CNN Claims Obama's Re-Election...

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

The thing is - Democrats (obviously) and Independents are very anti-Tea Party, but based on the way things are going with the Republican primaries so far, the a big chunk of the Republican base still seems to be falling for their shit. Which could be a good thing, really - if they nominate somebody totally bonkers, they've got much less of a chance against Obama (but then I've thought that about Tea Party candidates in other recent elections, and have been proven wrong. And thus, I continue to lose faith in America).

not all republicans are educated

not all republicans are educated

Thank you, Captain Obvious. :lol: All you have to do is watch Sarah Palin attempt to string words into a coherent sentence - and then see her followers cheer for her- to figure that out. (Though I do actually know legitimately well-educated and generally people who support her, so ... I'm just gonna emigrate bc people be crazy).

Thank you, Captain Obvious. :lol: All you have to do is watch Sarah Palin attempt to string words into a coherent sentence - and then see her followers cheer for her- to figure that out. (Though I do actually know legitimately well-educated and generally people who support her, so ... I'm just gonna emigrate bc people be crazy).

they need to be tested

The economy has to change. It's similar to 1992, when Clinton was running; he ran on the economy all the way to the White House.

And Bush was able to energize the crazy conservatives to vote him in; there are more registered Democrats than Republicans in this country, but if the Democrats aren't all that motivated, they don't vote (see: 2004 General Election and the 2010 mid-term elections). Don't underestimate the power of getting a bunch of dumbass people to vote against their own self-interest.

It really depends on the economy. He needs to give the speech of his life and hit the ground running about his jobs plan.

The economy has to change. It's similar to 1992, when Clinton was running; he ran on the economy all the way to the White House.

And Bush was able to energize the crazy conservatives to vote him in; there are more registered Democrats than Republicans in this country, but if the Democrats aren't all that motivated, they don't vote (see: 2004 General Election and the 2010 mid-term elections). Don't underestimate the power of getting a bunch of dumbass people to vote against their own self-interest.

It really depends on the economy. He needs to give the speech of his life and hit the ground running about his jobs plan.

Preach. :clapping:

You've summed it up perfectly.

we should all be spending more money... the people

Preach. :clapping:

You've summed it up perfectly.

They did in 2004 and 2010, so I can't put it past them. Hell 59 million Americans were okay with having Sarah Palin being a heartbeat away from the presidency. SARAH. PALIN. :mellow:

What has shown me some promise is that in these special elections since 2010, the winners have generally been Democrats; I'm hoping this trend continues.

okay say I believed his reelection was in trouble, which I don't I believe the economy is, who would win then? If ya'll feel like Obama would lose because thangs aint great you must feel America will vote for someone they believe will do a better job, and who among the current crop is that? :filenails:

They should just let Obama stay in because he can now apply his experience and probably make some major changes now

maybe so .... but sometimes you learn your craft then apply ... he's maybe the only person that really understands the ins and outs of this terrible economy

Yeah, but they generally don't just "let you stay", hoping you'll figure it out. In some cases, though, it does happen that you learn a lot on the job - Bill Clinton made a lot of mistakes at the beginning of his presidency, lost Congress to the Republicans in '94, and things were looking pretty bad for him, but he really grew into the job and turned things around and was re-elected by a large margin in '96.

But Obama is no Clinton. For one thing, Obama has a lot to deal with that Clinton didn't, especially with regard to the economy. And also, whereas Clinton seemed to grow into the job, I'm not sure Obama has - at least not to enough of an extent to make it of any help to him.

Archived