I GOT Banned On Madonna Nation

Idrag4mj

i stated that the only thing that madonna has over her peers is her worldwide popularity and massive tours and besides that she pretty much in the same boat her peers

That is nothing but the truth. The only reason why Madonna gets a lot of credit is because she's more popular than her female peers. And whatever she does will seem more transcendent because she appeals to more ppl. It's the same story with The Beatles, MJ, and Elvis. In reality, Madonna is no more acclaimed than Janet. Her stans like to act like her catalog is so revered when in reality, out of her 11 studio albums, the only ones that matter are Like A Prayer, Ray Of Light, Music, and Confessions; just like how Janet only has 4 albums that really matter, plus a greatest hits (Immaculate Collection and DOAD). Her contributions to pop music and pop culture, are very much so exaggerated, while an artist like Janet has REALLY been more influential but won't get the credit.

And Mariah isn't a better artist. She's got too much fluff and repetition, and she was a trail follower, rather than a blazer, which is what Madonna was (minus the 90s up until ROL).

That is nothing but the truth. The only reason why Madonna gets a lot of credit is because she's more popular than her female peers. And whatever she does will seem more transcendent because she appeals to more ppl. It's the same story with The Beatles, MJ, and Elvis. In reality, Madonna is no more acclaimed than Janet. Her stans like to act like her catalog is so revered when in reality, out of her 11 studio albums, the only ones that matter are Like A Prayer, Ray Of Light, Music, and Confessions; just like how Janet only has 4 albums that really matter, plus a greatest hits (Immaculate Collection and DOAD). Her contributions to pop music and pop culture, are very much so exaggerated, while an artist like Janet has REALLY been more influential but won't get the credit.

And Mariah isn't a better artist. She's got too much fluff and repetition, and she was a trail follower, rather than a blazer, which is what Madonna was (minus the 90s up until ROL).

:clapping: :clapping:

:unsure: What makes Janet more influential, exactly? It's easy to say we "see" her more in acts like Britney and Rihanna. But what did Janet do that Madonna didn't?

She's gotten more acclaim than Janet on everything since Ray of Light (and maybe even Bedtime Stories). And I'd say Erotica + BS are more praised than Music, which is kind of ROL's distant, boring cousin.

Erotica wasn't a trailblazing album? Which other mainstream acts were doing that at the time? :lol: The whole SEX book, the Girlie Show and the videos (including Justify My Love) made up what was arguably the most controversial era of her career. She had a lull in the mid-'90s but it was still a much more exciting decade than what she's done in the '00s.

It's easy to hate on Madonna (or simply downplay her accomplishments) from our little Janet bubble. I don't think she was the most influential person ever but she's definitely had as much influence as any female pop diva.

Plus, this thread is stupid because MN is full of bitter, angry troll-queens.

Because i disagreed that she has a better music catalogue than mariah

I said madonna is a better entertainer but mariah is the better artist...they even had the nerve to say that madonna has a more soulful voice than mariah :lmao: delusions at its highest ....i stated that the only thing that madonna has over her peers is her worldwide popularity and massive tours and besides that she pretty much in the same boat her peers.. and because of this i was called a troll and banned :sigh:

suspended or banned as in don't come back. :unsure:

:unsure: What makes Janet more influential, exactly? It's easy to say we "see" her more in acts like Britney and Rihanna. But what did Janet do that Madonna didn't?

Choreography, mainly. Janet did things with choreography that none of her peers did until after she did. There's also the fact that Janet's demographic outweighs Madonna's. The same ppl Madonna has influenced have cited Janet. But the same ppl who have cited Janet have not cited Madonna.

She's gotten more acclaim than Janet on everything since Ray of Light (and maybe even Bedtime Stories). And I'd say Erotica + BS are more praised than Music, which is kind of ROL's distant, boring cousin.

ROL was her only 90s album that mattered, and even still it ranked far below TVR on Rolling Stone's top 500 albums.

Erotica wasn't a trailblazing album? Which other mainstream acts were doing that at the time? :lol: The whole SEX book, the Girlie Show and the videos (including Justify My Love) made up what was arguably the most controversial era of her career. She had a lull in the mid-'90s but it was still a much more exciting decade than what she's done in the '00s.

What she did with Erotica didn't go past 1992. And what she did with that album had already been taken care of in the 70s.

It's easy to hate on Madonna (or simply downplay her accomplishments) from our little Janet bubble. I don't think she was the most influential person ever but she's definitely had as much influence as any female pop diva.

No denying that. But her influence is really exaggerated imo. She's put on a pedastal like EVERY female act must bow down to her because she's that great. If ppl would take their heads out of her ass, then they'd see what ppl are talking about. If Janet wasn't MJ's sister, she would get a lot more credit than she's given. Everything she does gets attributed to MJ. Why? Because MJ has always done things on a larger scale and reached more people. So his audience assumes he was the first to do what he did when in reality that's not the case. The same could be said for Madonna.

Plus, this thread is stupid because MN is full of bitter, angry troll-queens.

Preaching to the choir. I've seen that board. :sigh::lol:

Choreography, mainly. Janet did things with choreography that none of her peers did until after she did. There's also the fact that Janet's demographic outweighs Madonna's. The same ppl Madonna has influenced have cited Janet. But the same ppl who have cited Janet have not cited Madonna.

ROL was her only 90s album that mattered, and even still it ranked far below TVR on Rolling Stone's top 500 albums.

What she did with Erotica didn't go past 1992. And what she did with that album had already been taken care of in the 70s.

No denying that. But her influence is really exaggerated imo. She's put on a pedastal like EVERY female act must bow down to her because she's that great. If ppl would take their heads out of her ass, then they'd see what ppl are talking about. If Janet wasn't MJ's sister, she would get a lot more credit than she's given. Everything she does gets attributed to MJ. Why? Because MJ has always done things on a larger scale and reached more people. So his audience assumes he was the first to do what he did when in reality that's not the case. The same could be said for Madonna.

Preaching to the choir. I've seen that board. :sigh::lol:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

them bitches are old and hateful they loathe all kinds of shit rainbows and flowers bitter bitches :filenails: I wanna know what you was doing fucking around on a Madonna board anyway? That's where you fucked up in the first place :filenails:

LOL i was just wondering what they thought about janet

Well Austin got my first two +1s of the day :lol: Very well-deserved :thumbup:

Thank you. ^_^

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

And I hate for race to be a factor, but unfortunately it is. Other than Rihanna, I have not seen or heard a Black artist cite Madonna as an inspiration. R&B/Hip-Hop/Black artists do not use her, AT ALL. And this is the same reason why I believe Michael is bigger than The Beatles and Elvis.

Thank you. ^_^

And I hate for race to be a factor, but unfortunately it is. Other than Rihanna, I have no seen or heard a Black artist cite Madonna as an inspiration. R&B/Hip-Hop/Black artists do not use her, AT ALL. And this is the same reason why I believe Michael is bigger than The Beatles and Elvis.

As someone simply put it, no one cried in the hood when Elvis died.

I guess.

The wider demographic thing is pretty true, but that's really because being black let her cross over to R&B radio while she was slaying on pop and dance. FWIW, I think there are definitely people who have mentioned Madonna, but not Janet, as an influence, but I agree that it's less often than the other way around.

Public opinion says that ROL was more impactful (it reached a wider demographic :)) than TVR, though.

Some would say that Erotica influenced the janet. album. Yeah, it was an instantly-dated stab at older jazz and funk, but the sexuality of it is what made it a big deal.

Generally, though, I don't really disagree with this. Erotica only sold 5M worldwide. That's a flop for a huge pop star in the '90s. And the janet. album bears no resemblance to it outside of "Throb."

The "first" thing is right on. But you don't have to be the first person to do something to be considered influential. You just have to reach people and inspire them with your image or sound. So I think this is a non sequitur.

I guess.

The wider demographic thing is pretty true, but that's really because being black let her cross over to R&B radio while she was slaying on pop and dance. FWIW, I think there are definitely people who have mentioned Madonna, but not Janet, as an influence, but I agree that it's less often than the other way around.

And that's why Janet has an edge of Madonna imo. Madonna doesn't have the backing of the "Black audience" that Janet has. Even though there are artists who don't mention Janet, they have done things Janet innovated.

Public opinion says that ROL was more impactful (it reached a wider demographic :)) than TVR, though.

I don't see the impact of ROL. But TVR has been more influential, i.e. Mizunderstood, Stripped, Confessions, etc, the "personal albums". The argument can be made that Madonna did a "personal album" with Like A Prayer. But that same argument can be made for Control. But I think ROL was more of a return to form for Madonna, rather than a pivotal album in music history. Again, just all imo.

Some would say that Erotica influenced the janet. album. Yeah, it was an instantly-dated stab at older jazz and funk, but the sexuality of it is what made it a big deal.

Generally, though, I don't really disagree with this. Erotica only sold 5M worldwide. That's a flop for a huge pop star in the '90s. And the janet. album bears no resemblance to it outside of "Throb."

That's because stupid people like to act like "Someday Is Tonight", "Funny How Time Flies", and "Pretty Boy" don't exist. Sure Janet never did a whole album on it, but it was always there, and Janet said she had the idea for the janet. album in 1990.

The "first" thing is right on. But you don't have to be the first person to do something to be considered influential. You just have to reach people and inspire them with your image or sound. So I think this is a non sequitur.

Right, and because people like Madonna, MJ, The Beatles, and Elvis have much bigger audiences than their peers, people naturally attribute innovation to them, although that's not always the case.

Archived