The Mariah Carey thread

RedSimba

MARIAH is assembling a whole new management team ahead of what she hopes will be a career comeback.

She has now hired the Chamber Group’s Chris Chambers, whose clients have included Drake, Lil Wayne and Quvenzhané Wallis.

Carey has also hired TV producers/managers Stella Bulochnikov and Brian Sher to represent her after severing ties in August with her former manager Jermaine Dupri.

“Mariah is creating a whole new team around her,” an insider said. “New life, new relationships, new label, new management, new publicist, new residency, new, well, everything.”

Earlier this year, Carey exited Universal Music Group to sign a new deal with L.A. Reid and Sony’s Epic Records, which reunited her with the execs who oversaw her previous comeback album, 2005’s “The Emancipation of Mimi".

Sources said Carey’s “more focused” as she starts rehearsals for Vegas next week. “Mariah’s done a lot of soul-searching . . . and when she went into the studio to start work on her new album, she felt more happy and free than she ever had and realized she wanted a fresh start.” She’s also reportedly working on a Christmas movie with her pal Brett Ratner.

Source:http://pagesix.com/2015/04/08/mariah...nagement-team/

plays "Meteorite"

anyway I hope she pulls it together, she's a living legend in her own right, and I would like to see good things for her going forward, I think the last album just wasn't made with an idea of what works well for her at this point in her career.

Twitter rumor says she has a song called "Infinity" and will release 4/27

The name, of course, describes her wait time for a #1 Hot 100 single

Well it's not like she needs anymore since she already has 18.

She got rid of Cindy who has been with her for very long. Jermaine is out. New movie, album and single coming. I wonder what the fuck she has planned. :cry:

Cindy was terrible though, wasn't she? She literally came in during the Glitter era :lmao:

• Upvote 1

The songs I'm most excited about are TGIFY, "Someday" and "Love takes time" and "I don't wanna cry". Everything else she's pretty much performed several times over the last couple years or are staples in her setlist.

I've always said she needs to do a small intimitate tour for the fans where she performs all the unreased fan favs.

I'm don't wanna die before her hearing her perform songs like "Outside", "Vanishing", "Melt away", "I Am Free", "All I've ever wanted", "Till the end of time", etc. The last time she performed "Vanishing" was in 1901. :cry:

• Upvote 1

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy about her cleaning house, this needed to happen years ago, and I hope along with the new staff she adopts a new look, if she came out here with a new look & style we haven't seen from her, that would be EVERYTHING. She's on the right path at last! Bye Dupri! And no more formulaic We Belong Together sequels!

mariah-carey-no1-album-art-billboard-650

The greatest hits collection coincides with the launch of the singer's Las Vegas residency, kicking off May 6.

Mariah Carey has revealed the artwork to her new album, a collection of greatest hits to coincide with the launch of a Las Vegas residency on May 6 at The Colosseum at Caesars Palace (no release date has been given and a track list has yet to be announced).

The singer launched a social campaign with the hashtag #RevealMariah early on April 12 which encouraged fans to click over to mariahcarey.com where they were then prompted to share news of the reveal in order to expedite the lift of a curtain over the final image.

Titled #1 To Infinity, the album is her first for Sony Music's Epic Records, with whom she signed last month. As previously reported by Billboard, the new contract reunites Carey with Epic Records chairman Antonio "L.A." Reid, who helmed her multi-platinum 2005 comeback album, The Emancipation of Mimi, while running Island Def Jam.

The news also arrives days after Mariah Carey announced that she and longtime publicist Cindi Berger have split. On April 9, the singer also confirmed to Billboardthat she has new management, TV producers Brian Sher and Stella Bulochnikov.