The Velvet Rope turns 14

dimpy

Here's a post on The Velvet Rope. Leave your comments, memories, etc about Janet and the album here. (Post I did on my website :))

Thank you for making my favorite album, Janet! All these years later, it still means everything to me!

(Austin...Don't.) :thumbup:

I was in the 4th grade when it came out. I'll never forget recording The Velvet Rope MTV Special on VHS after school and then buying the CD that Saturday at K-Mart with my allowance money!

Most of the songs went over my head and I didn't understand a lot of it, but throughout the years and especially re-discovering it when I was 19, this album has helped me get through a tremendous amount of pain, confusion, and stress.

The best moment for me came this year after the March 21st Radio City Music Hall. After the show, a few fans were waiting outside by the bus. One of the stans dressed in an Escapade costume was standing next to me and a car pulled up next to us. She told me "THAT'S JANET'S CAR, SHE'S IN THE CAR", so I said "I don't feel safe with cars pulling up next to me! But if it is Janet, I love you and thank you for making The Velvet Rope album!".

The window rolled down and I saw two large, beautiful brown eyes belonging to a woman in her mid-40s with a beautiful light brown complexion and a hoodie on. It was Miss Janet. :)

She smiled at me and I got to hold her hand, but then the stan told the mob of fans and they pounced on the car. Then Janet's driver hauled ass as fans chased down the car. My hand smelled like perfume!!

I bought this album for my cousin last week. She promised she would listen to it and never did so I just ended up buying it for her so she had no choice. Anyway her feedback was:

"I kind of cried a bit at 'you' because I get it. I fair love it. And Together Again. I LOVE the lyrics to Empty. All together its a really good album"

Archived