Janet Jackson won't attend brother's tribute concert

Reyna ♔

LOS ANGELES (AP) – Janet Jackson says she will not attend a tribute concert honoring her brother Michael later this year because it coincides with the trial of the doctor charged in the King of Pop's death.

Janet Jackson says she will not attend Michael Jackson's tribute concert because it coincides with the trial of Conrad Murray, the doctor charged in her brother's death.

Janet Jackson says she will not attend Michael Jackson's tribute concert because it coincides with the trial of Conrad Murray, the doctor charged in her brother's death.

Janet Jackson says in a statement to The Associated Press that the timing of the show would make her appearance too difficult.

She joins brothers Jermaine and Randy Jackson, who also have said they will not attend the Oct. 8 show planned for Cardiff, Wales, because it will happen during the trial of Conrad Murray.

The show has received support from family matriarch Katherine Jackson and other siblings of the late singer.

Opening statements are scheduled to begin in Murray's trial on Sept. 27.

Source: http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/story/2011-08-29/Janet-Jackson-wont-attend-tribute/50178502/1

Mother Jan & Grand High Mother Kathy not participating & approving?

Oh, no thank you then. :filenails:

Mother Kate is one of the main ones pushing for the show along with Toya, the other brothers and Michael's babies. It's Randy and Jermaine, now Janet, who are against it. Which is why I'm lost as hell.

I'm kinda surprised Jermaine isn't tryin' to get in on this laugh.gif

I know! That's what I said! :lmao:

He's still probably butt hurt that they didn't support the tribute he wanted back in 2009 in Vienna. Janet has been against making money off Mike since, what? Ever? laugh.gif

ThatGrapeJuice article:

Though fans may be gearing up for Michael Jackson Forever, a tribute set to feature performances from the likes of Christina Aguilera, Beyonce and Ne-Yo, famous younger sibling/‘Miss U Much’ singer Janet Jackson has released a statement informing fans she will be missing the event.

You can see the statement, which comes on what would’ve been her brother’s 53rd birthday, after the jump:

Via Billboard:

“Because of the trial, the timing of this tribute to our brother would be too difficult for me,” her statement reads. The singer’s one-sentence statement to The Associated Press does not criticize the show, as her brothers Jermaine and Randy have done, but cites the court case as her reason for not attending.

Set for October 8th, brothers Jermaine and Randy may have publicly voiced their disapproval of the showing, but mother Katherine and other siblings are on schedule to attend.

Good for Janet, i am glad she will be focusing on the trial. This tribute is a good idea but the timing and location is all wrong. Why not wait until after the trial, what is the rush? I feel Katherine has her heart in the right place wanting to honor her son and Latoya, Marlon, Jackie and Tito want to support their mother and brother but they really should all reconsider rescheduling even if it's moved to next year s that there is plenty of time to book more artist and Janet would most likely perform if it's was moved.

Janet never participates. I am not surprised at all. Janet is more concerned about her own career and not about making money off her brother.

Janet participated in the VMA tribute. I think if it's something she knows that will be done with dignity she will participate to honor her brother but it isn't necessary for her to participate and comment on everything done for MJ.

Archived