The Mariah Carey thread

RedSimba

Oh there will be rappers!!!

As far as your first statement.. No lies told. No artist should go back and "remake" their hits. It diminishes the value of the song and its legacy.. The youth would have to hear a 2016 version of Dreamlover featuring 2016 Mariah Carey

Ugh, especially if this involves JD, I'll go blue in the face saying for the millionth time HE CAN'T DO ANYTHING FOR HER ANYMORE CUT HIM LOOSE, LET HIM GOOOOO he aint giving you another We Belong Together, he don't have it in him anymore. Go to somebody new.....Im sorry I was just having a moment, her loyalty to him annoys me...I can go on for hours.

I agree, it's 1 of my least favorite things a artist can do, I do accept it when they appear on the remake/sample of someone else doing the song Ala Carley Simon & Son of a gun, that was perfect, that kind of thing I think is cool, but if she were to remake You're So Vein and feature Janet on it.........no thank you. So I'd accept this if the songs were re-arranged (tho that has the potential to be bad too), that's better than a attempt of re-singing it the classic way but doing different (lessor, in the Hero remakes case) vocal tones.

If she's gonna remake her hits then thank god Can't Let Go didn't #1  :filenails:

:lmao:  And I know that's right

:asham: at the audience cheering 

I get why people purchase tickets to see her... It's a rollercoaster performance, to say the least [noshade].. but I kinda got warm inside after seeing her hit a note correctly 

Her televised performances lately have been the problem. In concerts and intimate venues like this, she's usually spot on!

Could someone provide me with a comprehensive list of Rare, B-Sides and Unreleased (but leaked) Mariah songs? It's for a rate I'm going to do on ATRL. I don't have iTunes handy but from the top of my head I've got:

Do You Think Of Me

Slipping Away

There For Me

Héroe

Misty Moon

There Goes My Heart

Got A Thing For You (Ft Da Brat & Elephant Man)

Right To Dream

When I Feel It

Imperfect

Skydiving

Bring It On Home

I'm somewhat tempted to add bonus tracks.

Off the top of my head...

Weakness of the Body

Help Me Make It Through the Night

Are you counting bonus tracks? I guess I consider anything not on the standard edition "rare." I'll list them anyway lol...

Everything Fades Away (which was only a b-side in the states)

God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen

Do You Know Where You're Going To

Miss You

Sprung

Secret Love

Makin It Last All Night

Heat

4Real4Real

If Spanish versions count, there's also...

El Amor Que Sone

Mi Todo

#Hermosa

• Upvote 1

Her televised performances lately have been the problem. In concerts and intimate venues like this, she's usually spot on!

Usually? Ive seen bout as many bad moments from youtube postings of concerts as her televised ones. She has "moments" in concert where she does pull something off (barely) but to say "usually" is a strong strong word to use. A bit of a stretch

Usually? Ive seen bout as many bad moments from youtube postings of concerts as her televised ones. She has "moments" in concert where she does pull something off (barely) but to say "usually" is a strong strong word to use. A bit of a stretch

No usually is fitting. Trust me, I watch nearly ALL of her shows.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New pic!

CB2cdtVW4AANi6X.jpg

It's nice to see them putting aside their differences for the sake of dem kids. :thumbup: Divorce doesn't have to be some ugly bloodbath that it's always made out to be, but drama sells. -_-

Nice pic and it's clear they still love each other. I like how Nick has his hand on her back