Random thoughts thread

RedSimba

Random Lyric Analysis Time... :P

In "We All Try," Frank Ocean proclaims "I believe our nation's flag isn't on the moon."

It's possible he may have also been metaphorical here. Putting the flag on the moon is merely symbolic, but we cannot own and control outer space as it's far greater than us. That makes sense... so it's just like Pocahontas sang "You think you own whatever land you land on; the earth is just a dead thing you can claim" from "Colors of the Wind." :P

That said, he may very well share the belief with several that we weren't on the moon, in which I'd have to part ways with him there. :lol:Well at least he's honest about his beliefs. lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hmm. just discovered this thread. Thanks Bailey :thumbup:

But some of you guys are awkward :lmao:

Though for Henri, I say design a tattoo of your own but of course have a pro do it. That's what I'm gunning for by my birthday next August. Have all 7 of the ideas drawn up and then get 4 that day and the last 3 a few months later. Probably get my piercings that first day, too.

Though for Henri, I say design a tattoo of your own but of course have a pro do it. That's what I'm gunning for by my birthday next August. Have all 7 of the ideas drawn up and then get 4 that day and the last 3 a few months later. Probably get my piercings that first day, too.

That's what I did with my first tat:

85_1133017176_821528_2482255_n.jpg

I went there and came up with the concept of it and he drew it out for me ^_^

Whoa! That is awesome!! :w00t: What part of the skin is that? lol

I've given one of my best friends the concepts of what I want done for all of mine. She is BRILLIANT as an artist. :thumbup:

My right shoulder blade. It felt good, but at a certain point it felt like I was getting carved. I'm kinda glad I've waited 2 years to think about getting another one. I enjoyed the feeling so much that if I would gotten another one instantly, I'd be covered with them now :whistle:

Cool. What kind is it?

My right shoulder blade. It felt good, but at a certain point it felt like I was getting carved. I'm kinda glad I've waited 2 years to think about getting another one. I enjoyed the feeling so much that if I would gotten another one instantly, I'd be covered with them now :whistle:

Cool. What kind is it?

Oh nice. haha. Love the pain, huh? :shifty:

Well the first 4 will be pretty big. to an extent. The first one will be on my upper back, about 8x11. The second, my lower back 5x7-ish. Then one on each of my hips, relatively the same size like 7x9. I'll be getting one on each wrist, too. It's alot packed in, especially the one on my upper back. I had to put it all in a Word doc :asham: I can send that if you'd like lol. But the first one will mostly focus on my heritage and will also feature quotes that headline an essay I wrote called "Eighteen points in Eighteen years". Eighteen quotes that have meant the most to me. Janet is on there, of course lol. The one on my lower back will be kind of sexual. Might as well play up the "bad girl/ tramp stamp" ideal, even if I won't act on the personality lol. The one on my left hip will be dedicated to my grandfathers and on my right hip will be dedicated to "The Arts". The dedications to each of my grandmothers will be on my wrists. :wub:

Oh nice. haha. Love the pain, huh? :shifty:

Well the first 4 will be pretty big. to an extent. The first one will be on my upper back, about 8x11. The second, my lower back 5x7-ish. Then one on each of my hips, relatively the same size like 7x9. I'll be getting one on each wrist, too. It's alot packed in, especially the one on my upper back. I had to put it all in a Word doc :asham: I can send that if you'd like lol. But the first one will mostly focus on my heritage and will also feature quotes that headline an essay I wrote called "Eighteen points in Eighteen years". Eighteen quotes that have meant the most to me. Janet is on there, of course lol. The one on my lower back will be kind of sexual. Might as well play up the "bad girl/ tramp stamp" ideal, even if I won't act on the personality lol. The one on my left hip will be dedicated to my grandfathers and on my right hip will be dedicated to "The Arts". The dedications to each of my grandmothers will be on my wrists. :wub:

:blush::whistle:

:excited: Sounds very cool...and might be expensive if you get them all done at once :lol:

:asham: Well you can still try for another one. Is there any music or quotes you would like a tattoo of? Or maybe the Pisces symbol? ^_^

I was thinking about getting something like this only fancier:

pisces_symbol.jpg

It's the Pisces symbol and also it's an "H" ^_^ Someone told me to get the two fish and I almost slapped him :umm: I told him it would be at least two sharks if I went down that tacky route.

I was thinking about getting something like this only fancier:

pisces_symbol.jpg

It's the Pisces symbol and also it's an "H" ^_^ Someone told me to get the two fish and I almost slapped him :umm: I told him it would be at least two sharks if I went down that tacky route.

:o That would look so cool for you! Maybe in the ocean green that's known for your sign, yet make it pop with some gold outlines and heck, why not some gold designs on the "H" itself ^_^

:lol: :lol: Yeah, that wouldn't really be a good idea as a tattoo. :asham: