'Grey's Anatomy' Musical Episode On The Way

TwistedElegance™

Raise your voice — A whole lotta singin’ in headed to the halls of Seattle Grace. On Tuesday, Grey’s Anatomy

executive producer Shonda Rhimes confirmed to TV Guide that the Emmy-winning medical drama will feature a musical episode later this season.

Famous last words?

“We’re not going to have an episode where you turn on the television and people are singing for no reason,” Rimes explained. “It has a reason, there’s a story underneath it and there’s a point to the whole thing. I’m still nervous about it, because you can do something like this and it can come out not the way you intended. I have been working on this very carefully because I want it to still be our show, but also heighten it.”

Rhimes hinted that the episode will include songs that Grey’s Anatomy has “made famous.” “You will be very surprised to discover that some people sing quite well. That’s sort of a little gift to the fans, to discover that people who are not necessarily known for singing have pretty great voices.”

Just don’t expect this to turn into an episode of Grey’s Anatomy:

“We’re not doing what anybody would call a typical musical episode. The comparisons to other musical episodes are too great, and we wanted it to be different. Nobody is going to be dancing and singing down the halls – that’s not our show. Our show is known for its music. I very much wanted to do something that was musical without being a musical.”

http://www.popcrunch.com/greys-anatomy-musical-episode/

:umm: