Nelly Furtado Plans To Donate $1 Million From Gaddafi Performance To Charity

lexus97

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/02/28/nelly-furtado-plans-to-do_n_829270.html

do you think the others will follow her lead...Beyonce ,mariah, Usher???? :unsure:

Nelly Furtado is just one of many stars who were paid handsomely to perform for Libya leader Moammar Gaddafi in recent years, but the singer is now reportedly planning to donate that money in light of that nation's uprising.

Furtado volunteered information about her upcoming donation on her official Twitter account. "In 2007, I received 1million$ from the Qaddafi clan to perform a 45 min Show for guests at a hotel in Italy," she wrote. "I am going to donate the $."

As Rolling Stone is reporting, several artists have accepted massive sums of money to perform for Gaddafi and his family in recent years. In 2008, R & B stars Beyoncé and Usher are said to have performed at a New Year's Eve party for Gaddafi's son Muatassim -- Libya's national security adviser -- on the Caribbean island of St. Barts, while veteran pop diva Mariah Carey accepted $1 million to sing at a previous New Year's bash. In 2005, 50 Cent gave a performance before Muatassim at a film festival.

Music industry experts say the pressure is high for other artists who performed for Gaddafi to follow suit. "When I saw Beyoncé and Usher and whoever else was out partying with these Libyan criminals...these are people who have stolen tens of billions of dollars from their nation...for very, very wealthy American and British pop stars to take part in this kind of thing makes me want to puke," Howie Klein, former president of Reprise Records, tells Rolling Stone. But Dennis Arfa, an agent for Metallica, Billy Joel and Rod Stewart, felt differently. "Not every artist is a humanitarian," he said. "In more cases than not, for people, greed rules."

ouch :& :ph34r:

She shouldn't give back shit...her ass knew who was paying her when she got the damn money...she never heard of Gaddafi before he hired her??? chile please...money talks, bullshit walks...the money spoke to her ass and she took it knowing damn well who she was taking it from...where the fuck is the integrity in that??? get all the way the fuck out of here...all that's happening now is that she doesn't want to hurt her future earnings...what's the difference between donating the money and her paying her personal bills with the damn money??? reminds me of what a pastor told me once..."take satan's money and do God's work."....chile please...and ya'll in here falling for the fuckin okie doke

I would keep my money...What about all the money the USA has made off the backs of slavery. Isn't that blood money too?

well the slaves really didnt have a choice and the slavemasters well they were just that. these artsist i guess do have a choice to perform or not <_<

well the slaves really didnt have a choice and the slavemasters well they were just that. these artsist i guess do have a choice to perform or not <_<

every last powerful nation on earth got there with blood money...i'd tell them to go fuck themselves mightily, but she can't cuz she doesn't want to ruin her future earnings...integrity my ass...it's all about the damn money...she knew who Gaddafi was when she took the fuckin money...this pseudo integrity is worst than having none at all...so fuck her too

every last powerful nation on earth got there with blood money...i'd tell them to go fuck themselves mightily, but she can't cuz she doesn't want to ruin her future earnings...integrity my ass...it's all about the damn money...she knew who Gaddafi was when she took the fuckin money...this pseudo integrity is worst than having none at all...so fuck her too

its all politics so to speak. her people probably told her to do this. now she trying to clean it up your right :thumbup:

I have to agree with you entirely. She kept that money in her bank account, so will she donate the interest also ? How can anybody take money from a man that won't even take of his own people. He's been funding civil wars in Africa for decades.... what's worst is that it's not like any of these artist ever really needed the money. People are so full of shit

Archived