HIV prevention pill?

Bailey

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504763_162-20079430-10391704.html

Two studies reported HIV pills could stop the spread of the disease in straight couples. Now, AIDS experts around the world are reacting with excitement over the groundbreaking findings.

"This is really a game changer," said Dr. Jared Baeten, a University of Washington researcher who led one of the studies.

Researchers announced Wednesday the results from two studies that showed the Gilead-manufactured HIV pills, Truvada and Viread, prevented disease transmission in heterosexual men and women.

Okay..soo what does it say about HOMOSEXUAL couples? :unsure:

nothing nor how it works, those study numbers are not great, I wouldn't be excited. They gave placebo pills to some and the drug to others but the numbers of those you became infected are not that much different from placebo. If they had results that said we did a study with a group of 5000 uninfected people, half were given placebo the other half the drug, after 5 years those on placebo were infected say 1250, those on the drug were infected at a number of 12. The numbers in that report do as much for str8 people as they do for gays. :filenails:

nothing nor how it works, those study numbers are not great, I wouldn't be excited. They gave placebo pills to some and the drug to others but the numbers of those you became infected are not that much different from placebo. If they had results that said we did a study with a group of 5000 uninfected people, half were given placebo the other half the drug, after 5 years those on placebo were infected say 1250, those on the drug were infected at a number of 12. The numbers in that report do as much for str8 people as they do for gays. :filenails:

Well I suppose real progress hasn't been made then. :sigh:-_-

Well I suppose real progress hasn't been made then. :sigh:-_-

they get hopeful, and studies with drugs go thru trial stages, maybe that was not a large scale study, all I can say from what I know about statistics the numbers they reported are not significant enough to prove the drugs are effective enough or maybe not at all. Also it completely fails to address transmission amongst gays.

bullshit ...

what part :unsure: All I can think of is how HIV is transmitted in str8 people, thru blood, semen, vaginal secretions and breast milk. Gay's still have blood and semen, if anything we have fewer transmission routes if that's the case. OHHHHH wait, figured it out, the study was ONLY conducted on heterosexuals..... gays were not a part of the study.

The government already has the cure for HIV/AIDS. They're never going to release it though.

I can't believe this, I just can't too many people infected outside the confines of who the government would want to get rid of, unless they don't care about collateral damage. :unsure:

The government already has the cure for HIV/AIDS. They're never going to release it though.

They're making too much money off the other drugs. I believe the same thing for Cancer, too. A country that can build spaceships and satellites can't cure these diseases? What kind of place is this -_-

They're making too much money off the other drugs. I believe the same thing for Cancer, too. A country that can build spaceships and satellites can't cure these diseases? What kind of place is this -_-

I don't know the human body is the most complex machine ever, they're still discovering how "we" work. Im willing to bet that they will find something effective within our life times.

I can't believe this, I just can't too many people infected outside the confines of who the government would want to get rid of, unless they don't care about collateral damage. :unsure:

We talked about this in Humanities a few years ago. My professor, who I would have slept with, read a book about how the government sold drugs in Black communities and HIV vaccinations to eradicate them. It first became prevalent in the early 80s, which was the target year when the plan was first devised in the late 60s.

Exactly. The government makes so much money off treatments and medicines, there's no point in ending that funding.

We talked about this in Humanities a few years ago. My professor, who I would have slept with, read a book about how the government sold drugs in Black communities and HIV vaccinations to eradicate them. It first became prevalent in the early 80s, which was the target year when the plan was first devised in the late 60s.

WHORE!!! :thumbup:

LMAO..I've read stories and had the old queens school me on this type of shit! :thumbup: How you gonna have a disease and no cure..Nature is a bitch, but there is always a defense mechanism. It's all about money, as usual, with the funding and shit.

LMAO..I've read stories and had the old queens school me on this type of shit! :thumbup: How you gonna have a disease and no cure..Nature is a bitch, but there is always a defense mechanism. It's all about money, as usual, with the funding and shit.

Old 80s queens always have the tea. :lmao: Off the top of my head, I remember an annual treatment figure being $700 million for either HIV/AIDS AND Cancer, or just one or the other. Why cut that kind of revenue? There is indeed a cure for AIDS, and I think one day someone will stumble upon it or someone else will create the cure.

Old 80s queens always have the tea. :lmao: Off the top of my head, I remember an annual treatment figure being $700 million for either HIV/AIDS AND Cancer, or just one or the other. Why cut that kind of revenue? There is indeed a cure for AIDS, and I think one day someone will stumble upon it or someone else will create the cure.

:lmao::lmao: Jesss! I use to die laughing when we youngns were called "hussies".. :lmao: But yes, it's all about the money and feeding off the human spirit..a damn shame.. -_-

:lmao::lmao: Jesss! I use to die laughing when we youngns were called "hussies".. :lmao: But yes, it's all about the money and feeding off the human spirit..a damn shame.. -_-

And their reads >>>>>>> :lmao:

Such a shameless world we live in. But these advancements in technology and discoveries do lead me to believe that the cure is near.

Archived