"Man Down" by Rihanna is one of my FAVORITE songs of the YEAR

LyricalLesson

I haven't been a fan of Rihanna's since "Music Of The Sun" dropped half a decade ago. Not a big fan of her artistry or swag. Though I've liked some singles she's dropped since then ("S.O.S.", "Rehab", "Disturbia", "Only Girl", "What's My Name") . . . nothing's just could compare to that first album IMO.

UNTIL "Man Down"

I may be hella late, but I just don't check on current music like I used to back in the day. I vacationed in Chicago for two weeks this months, and it only took me 3 listens to fall completely and utterly in LOVE with the track. She sounds fantastic, the content and lyrics are interesting and unique, her delivery is flawless ESPECIALLY THOSE FALSETTOS, and that 3rd verse is sick as hell! She made me remember the barbadian girl with the caribbean/dancehall sound that I was stuck on in '05 and '06 :) She's still got it in her.

I dog on Rih vocally at times, but she definitely did her thing on this track. It's quite possibly my favorite song of her's now, definitely top 3 because I love and still think she was vocally at her best on "Music Of The Sun".

I like "Man Down" too. I think it's because I generally prefer her reggae-flavored music.

My favorite overall is Kanye's "All of the Lights." ^_^ At the moment, I also like Raphael Saadiq's "Radio" - while clearly a rock 'n roll throwback, it still has that Tony Toni Toné vibe.

I haven't been a fan of Rihanna's since "Music Of The Sun" dropped half a decade ago. Not a big fan of her artistry or swag. Though I've liked some singles she's dropped since then ("S.O.S.", "Rehab", "Disturbia", "Only Girl", "What's My Name") . . . nothing's just could compare to that first album IMO.

UNTIL "Man Down"

I may be hella late, but I just don't check on current music like I used to back in the day. I vacationed in Chicago for two weeks this months, and it only took me 3 listens to fall completely and utterly in LOVE with the track. She sounds fantastic, the content and lyrics are interesting and unique, her delivery is flawless ESPECIALLY THOSE FALSETTOS, and that 3rd verse is sick as hell! She made me remember the barbadian girl with the caribbean/dancehall sound that I was stuck on in '05 and '06 :) She's still got it in her.

I dog on Rih vocally at times, but she definitely did her thing on this track. It's quite possibly my favorite song of her's now, definitely top 3 because I love and still think she was vocally at her best on "Music Of The Sun".

I do like "Man Down"...I didn't care for it much when I 1st heard it but i've heard it on the radio more and now i'm starting to like it more. I like her goin' back to her Jamaican roots and I love her accent.

This is mine...

...followed CLOSELY by Britney's "I Wanna Go".

evelyn.gif

I'm just seriously waiting on Taylor to release "Haunted", but I kinda doubt she will :cry:

OMG I can't stand that song. I hear it waaaaaaaaaaay too much. Radio done played it out

I think Rihanna shines bright on her island tinged songs, which is probably why I loved "MOTS" so much.

I can't say enough great things about "Man Down"...just listened to it again on my way to work, and it's just magical. She sounds so comfortable and commanding on the track, it's a beautiful thing.

You're right Hotboy -- even though I'm not a big Rihanna fan, I will give her this -- she and her camp are very eclectic and risk-taking. That's very admirable, especially for an artist these days.

I think Rihanna shines bright on her island tinged songs, which is probably why I loved "MOTS" so much.

I can't say enough great things about "Man Down"...just listened to it again on my way to work, and it's just magical. She sounds so comfortable and commanding on the track, it's a beautiful thing.

You're right Hotboy -- even though I'm not a big Rihanna fan, I will give her this -- she and her camp are very eclectic and risk-taking. That's very admirable, especially for an artist these days.

And that's why I love her. :thumbup:

Archived