Janet Jackson answers Fan Questions

Reyna ♔

Janet Jackson will be bringing her latest tour, "Janet Jackson: Number Ones - Up Close and Personal," to Cleveland for a concert Friday, Aug. 12, at Jacobs Pavilion at Nautica. The set list will draw exclusively from her recent greatest hits collection, "Number Ones." Showtime is 8:45 p.m. There is no opener. Tickets, starting at $49.50, are available via livenation.com. The Plain Dealer, cleveland.com and Live Nation teamed up to give fans a chance to win a pair of tickets to the show via a new online feature called, "Ask the Artist." The best question, as selected by editors at cleveland.com, won a pair of great reserved seats to the show and a signed copy of "Number Ones." Four runners-up will received a pair of tickets to the show.

Here are the questions and Jackson's answers.

Grand

Prize

Winner

Janet,

I have been a follower of yours since you were Millicent "Penny" Woods on "Good Times." You are quite the actress as well as a great singer. I loved it when you used to wear the black clothing, loved "Control." I dressed up just like you. I enjoyed growing up with you. We are both around the same age and I idolize you. My question to you is very simple. In preparation for a concert or even when you are acting, where do you grab your strength and energy? I understand that you have to prepare but what motivates you to keep going? It seems as if it is so natural for you.

Robin

Jones,

East

Cleveland

Robin,

You are too sweet! Thank you. I get so much energy when I perform for my fans. I love what I do and love doing it for those of you who have supported me all these years.

Other

winners

Janet,

Out of all of the endeavors that you have undertaken - singing, dancing, acting (TV and movies), choreography, collaborating - which single project stands out as most reflective of 'the Janet' that you know yourself to be that the public doesn't see ?

Vickie

Anderson,

Cleveland

Heights

Vickie,

One of the reasons that I enjoy acting is that I get a change to play characters that are not like me at all. My music is very personal. I don't keep a diary, so my music is the closest thing to that for me. My book "True You," though not a biography, is probably the most reflective at this moment.

Janet,

You have millions of fans and some who would camp out overnight just to see you. So my question is, who is your favorite celebrity/entertainer/person who you would become a total fanatic over seeing?

Loretta

James,

University

Heights

Loretta,

I am so lucky that my career has allowed me to meet some of the most amazing people in the world. I don't think I could pick just one person.

Janet,

I know that you have been in quite a few movies lately. Are you leaning more towards your acting or your singing career at this point in your life?

Dee

Montgomery

Dee,

Acting has always been my first passion so it has been fun to get back to it. I am enjoying doing it all right now. It has been very energizing for me to go back on tour and perform for the fans and I plan to go back into the studio later this year or early next to record a new CD. I have never been that great at multitasking but I am trying to get better at it.

Janet,

I was fortunate enough to be a nightclub DJ during your 'Control' and 'Rhythm Nation' releases, and still have some great memories of playing your songs to packed dance floors. What advice would you give to new artists following in the trail you have blazed for so long now?

Jeff

Royer,

Wadsworth

Jeff,

I would just say to stay true to yourself and have fun!

Source: http://www.janetjackson.com/story/news/janet-jackson-answers-fan-questions-ask-the-artist

Janet,

You have millions of fans and some who would camp out overnight just to see you. So my question is, who is your favorite celebrity/entertainer/person who you would become a total fanatic over seeing?

Loretta

James,

University

Heights

Loretta,

I am so lucky that my career has allowed me to meet some of the most amazing people in the world. I don't think I could pick just one person.

Translation = "I don't wait on people, I get waited on. :coffee: "

Acting has always been my first passion so it has been fun to get back to it. I am enjoying doing it all right now. It has been very energizing for me to go back on tour and perform for the fans and I plan to go back into the studio later this year or early next to record a new CD. I have never been that great at multitasking but I am trying to get better at it.

2uepow6.gif

tumblr_lpbg4brBAt1qc67tzo4_250.giftumblr_loecahaF1C1qc8a9jo6_250.gif

tumblr_loy8gh65bN1qetl26o5_500.gif

tumblr_lp6hykylJb1qcx851o1_500.gif

I'm just so excited...

I would just say to stay true to yourself and have fun!

"You don't gotta do SHIT these days. Don't bother tryna get like me." :asham:

Archived