The Mariah Carey thread

RedSimba

So it looks like this is the track list as per her official site. All the #1's + the new song.

1. “Vision of Love” (4 weeks, 1990)

2. “Love Takes Time” (3 weeks, 1990)

3. “Someday” (MTV Unplugged version) (2 weeks, 1991)

4. “I Don’t Wanna Cry” (2 weeks, 1991)

5. “Emotions” (3 weeks, 1991)

6. “I’ll Be There” (featuring Trey Lorenz) (2 weeks, 1992)

7. “Dreamlover” (8 weeks, 1993)

8. “Hero” (4 weeks, 1993)

9. “Fantasy” (Bad Boy Fantasy version) (8 weeks, 1995)

10. “One Sweet Day” (featuring Boyz II Men) (16 weeks,1995-1996)

11. “Always Be My Baby” (2 weeks, 1996)

12. “Honey” (3 weeks, 1997)

13. “My All” (1 week, 1998)

14. “Heartbreaker” (featuring Jay-Z) (2 weeks, 1999)

15. “Thank God I Found You” (featuring Joe & 98 Degrees) (1 week, 2000)

16. “We Belong Together” (14 weeks, 2005)

17. “Don’t Forget About Us” (2 weeks, 2005)

18. “Touch My Body” (2 weeks, 2008)

19. “Infinity” (2015)

Will Release on May 18, 2015 - See more at: http://mariahcarey.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/Store.woa/wa/product?sourceCode=MCAPREWWUSD&sku=MCABN012#sthash.UyvyLyn6.dpuf

Sure some demos and unreleased songs would've been epic, so I kinda get other fans' disappointment, but I'm personally satisfied. We already got an album last year so I'm grateful we're even getting one new song. The Beatles had NO new songs on their #1's album. MJ's only had 1 new song too, so she's in great company. B) Now to the track list... ^_^

* The Unplugged version of "Someday" is an unusual but interesting choice (random: This version was also used on the #1's DVD :P). She never really liked that song. Wish it could've been the New Jackswing 7"

* I expected the Fantasy remix. She stans for ODB! :lol: Actually the Bad Boy Fantasy version is a pretty good compromise ~ it's the Bad Boy Remix and it maintains the pop chorus.

* One other version I would've preferred is the Make It Last remix of "Thank God I Found You." Not only do I love it more but it also showcases her talent as a remix artist. I bet she wanted that version too but Sony said no.

Overall, it's a solid collection! :D I'm also glad it's sequenced in chronological order rather than in reverse like the original lol.

I'm not too pleased either actually, tho ofcourse since there was a album last year that was good, I get, but #1's came a year after Butterfly, and she was workin overtime for Butterfly, I feel like there had to be some unreleased tracks from this era or any she could throw on & call new lol. But she set this up with the original #1's having what 4-5 new songs on it

I too wish she choose the New jack remix for Someday, her hate of that song & video annoys me & my love for both, but I get it/understand, but still  :rolleyes: #Whatevs.

And I prefer the BadBoy remix to the ODB 1 because of the chorus actually lol, like that's what annoys me about the ODB 1 is when they don't play his part or I don't pick up the different instrumental I can look a square fool on that chorus if I'm mouthing or singing aloud  :asham:

And you sure as hell didn't lie about that Thank God I Found You remix, DEFINITELY and DESERVINGLY her most forgettable #1 in my opinion, I remember it when it was new and I only really started actually liking it 2 years ago lol, but.........that remix is something special, something real and perfect. I prefer her & Joe's "Make It Last Forever" MILES over Keith Sweats version, I can never say that enough, and lightyears over the original Thank God I Found You. I think she should perform that version with Lorenz instead of the original.

I'm not too pleased either actually, tho ofcourse since there was a album last year that was good, I get, but #1's came a year after Butterfly, and she was workin overtime for Butterfly, I feel like there had to be some unreleased tracks from this era or any she could throw on & call new lol. But she set this up with the original #1's having what 4-5 new songs on it

I too wish she choose the New jack remix for Someday, her hate of that song & video annoys me & my love for both, but I get it/understand, but still  :rolleyes: #Whatevs.

And I prefer the BadBoy remix to the ODB 1 because of the chorus actually lol, like that's what annoys me about the ODB 1 is when they don't play his part or I don't pick up the different instrumental I can look a square fool on that chorus if I'm mouthing or singing aloud  :asham:

Chile she has a secret vault somewhere for sure. There's A LOT of leftovers especially from Glitter and Charmbracelet aka the messy years which I know some won't want because they hate Charmbracelet but they exist lol. She has the songs with Prince too.

I secretly hope her demo tape is still in tact somewhere so she can release that one day in the future. In fact I hope someone leaks it. Let me go find Tommy. She has songs on that that didn't make the debut. And songs registered that weren't released too - whether they were recorded I don't know. 

I'm glad she didn't pay the good sis I Don't Wanna Cry dust. 

• Upvote 1

Chile she has a secret vault somewhere for sure. There's A LOT of leftovers especially from Glitter and Charmbracelet aka the messy years which I know some won't want because they hate Charmbracelet but they exist lol. She has the songs with Prince too.

I secretly hope her demo tape is still in tact somewhere so she can release that one day in the future. In fact I hope someone leaks it. Let me go find Tommy. She has songs on that that didn't make the debut. And songs registered that weren't released too - whether they were recorded I don't know. 

I'm glad she didn't pay the good sis I Don't Wanna Cry dust. 

RIGHT, I KNOW HER VAULT IS RIDIC, like living all these years with a in house studio, she's the type of artist to where I KNOW her ass is in there if she's home lol, and YES I'm curious about the unreleased Glitter & Charmbracelet tracks, because tho Glitter is honestly my undisputed personal fave post 2000 album of hers, CB is as we all know my least non sequel Christmas album of hers, but I'm interested in "why did that song make it but this 1 didn't" like I play with Damita Jo lol tho I love that album to pieces lol.

I WANT ALLLLLLLLLL HER TEEN DEMOS, Weakness of the body is a fave of mine from her, and I want more of young MC vocals with 80's beats! (which explains my love for her I didn't mean to turn you on, fuck what anybody says, her most underrated slept on dance song & cover of her released discog). BUT YES if I ever meet her & have time for a lil convo, best believe the demo conversation will happen lol

Damn right

Yeah ideally I wish she pulled something like MJ's HIStory (1st disc: #1's, 2nd disc: new songs, demos, and other unreleased bonuses) at least as a deluxe edition for the fans. I just figured since they're promoting the residency, the #1 songs would be the focus. But I definitely wanna hear it all from "Do You Ever Wonder" to "Kick Rocks" lol

• 2 weeks later...

There's literally no end to infinity

I haven't bothered listening to the song. No surprise only you three "reviewed" it

Nor to ha career :shifty:

:rolleyes:. You should, at least to drag it honestly rather than on assumption :coffee:

you're trying to get me in trouble

You know I like the trouble makers :shifty:

No in all honesty you probably won't like it. It's no #Beautiful but it's better than TAOLG and You're Mine. The lyrics are catchy as fuck.

• Upvote 1

No comment :)

:umm:

She did. It's called Fading. Even Cry >>>. TAOLG is not hot. It's not even cute. <_<

Yea cute is what I call thos songs (that I often forget about which says plenty about their impact to me) but the art of letting go don't have to be "hot" or "cute" (I guess it should've been to be a single) because the truth aint always hot or cute,and that song is the truth and you'll just have to deal with me knowing that dear. :coffee:

:umm:

Yea cute is what I call thos songs (that I often forget about which says plenty about their impact to me) but the art of letting go don't have to be "hot" or "cute" (I guess it should've been to be a single) because the truth aint always hot or cute,and that song is the truth and you'll just have to deal with me knowing that dear. :coffee:

Is this sassiness I'm detecting? Are you being sassy with Bu(ssy)?

• Upvote 1