Girlgroup WW stats

bu.

How bout we get Spice Girls writing credits too..why leave them out? :shifty:

Apparently they're masters of the 'Add a word...Take a third' movement :unsure:

TI.gif

:lol:! I actually went on Wiki and saw 'Thomas' alongside quite a few of their songs. Watkins was on 2. Lopes was on the ones she featured on...But I'm sure Bey and them are on EVERY song of theirs that isn't a cover.

Apparently they're masters of the 'Add a word...Take a third' movement :unsure:

:lol:! I actually went on Wiki and saw 'Thomas' alongside quite a few of their songs. Watkins was on 2. Lopes was on the ones she featured on...But I'm sure Bey and them are on EVERY song of theirs that isn't a cover.

Actually, the Spice Girls had their entire first album written and completed before they even had a deal. They wrote their music, and then brought it to producers to touch it up a bit. They have writing credits on 98% of their stuff.

As for TLC, their writing credits are next to nothing. Dallas Austin, Babyface, Kandi, and a few others are responsible for the discography of TLC. DC didn't write on their first album, but they started on their second and continued all the way through. I don't think they've written all of their stuff post debut, but they've done at least 97% of it.

^ I never thought the Spice Girls would write their stuff, especially considering the type of stuff they were making. But more power to them.

People think they're manufactured, when in reality they're not. All of them wrote, did vocal arrangements, could actually sing, and were pretty decent performers with stage presence.

The cards were shuffled,dealt and we're dealing with it. :asham: We get it!

No different than Madonna and Mariah selling more than Janet since they've had MORe releases than her. You even said yourself had Janet done a few fluff albums in between her huge releases in the 90s..her sales would have been even higher and closer to her contemps.

This is no different. :lol:

DC has 3 extra projects on TLC and there is only a 2 million difference in their total sales...???? :blink::lmao:

DEAD @ you acting as if DC was bigger and more popular when matching the sales of each album says something COMPLETELY different. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Dc only won the DF vs 3D round!

This^

No,DC is more popular than TLC ever was because they sold 2 million more albums overall even tho the BIGGESTselling album of the two groups belongs to TLC,but DC is much BIGGER ... :fart: :fart:

I think it also has to do with members of DC managing to have individual success. I wished T-Boz and Chilli decided to pursue some solo endeavors. Niether would be that successful but it will keep their names out there to do other things and expand the groups legacy.

I think it also has to do with members of DC managing to have individual success. I wished T-Boz and Chilli decided to pursue some solo endeavors. Niether would be that successful but it will keep their names out there to do other things and expand the groups legacy.

You also have to account for the fact that DC has outsold TLC on every continent, even if you just take their 4 best selling releases. There's also the fact that DC has more international #1s than TLC, and were popular enough to have more than one successful world tour (did TLC even do a world tour?). That's how DC and the Spice Girls have maintained more relevance than any other girl group. They both had global appeal and their music crossed audiences. Spice Girls sold out their last tour, and I'm sure if DC did a reunion album and tour, it would sell out. Both groups would be able to tour the world. Because TLC was relatively local (in comparison to their peers), the same can't be said for them.

TLC should not be broke :mellow:

they only made 150,000 between 92-96 along with being 3.2 million dollars in debt because of money owed to the label and Pebbles. All the money they made came from the fanmail era. They didn't do a lot of writing so they don't receive a lot on royalties. The fanmail tour stayed local and there were only 30 dates so it didn't bring in a huge amount of revenue. I'm sure the majority of the money they make now is all from 2001 onwards...

Archived