CNN Claims Obama's Re-Election...

Rock & Roll Hall of Game

Well considering the crop of dickheads he's up against I didn't think so

exactly, I don't think Obama is going to be re-elected because he is doing such a great job I think he will be re-elected because the Republicans don't have a candidate worth a damn.

I think he will be re-elected, but anything can happen. -_- I think many of the voters disappointed in his presidency will vote for him again because of the alternative.

:yep: I can't believe Michelle Bachman is still being taken seriously, I can't wait for the debates to come Obama is gonna slay them

I mean of those out there now, you have a female who gives me Sarah Palin teas, you have a Texas Governor, ring a bell?, you have a previous loser ...I mean are they fucking serious?

The thing is I like some republicans... not the extreme ones...

The republicans will loose because of the tea party....

If they were smart they would get a Hispanic male (president) and a white female (vice president)... Both would have to be smart of course... but it would counter obama and eat into some of his base... Most white people like hispanics more than black people anyway.

If they were smart they would get a Hispanic male (president) and a white female (vice president)... Both would have to be smart of course... but it would counter obama and eat into some of his base... Most white people like hispanics more than black people anyway.

that's their problem the Michelle Bachman's are extreme

that's their problem the Michelle Bachman's are extreme

His re-election is absolutely in jeopardy. He could definitely still win, but it's looking more and more difficult. It really all hinges on the economy. Obama could frigging find a cure for cancer, but if the economy doesn't step it up, he's screwed.

okay say I believed his reelection was in trouble, which I don't I believe the economy is, who would win then? If ya'll feel like Obama would lose because thangs aint great you must feel America will vote for someone they believe will do a better job, and who among the current crop is that? :filenails:

okay say I believed his reelection was in trouble, which I don't I believe the economy is, who would win then? If ya'll feel like Obama would lose because thangs aint great you must feel America will vote for someone they believe will do a better job, and who among the current crop is that? :filenails:

I honestly can't speak for the average American, because I'm too deep into it all, but a general rule of thumb is that if the economy sucks (no matter whose fault it is, etc.), things start to swing in the other direction and the current polls are very much demonstrating that. If the Republicans manage to nominate someone who seems decently sane, they'll have a pretty good chance.

Ugh, I just hate thinking about it too much. Depressing stuff.

I honestly can't speak for the average American, because I'm too deep into it all, but a general rule of thumb is that if the economy sucks (no matter whose fault it is, etc.), things start to swing in the other direction and the current polls are very much demonstrating that. If the Republicans manage to nominate someone who seems decently sane, they'll have a pretty good chance.

Ugh, I just hate thinking about it too much. Depressing stuff.

Although Obama's ratings are lower, the Congress is at 82% disapprove.. That can work in his favor because the Republicans have the majority..

Although Obama's ratings are lower, the Congress is at 82% disapprove.. That can work in his favor because the Republicans have the majority..

That won't help him much, though. Congress always tends to have lower approval ratings (I could go into some deeper analysis on this, but it's tangential and I'm lazy), but at the end of the day, when it's a Presidential election year, the vast majority of people are focused on the candidates for president.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the Tea Party, though. They've been the one's holding stuff up in Congress, etc., yet they still seem to have a disturbing level of popularity.

That won't help him much, though. Congress always tends to have lower approval ratings (I could go into some deeper analysis on this, but it's tangential and I'm lazy), but at the end of the day, when it's a Presidential election year, the vast majority of people are focused on the candidates for president.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with the Tea Party, though. They've been the one's holding stuff up in Congress, etc., yet they still seem to have a disturbing level of popularity.

Tea Party ratings are not good either..

Tea Party-backed politicians say voters sent them to Washington to change the tone in the nation's capital and do the people's work. But according to a new poll, they are increasingly ineffective in achieving that goal.

A Pew Research/Washington Post poll finds 29 percent of those asked think Tea Party members have had a mostly negative effect in Congress. That's up 11 percent in the eight short months since most of those members took office.

There are two other pieces of bad news for members who support the Tea Party in this poll. The first is that 35 percent of respondents think the group has not had much of an effect at all. Worse is that 28 percent of independents say that Tea Party members have had a negative effect, while 24 percent of the coveted group say they have had a positive impact. In January, twice as many respondents (29 percent to 14) expected the Tea Party-backed group to have a positive effect.

The recent standoff in Washington over raising the debt ceiling is the latest fight to highlight the divide not only between Republicans and Democrats, but between Republicans and staunch Tea Party members. The most notable Republicans to vote "no" on raising the limit include presidential contenders and Tea Party favorites Michele Bachmann and Ron Paul.

Read more: http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/08/09/americans-see-tea-party-politicians-more-negatively-says-poll#ixzz1XEDYwcrm

Tea Party-backed politicians say voters sent them to Washington to change the tone in the nation's capital and do the people's work. But according to a new poll, they are increasingly ineffective in achieving that goal.

A Pew Research/Washington Post poll finds 29 percent of those asked think Tea Party members have had a mostly negative effect in Congress. That's up 11 percent in the eight short months since most of those members took office.

There are two other pieces of bad news for members who support the Tea Party in this poll. The first is that 35 percent of respondents think the group has not had much of an effect at all. Worse is that 28 percent of independents say that Tea Party members have had a negative effect, while 24 percent of the coveted group say they have had a positive impact. In January, twice as many respondents (29 percent to 14) expected the Tea Party-backed group to have a positive effect.

The recent standoff in Washington over raising the debt ceiling is the latest fight to highlight the divide not only between Republicans and Democrats, but between Republicans and staunch Tea Party members. The most notable Republicans to vote "no" on raising the limit include presidential contenders and Tea Party favorites Michele Bachmann and Ron Paul.

Read more: http://politics.blogs.foxnews.com/2011/08/09/americans-see-tea-party-politicians-more-negatively-says-poll#ixzz1XEDYwcrm

it's a mess :sigh:

The thing is - Democrats (obviously) and Independents are very anti-Tea Party, but based on the way things are going with the Republican primaries so far, the a big chunk of the Republican base still seems to be falling for their shit. Which could be a good thing, really - if they nominate somebody totally bonkers, they've got much less of a chance against Obama (but then I've thought that about Tea Party candidates in other recent elections, and have been proven wrong. And thus, I continue to lose faith in America).

The thing is - Democrats (obviously) and Independents are very anti-Tea Party, but based on the way things are going with the Republican primaries so far, the a big chunk of the Republican base still seems to be falling for their shit. Which could be a good thing, really - if they nominate somebody totally bonkers, they've got much less of a chance against Obama (but then I've thought that about Tea Party candidates in other recent elections, and have been proven wrong. And thus, I continue to lose faith in America).

:clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Archived