That Grape Juice TV Presents: “The Word…On Janet Jackson”

Disco Diva

Love her or loathe her, Janet Jackson is Pop royalty.

At 45, the singer boasts a career spanning more than three decades, and a hit catalogue even the most established of acts would be envious of. Indeed, in every which way, Jackson is iconic.

However, after a lengthy spell at the top, her success has slowed notably over the last 7 years; a fact, no doubt, attributable due to her infamous “wardrobe malfunction” at the 2004 Super Bowl and the bevy of starlets who established themselves since then.

Yet, with the success of her recent ‘Number Ones: Up, Close, & Personal Tour’, many are itching for new material from the youngest of the Jackson clan.

As such, That Grape Juice took to the streets of Hollywood to hear what the people think of Ms. Jackson. What went wrong with her career? Can she make a comeback? Should she even bother?

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2011/07/grape-juice-tv-presents-wordon-janet-jackson/

Alright. Let me know the tea when you're done.

It's not bad, only one person feels janet's time has passed, another feels she has nothing to prove so a comeback isn't necessary and the rest anticipate her return and just give their intake on her influence, how great she is and what she needs to do to be on top.

It's not bad, only one person feels janet's time has passed, another feels she has nothing to prove so a comback isn't necessary and the rest anticipate her return and just give their intake on her influence, how great she is and what she needs to do to be on top.

Alright. Thank you. I'll check it out now. :thumbup:

We may all know that Janet doesn't 'need' to return on a big scale, cause she's done it all before, BUT given the opportunity for it to happen again, why would we turn it down!!? We have to keep the faith Janatics, and believe she will....cause if we don't believe then who else will, causing it to never happen.

No its not important to see Janet with more no.1 hits etc, but why would u not want it or hope for it. Janet is not an 'old act'. This talk of new acts taking over is nonsense. Madonna and Janet haven't released an album in 4 years. That length of time is bound to cause people to believe that they are done with, especially with all these newer generation singers filling the space. But u have to believe me (Janet's biggest stan :), when Janet returns with new music, its not going to be quiet. This is a JACKSON. They have it in their blood to do it big. And with Michael gone, its even more in Janet's hands to do the name proud. Do you really think Janet is going to release some brazilian jazz shit now and be happy with a Top 50 hit now, when the world is waiting wondering what the remaining talented Jackson is going to do? Come on!!!? This woman is still in the game, you can tell by the way people are STILL talking about her. If it doesn't happen next album THEN I will accept it maybe not going to happen at all, but to have that view now? That's just disappointing to hear from 'fans'.

We may all know that Janet doesn't 'need' to return on a big scale, cause she's done it all before, BUT given the opportunity for it to happen again, why would we turn it down!!? We have to keep the faith Janatics, and believe she will....cause if we don't believe then who else will, causing it to never happen.

No its not important to see Janet with more no.1 hits etc, but why would u not want it or hope for it. Janet is not an 'old act'. This talk of new acts taking over is nonsense. Madonna and Janet haven't released an album in 4 years. That length of time is bound to cause people to believe that they are done with, especially with all these newer generation singers filling the space. But u have to believe me (Janet's biggest stan :), when Janet returns with new music, its not going to be quiet. This is a JACKSON. They have it in their blood to do it big. And with Michael gone, its even more in Janet's hands to do the name proud. Do you really think Janet is going to release some brazilian jazz shit now and be happy with a Top 50 hit now, when the world is waiting wondering what the remaining talented Jackson is going to do? Come on!!!? This woman is still in the game, you can tell by the way people are STILL talking about her. If it doesn't happen next album THEN I will accept it maybe not going to happen at all, but to have that view now? That's just disappointing to hear from 'fans'.

This post SERIOUSLY has me hyped as hell :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

:clapping:

Archived