So this congressman Doug Lamborn feels its okay to call Obama a tar baby? Awww hell no...We can't let this slide...

King Baby

...and if Obama accepts his apology I will lose all respect for him.

Here is his contact info...I am defiantely gonna be giving this dude a call.

Contact Doug

WASHINGTON OFFICE

437 Cannon House Office Building

Washington, DC 20515

Phone: (202) 225-4422

Fax: (202) 226-2638

DISTRICT OFFICES

1271 Kelly Johnson Blvd. Suite 110

Colorado Springs, CO 80920

Phone: (719) 520-0055

Fax: (719) 520-0840

415 Main Street

Buena Vista, CO 81211

Phone: (719) 520-0055

Fax: (719) 520-0840

(no mail delivery)

:flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff::flipoff:

A House Republican apologized to President Obama for saying that being associated with Obama's policies would be like "touching a tar baby."

Rep. Doug Lamborn, R-Colo., made the remark last week to a Denver radio show. Lamborn told KKTV on Monday night that the phrase, to some people, is a racial epithet.

Lamborn's office issued a statement last night saying the congressman was trying to explain that Obama's policies "have created an economic quagmire for the nation and are responsible for the dismal economic conditions our country faces."

"He regrets that he chose the phrase 'tar baby,' rather than the word 'quagmire.' The congressman is confident that the president will accept his heartfelt apology," the statement from Lamborn's office said.

In the Merriam-Webster dictionary, tar baby is defined as "something from which it is nearly impossible to extricate oneself." The term's origin comes from a doll made of tar and turpentine that is used to entrap a character in the Uncle Remus stories. Over the years, the term has come to be viewed as derogatory term for African Americans.

Lamborn, first elected in 2006, is known in Washington for his fight to end federal funding of NPR.

suspended? Congressmen aren't suspended

i don't think he was calling President Obama a tar baby ... but whatever..

It was a horrible choice of words. Its funny how its cool for these republicans to get all racial but then we make Weiner resign for sexting pictures. :filenails:

off with his head. :filenails:

suspended? Congressmen aren't suspended

i don't think he was calling President Obama a tar baby ... but whatever..

Possibly not, but there has to be a mutual change with them. They should be more careful with what they say and others need to be less sensitive.

just add him to the other disrespectful assholes. now pat buchannon another republican dick called him a BOY >_<

this was all over the radio yesterday and today that's why he apologized. but he only did becuse the media was all over it.

and lets not forget about rush limbaugh he called obama a jackass and says he is puttinf FLOUR in his hair to amke it LOOK like he is going gray :blink:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/02/rush-limbaugh-obama-jackass_n_916469.html

i'm not 100% sure... but suspended? like going back to their home state and doing nothing at all... sounds like a vacation

Nope, there are no suspensions or anything. They can censure you, but that's more or less just a meaningless official thing (and I think can only be done if you've broken certain rules).

Usually if you're in trouble in Congress, they just put pressure on you until you resign.

Archived