Tori Amos

Kim

Why have I never gotten into her until now? :mellow: My Tales of a Librarian album came in the mail the other day and I'm absolutely in love. :wub:

I bought American Doll Posse on iTunes when it came out, but I never really appreciated it. I think I'll have to listen again. >_<

:wub: We were discussing her on here just the other week.

American Doll Posse is probably the worst album you could start with (that, and Strange Little Girls) - but that doesn't mean it's a bad album. I think Tori's story is best told from the beginning. Tales Of a Librarian didn't cover nearly enough, either. -_-

Fav tracks:

Winter

A Sorta Fairytale (and the video! :wub:)

Raspberry Swirl

Silent All These Years

Flavor

Cornflake Girl

Professional Widow

Spark

Jackie's Strength

And she does a brilliant stripped-down (almost unrecognizable) cover of R.E.M.'s 'Losing My Religion' which is sublime. :wub:

:wub: We were discussing her on here just the other week.

American Doll Posse is probably the worst album you could start with (that, and Strange Little Girls) - but that doesn't mean it's a bad album. I think Tori's story is best told from the beginning. Tales Of a Librarian didn't cover nearly enough, either. -_-

Fav tracks:

Winter

A Sorta Fairytale (and the video! :wub:)

Raspberry Swirl

Silent All These Years

Flavor

Cornflake Girl

Professional Widow

Spark

Jackie's Strength

And she does a brilliant stripped-down (almost unrecognizable) cover of R.E.M.'s 'Losing My Religion' which is sublime. :wub:

Oh, is it? :lol:

I remember I bought it cuz I loved Big Wheel and thought the concept of the album was cool. :asham:

I haven't really gotten to known all the songs on Tales yet, but I'm loving Precious Things and Silent All These Years. ^_^

I'm about to order To Venus and Back. Is that a good one?

P.S. I only ordered Tales cuz it was on sale for $5. :asham: It was the deluxe version too, so I couldn't pass up a good deal. :asham:

Oh, is it? :lol:

I remember I bought it cuz I loved Big Wheel and thought the concept of the album was cool. :asham:

I haven't really gotten to known all the songs on Tales yet, but I'm loving Precious Things and Silent All These Years. ^_^

I'm about to order To Venus and Back. Is that a good one?

P.S. I only ordered Tales cuz it was on sale for $5. :asham: It was the deluxe version too, so I couldn't pass up a good deal. :asham:

I only say it's a bad place to start because it's so deep into her discography. $5!? Damn. :umm::lol:

Please get to know 'Winter' - you'll be glad you did. And for now I highly recommend downloading 'A Sorta Fairytale' (which isn't on Tales). Actually, I'll just post a link because the song and video are incredible.

Yeah, TVAB really good. All her '90s stuff is fantastic.

I only say it's a bad place to start because it's so deep into her discography. $5!? Damn. :umm::lol:

Please get to know 'Winter' - you'll be glad you did. And for now I highly recommend downloading 'A Sorta Fairytale' (which isn't on Tales). Actually, I'll just post a link because the song and video are incredible.

Yeah, TVAB really good. All her '90s stuff is fantastic.

Yeah, and it's not a bootleg used one. lol I am not one to pass on a good deal. :lol:-_- Especially a music one. -_- Janet was $5. But that's getting off topic. :lol:

I'm listening to Winter now. It's gorgeous, and is getting me in a mood. -_-

omg That video is everything. :mellow: And what is Adrien Brody doing there? lol

Getting through her catalog is going to take some time. >_< Her albums are so long. lol

As of 2005, Amos had sold 12 million albums worldwide.

For realz? :mellow: I don't know why, but I thought she sold more than that. I mean, I know she's not very mainstream and I myself didn't get into her until recently, but I always heard of her. >_<

Yeah, and it's not a bootleg used one. lol I am not one to pass on a good deal. :lol:-_- Especially a music one. -_- Janet was $5. But that's getting off topic. :lol:

I'm listening to Winter now. It's gorgeous, and is getting me in a mood. -_-

omg That video is everything. :mellow: And what is Adrien Brody doing there? lol

Getting through her catalog is going to take some time. >_< Her albums are so long. lol

:lol:

:wub:

:blush:

-_-

As of 2005, Amos had sold 12 million albums worldwide.

For realz? :mellow: I don't know why, but I thought she sold more than that. I mean, I know she's not very mainstream and I myself didn't get into her until recently, but I always heard of her. >_<

Yeah, that figure seems surprisingly low. I would've thought she'd sold that much in the '90s alone.

Archived