YES! IT'S HERE IT'S HERE IT'S HERE!

EphraimAdamz

How do you get all these people to participate in your projects? lol

I know from experience, that's half..if not most of the battle when you're doing something independent.

Well most of the girls I dated. Everything else I just talk a good game lol. I've been very blessed.

And the white folks, I just don't tell them I'm black until they meet me :excited:

Well most of the girls I dated. Everything else I just talk a good game lol. I've been very blessed.

And the white folks, I just don't tell them I'm black until they meet me :excited:

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's one way to get the job done. lol

Still not easy though, especially when no one is getting paid (I'm assuming no one is getting paid). People can be so fickle with stuff like that...they'll commit until it's actually time to do something, and then you get excuses.

:lol: :lol: :lol: That's one way to get the job done. lol

Still not easy though, especially when no one is getting paid (I'm assuming no one is getting paid). People can be so fickle with stuff like that...they'll commit until it's actually time to do something, and then you get excuses.

Yes! The biggest thing for me was to get something completed thats worth showing. Thats why im so excited about Safe Haven cause now I can use this to instill faith in folks. Although my next film im sticking to a MUCH smaller cast. But hopefully people will show up to shoots on time, ect. :umm:

And I'm really serious about the white folks though :lol: It's sad but true. I do a lot of online casting and I send them links to my work, but when they meet it's like "Oh... your a 24 year old black guy?". Everyone expects me to be making ghetto tom gangster gun movies :sigh:

Yes! The biggest thing for me was to get something completed thats worth showing. Thats why im so excited about Safe Haven cause now I can use this to instill faith in folks. Although my next film im sticking to a MUCH smaller cast. But hopefully people will show up to shoots on time, ect. :umm:

And I'm really serious about the white folks though :lol: It's sad but true. I do a lot of online casting and I send them links to my work, but when they meet it's like "Oh... your a 24 year old black guy?". Everyone expects me to be making ghetto tom gangster gun movies :sigh:

A smaller cast is definitely where it's at. :lol: I never made a film with a large cast, but I have done a few plays...getting people to show up is a BITCH! ...and then you have to worry about lines, because usually no one knows them. lol

How long does it usually take you to put together a project... I mean casting, finding locations, that type of stuff. What type of incentives do you offer? Besides a copy of the completed work and a few meals from Mcdonalds? lol

A smaller cast is definitely where it's at. :lol: I never made a film with a large cast, but I have done a few plays...getting people to show up is a BITCH! ...and then you have to worry about lines, because usually no one knows them. lol

How long does it usually take you to put together a project... I mean casting, finding locations, that type of stuff. What type of incentives do you offer? Besides a copy of the completed work and a few meals from Mcdonalds? lol

Well for large roles I do two casting calls, but I advertise them at least 2 months in advance (That brings about 30 people each casting call).

The first casting call I put out is for "All Types" even though I know I'm really looking for specifics, this is just to create buzz >_< This way word spreads that there's a movie being made and the REAL actors show up to the following casting call.

Usually when writing, I think of places that will most likely be available to me. With this movie, since it's zombies, I knew a lot of it would have to take place outside. But guess what? The world ain't exactly apacolyptic at the moment and I don't have money to block off Main Street so I made most of the story take place out in the woods :lol: If it's a house, or restaurant, or office, you can usually ask a friend or a business owner to tape without problem.

Safe Haven took about 20 days to make, but that 20 days was over a span of 4 months. Mostly due to there being a cast of 20 people..... and that's 20 people all with a life and with their own schedules. Which is why I'm cutting down to about 10 people for my next project. The movie honestly could of been shot in 3 weeks if no one had school, work, ect.

Oh and I offer food, copy of work, and I tell them my goals for the project. Film festivals, theatre rentals, touring, ect. I also air it on all the public access (which is free) channels and we're doing a spanish dubbed version for the spanish channel too. So basically I offer them some sort of exposure than just YouTube

Oh and I offer food, copy of work, and I tell them my goals for the project. Film festivals, theatre rentals, touring, ect. I also air it on all the public access (which is free) channels and we're doing a spanish dubbed version for the spanish channel too. So basically I offer them some sort of exposure than just YouTube

nelly nd ashanti cant seem to find work you should contact both of them:excited: