much as I love dis kat....OMARION REALLY TRIES IT!!

janetDAYZ

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And he's absolutely correct in his opinion. In the pop world, ppl look at dance as a second hand talent behind singing. That's why it has become so watered down.

And he considers Chris Clown one of his top dancers? =\ Chris is so sloppy. =\

And he's absolutely correct in his opinion. In the pop world, ppl look at dance as a second hand talent behind singing. That's why it has become so watered down.

He is but its his cocky "I AM ME....I AM A DANCER" attitude thats a turn off. Be GREAT without sounding like Usher. None of the other good to great dancers speak of themselves in this manner.Hell,Michael didn't even talk like this.

Can u explain this point? I kinda get what you mean but can't quite put my finger on ir.

He is but its his cocky "I AM ME....I AM A DANCER" attitude thats a turn off. Be GREAT without sounding like Usher. None of the other good to great dancers speak of themselves in this manner.Hell,Michael didn't even talk like this.

I mean, if you don't believe in yourself, who will? What was he supposed to say, "Everyone is a better dancer than me."? If I was asked the same question, hell yeah I'd say I'm one of the best dancers. The thing is, Omarion can actually back it up.

Can u explain this point? I kinda get what you mean but can't quite put my finger on ir.

People pride singing over dancing. If you're a decent singer you can get away with being a piss poor dancer. Because ppl will compensate by saying you're a decent singer. But if you can't sing, you HAVE to be able to at least dance well. Dance is such a second hand talent, and with ppl watering it down, it really waters down the importance of dance that Janet and Michael have set forth.

I mean, if you don't believe in yourself, who will? What was he supposed to say, "Everyone is a better dancer than me."? If I was asked the same question, hell yeah I'd say I'm one of the best dancers. The thing is, Omarion can actually back it up.

No one is saying he cant back it up. The ARROGANCE is one thing...you can be confident but there's a line.Someone with TRUE talent dont have to boost themselves. Janet,MJ, and a list of other dancers didn't have to because it speaks for ITSELF.

No one is saying he cant back it up. The ARROGANCE is one thing...you can be confident but there's a line.Someone with TRUE talent dont have to boost themselves. Janet,MJ, and a list of other dancers didn't have to because it speaks for ITSELF.

I think you're reading too much in to it. I don't think he's being boastful in the interview. But he's absolutely right. When you're passionate about your talent, you're gonna talk about it like it's the best thing since Janet Jackson.

When Janet said she thinks she's an okay dancer, do you really think she believes that shit? :rolleyes:

I think you're reading too much in to it.[/b] I don't think he's being boastful in the interview. But he's absolutely right. When you're passionate about your talent, you're gonna talk about it like it's the best thing since Janet Jackson.

When Janet said she thinks she's an okay dancer, do you really think she believes that shit? :rolleyes:

Austin..I follow Omarion. I see ALL of his interviews. :lol: His attitude is damn near parallel to Ushers. We can agree to disagree. It would be different if this was the FIRST one but its numerous interviews. Again,Im not disagreeing with what he's saying AT ALL. Its the attitude behind it. POINT BLANK PERIOD.

Austin..I follow Omarion. I see ALL of his interviews. :lol: His attitude is damn near parallel to Ushers. We can agree to disagree. It would be different if this was the FIRST one but its numerous interviews. Again,Im not disagreeing with what he's saying AT ALL. Its the attitude behind it. POINT BLANK PERIOD.

You can't blame him for being passionate about his talent. You can't patronize him for that.

I think you're reading too much in to it. I don't think he's being boastful in the interview. But he's absolutely right. When you're passionate about your talent, you're gonna talk about it like it's the best thing since Janet Jackson.

No, lol...but Janet is humble. Also, she knows the art of PR, and how to handle an interview so that she won't come off as thinking she's the greatest thing since sliced bread. lol

Janet could spend an entire interview talking about how great she is as an artist and you'd never even realize that is what's she's doing because she's so damn good at it. lol

People pride singing over dancing. If you're a decent singer you can get away with being a piss poor dancer. Because ppl will compensate by saying you're a decent singer. But if you can't sing, you HAVE to be able to at least dance well. Dance is such a second hand talent, and with ppl watering it down, it really waters down the importance of dance that Janet and Michael have set forth.

In most people's eyes, recording artist are supposed to musicians, ie you need to know how to sing and/or play instruments. If you can't do either, people won't see you as a high quality musician, even if you are a good overall entertainer (ie, can dance or find other ways to engage with the audience).

No, lol...but Janet is humble. Also, she knows the art of PR, and how to handle an interview so that she won't come off as thinking she's the greatest thing since sliced bread. lol

Janet could spend an entire interview talking about how great she is as an artist and you'd never even realize that is what's she's doing because she's so damn good at it. lol

I've noticed ALL of this. Like during the #1s promo, she'd always say "It's a great body of work." You better pat yourself on the back Janet. :lmao:

In most people's eyes, recording artist are supposed to musicians, ie you need to know how to sing and/or play instruments. If you can't do either, people won't see you as a high quality musician, even if you are a good overall entertainer (ie, can dance or find other ways to engage with the audience).

Which is all the more reason why if you can't do either, you're not considered great. You're not considered a GREAT performer unless you can dance. You get either or. Take Beyonce and Ciara. Both are considered great entertainers, more so Beyonce than Ciara. Beyonce can sing, but her dancing is lukewarm. Ciara can dance, but her singing is dismissible. Ciara is considered a good entertainer because she can dance well. Her dancing can carry a show, just like Beyonce's singing can carry a show.

Archived