mill last year and didn't have to sing 1 note

Dee

Jessica Simpson :filenails:

hile everyone else was trying to get the goods on Jessica Simpson's dress size, the 30-year-old star was steadily building a profitable fashion line of her own. According to New York magazine, Simpson took in around $750 million in sales last year for her wide array of fashion merchandise, which includes shoes, dresses, denim and coats.

Add in a career separates line and a full ready-to-wear collection, which she plans to offer this year, and that total is expected to grow past the $1 billion mark. Last December, she was crowned "fashion's billion dollar baby" by industry publication Women's Wear Daily.

To give the number some context, New York says, that means Simpson’s nearly playing in the same sales league as Michael Kors – a reality that takes the 30-year-old by surprise.

“I never thought I’d be some fashion mogul!” she told the magazine, and maybe that's because she aimed to keep things simple.

“We try not to set trends, but you need your trending pieces in every delivery. But those go fast: What you really need is your basics for every type of person," Simpson explained. "When it comes to other celebrity brands, I think a lot of people do a great job, but it can’t be all about them. Everybody doesn’t want to just look like the celebrity, because they can’t. They just want one element of that style.”

Plus, her stuff is pretty affordable. Simpson's contemporary sportswear line that's due out this fall, for example, is expected to have a price range of $39 to $129.

"A girl could go to the shopping mall with her mother and she’d have a great new outfit and still have some money left for lunch at McDonald’s," her business manager David Levin told New York of the collection's concept. "She can look like Jessica Simpson, smell like Jessica Simpson, and she can afford it.”

Jessica Simpson :filenails:

We try not to set trends, but you need your trending pieces in every delivery. But those go fast: What you really need is your basics for every type of person," Simpson explained. "When it comes to other celebrity brands, I think a lot of people do a great job, but it can’t be all about them. Everybody doesn’t want to just look like the celebrity, because they can’t. They just want one element of that style.”

Translation: We copy what's already out there and working and we put Jessica's name "ownit". :cheer:

Im inclined to believe this is no different then Beyonce line of clothing after you pay the designers, the manufacturers the distribution, the line itself may have made that but her take home was not that, just like TLC gave us a VH1 lesson on how you can make a shitload and still be broke, after paying the attorneys, the agents, the record company, the crew you got about 2 dollars and a bridgecard left :filenails:

Im inclined to believe this is no different then Beyonce line of clothing after you pay the designers, the manufacturers the distribution, the line itself may have made that but her take home was not that, just like TLC gave us a VH1 lesson on how you can make a shitload and still be broke, after paying the attorneys, the agents, the record company, the crew you got about 2 dollars and a bridgecard left :filenails:

Right...I wanna know how much she actually took HOME.

This was reported as untrue late last year. Jessica sold the master license to her clothing brand — the right to market her name worldwide — to fashion brand developer the Camuto Group in 2005 for a reported $15 million. While she earns royalties on top of that advance, she’s nowhere near a billionaire. Forbes estimated her earnings last year were more like $20 million.

This was reported as untrue late last year. Jessica sold the master license to her clothing brand — the right to market her name worldwide — to fashion brand developer the Camuto Group in 2005 for a reported $15 million. While she earns royalties on top of that advance, she’s nowhere near a billionaire. Forbes estimated her earnings last year were more like $20 million.

I think they are calculating the total value revenue her name (the brand) generates. :unsure: Kinda like how Oprah is a billionaire, but doesn't have necessarily a billion dollars in the bank.

i dont care about her i was asking for a link to the info he just fed me

Ever thought that Jessica Simpson could one day show up on the Forbes 400 billionaire? This is a distant possibility for the singer/actress, but Jessica Simpson, Inc. is on its way. The Texas born siren no doubt has the number one key to success under her belt, surround yourself with competent people.

Jessica Simpson not only is the face and brand that has risen to top music charts, but has also sold over $750 million dollars worth of brand merchandise from fashion to fragrance superceding Jennifer Lopez and other top celebrity brands.

Her name is wildy popular in footwear and her clothing line targets the young and hip to the sexy and smart. Her Fall 2011 sportswear arrival will be sure to make a hit in junior departments, to include jackets, dresses, and knits all priced affordably under $150.

“Her celebrity has created a brand that is more sustainable than many others,” said Jack Gross, CEO of jeanswear for The Jones Group, which licenses Simpson’s denim collection.

But while Jessica Simpson can be credited with her well-timed and well-executed rise to merchandising moguldom, she does not own the master license to her apparel and clothing brand due to selling it off to the Camuto Group in 2005, for a reported $15 million. Camuto, is also responsible for manufacturing and marketing the BCBG Max Azaria, Tory Burch and Nicole Miller labels. Jessica Simpson will make royalties on top of the $15 million.

Having learned her lesson with ex-husband Nick Lachey, Simpson’s new wedding

to Eric Johnson will no doubt have a prenup associated with the wedding bells.

http://www.enews-press.com/article/1691017/more/jessa-simpson-inc-projected-to-be-1-billion-company

I knew better :filenails:

Archived