Janet in the club

EphraimAdamz

Now I'm not trying to be mean... but we all know that Janet's music is rarely played in the club these days. When I say clubs... I mean your typical drunk college night club, with fake ID's, and white girls typically doing way too much.

As a DJ, I try my best to sneak a Janet Jackson track in there from time to time. I usually play a Janet song after I drop a MJ song. Because Michael is almost always ok to play, transitioning into a Janet song reminds them of how great she is too.

Overall I like to keep Janet current...

So Excited

Feedback

Make Me

When I drop my reggae set I throw in All Nite feat Elephant Man. This usually gets coochies popping.

If I do a throw back, it's almost always gonna be Together Again, or a feature ("What's It Gonna Be", "Luv Me Luv Me".

Thoughts? When is the last time you heard Janet at the club?

It's true that she's not played often, although I have been lucky, having heard 'make me' a few weeks ago, I've heard 'feedback' and I heard 'all nite' in 08. I rarely go clubbing soooo...

Clubs are so snobby, what could possibly be wrong with playing some Janet...I don't understand people these days. Janet is suppose to be the bad bitch! The cool girl! Yet they keep given more love these days to a these nanncy camp performers like gaga and britney.

This Body, So Excited, All Night, Feedback are typically in rotation. All other songs gotta mix in depending on the weekend. like 4th of july i was able to get in go deep remix, thats the way love goes, and if with no problem. but on a regular night playin those songs not so much unless its like a wedding or house party or something

This Body, So Excited, All Night, Feedback are typically in rotation. All other songs gotta mix in depending on the weekend. like 4th of july i was able to get in go deep remix, thats the way love goes, and if with no problem. but on a regular night playin those songs not so much unless its like a wedding or house party or something

The only time I ever play slow Janet songs are during a lounge or a happy hour. With everyone's music being so loud and fast in the club these days... it feels almost out of place to drop any classic rnb <_<

Archived