There'll be no sunlight...

Kaleidoscope Eyes

Reyna picked a very great singer who not many know about: Travis Garland. This guy is very vocally gifted, I've been a huge fan since his NLT days. Versatile to the max, and possesses modulations like none other. He pulls off strength and tenderness with ease and he's got a very respectable range. All he needs is the right material and promotion, and the guy will have a great future.

Damn I forgot about Miguel and Jon B. :asham:, but I love what you said about my Travis. :wub: NLT and That Girl won my heart. I bought every single and downloaded the rest. I can't wait until he releases his next music. Hopefully he gets some good promotion. He deserves more than he's getting. Plus he can dance as well. Gosh I love him :wub:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am going to partly agree with Blatin here. And I'll tell you why:

It's not just his emotion, or his tone -- it's his delivery, and his strength and precision. The fact that he sings predominantly in chest voice, as opposed to the overrated and overused falsetto is another notch on his belt. However, he has a great falsetto as well. He sings with passion, intensity and a purpose -- while still remaining vulnerable. He doesn't over-do it, and never gets lost in the music.

However, there are a few that I would put right at his level. One being Miguel. Miguel isn't't quite as much of a powerhouse as Bruno, but the man is probably one of, if not the most versatile male vocalist out today. There are so many layers and facets to his voice, there really isn't a limit in sight. He's masterful at building up and peaking at just the right time in a track, never overindulging. Another one who isn't afraid to show off his precise chest voice, but equally hits you with a very impressive and POTENT falsetto.

Reyna picked a very great singer who not many know about: Travis Garland. This guy is very vocally gifted, I've been a huge fan since his NLT days. Versatile to the max, and possesses modulations like none other. He pulls off strength and tenderness with ease and he's got a very respectable range. All he needs is the right material and promotion, and the guy will have a great future.

I believe I have sung Lloyd's praises a few times on the board. He's a surprise, because I thought he was wack as hell when he first hit the scene. But over time, he has more than proven his worth. The best way to describe his worth is just to offer the title of a song in which he displays everything a talented singer needs to have: "Pusha" -- smooth, strong, fearless, affected vocals filled with range and perfect execution. Then flip it to "Valentine" to see great falsetto in action. Though I'm not a big fan of the false, he executes it very well.

And lastly, I offer one of my favorite R&B singers' talents as a top dog: Jon B. The man's talent is indisputable. Soulful to the max, excellent adlibs, silky smooth approach to love songs and slow cuts ("They Don't Know"), and gritty, in your face strong vocals to faster paced tracks ("Lately") -- Jon B. has the ability to execute both to perfection.

Okay :lol: I'm done for now.

Jon B is around my age..

Miguel is hit or miss..

Lloyd is pretty good but to me he is not confident enuff.

Travis.. I don't trust boys with bangs.. :filenails:

Damn I forgot about Miguel and Jon B. :asham:, but I love what you said about my Travis. :wub: NLT and That Girl won my heart. I bought every single and downloaded the rest. I can't wait until he releases his next music. Hopefully he gets some good promotion. He deserves more than he's getting. Plus he can dance as well. Gosh I love him :wub:

Reyna, we might have to have a serious discussion about NLT :lol: I think the bulk of their music was, believe it or not, phenomenal. I first discovered their music back in 2008, and I called them my greatest musical discovery in years. I have NEVER been a big fan of the pop boybands, but these guys were just great. Travis & Kevin's vocals compliment each other so well. It's on full display in songs like "That Girl" (brilliant 90's swaggerific pop should-be classic), "Karma", "Hollywood", "Heartburn", "Heart Attack" :excited: but the song that absolutely had me singing their praises..."Go"...what a masterpiece. Very comparable to NSYNC's "Gone" (which happens to be my favorite song of theirs despite the fact that Justin Timberlake sings solo lead the entire time and I HATE him -_-) except it's a far superior song. Perfection, both Kevin and Travis nail their vocals, but Travis sounds like a seasoned vet in the end. I dig about 95% of their discography :w00t: I used to talk about them in the old forum, but no one paid them any attention :sigh::lol:

Reyna, we might have to have a serious discussion about NLT :lol: I think the bulk of their music was, believe it or not, phenomenal. I first discovered their music back in 2008, and I called them my greatest musical discovery in years. I have NEVER been a big fan of the pop boybands, but these guys were just great. Travis & Jevar's vocals compliment each other so well. It's on full display in songs like "That Girl" (brilliant 90's swaggerific pop should-be classic), "Karma", "Hollywood", "Heartburn", "Heart Attack" :excited: but the song that absolutely had me singing their praises..."Go"...what a masterpiece. Very comparable to NSYNC's "Gone" (which happens to be my favorite song of theirs despite the fact that Justin Timberlake sings solo lead the entire time and I HATE him -_-) except it's a far superior song. Perfection, both Kevin and Travis nail their vocals, but Travis sounds like a seasoned vet in the end. I dig about 95% of their discography :w00t: I used to talk about them in the old forum, but no one paid them any attention :sigh::lol:

YES YES YES!!!! :excited: :excited:

I had the same reaction to them. I think the song after That Girl that hooked me most was She Said, I Said. My gosh that song and video were both amazing! Travis's and Kevin's falsettos and vibratos are both just golden. They really have amazing chords. I will NEVER understand, even with them being a pop boyband, why they didn't get too popular. I mean as a boyband they had all the IT factors and as artists they did, too. Gorgeous, great dancers, Trav and Kev could play instruments, they had it vocally. I don't get it. Material maybe? Promotion?

YES YES YES!!!! :excited: :excited:

I had the same reaction to them. I think the song after That Girl that hooked me most was She Said, I Said. My gosh that song and video were both amazing! Travis's and Kevin's falsettos and vibratos are both just golden. They really have amazing chords. I will NEVER understand, even with them being a pop boyband, why they didn't get too popular. I mean as a boyband they had all the IT factors and as artists they did, too. Gorgeous, great dancers, Trav and Kev could play instruments, they had it vocally. I don't get it. Material maybe? Promotion?

The Timbaland remix of "She Said, I Said" (the same vocals, just a different beat) IS excellent! I completely forgot about that song! I think SSIS may be the best representation of their vocal blends. They both sing with such a steady progression to an all out passionate emotionally charged musical climax in the end. I was shocked when I heard it. They definitely should have received the notoriety hey deserved. Chalk it up to nonexistent promo, terrible timing in the industry for boybands and a terrible manager/label head: Johnny Wright/Chris Stokes. Johnny Wright similarly ducked up the new Menudo's chances of stardom (don't know if you heard any of their material...but they are honestly equally as good Reyna :w00t:)

I don't understand it either, musically their sound was very urban pop and R&B...we know that the direction of popular music has changed drastically in the last 5 years, but they were more than capable of handling that switch. When I first came across them, I would have bet that they were gonna be huge, and I'd eventually get sick of them due to overexposure :lol: it's a shame that they weren't able to achieve success. -_-

The Timbaland remix of "She Said, I Said" (the same vocals, just a different beat) IS excellent! I completely forgot about that song! I think SSIS may be the best representation of their vocal blends. They both sing with such a steady progression to an all out passionate emotionally charged musical climax in the end. I was shocked when I heard it. They definitely should have received the notoriety hey deserved. Chalk it up to nonexistent promo, terrible timing in the industry for boybands and a terrible manager/label head: Johnny Wright/Chris Stokes. Johnny Wright similarly ducked up the new Menudo's chances of stardom (don't know if you heard any of their material...but they are honestly equally as good Reyna :w00t:)

I don't understand it either, musically their sound was very urban pop and R&B...we know that the direction of popular music has changed drastically in the last 5 years, but they were more than capable of handling that switch. When I first came across them, I would have bet that they were gonna be huge, and I'd eventually get sick of them due to overexposure :lol: it's a shame that they weren't able to achieve success. -_-

I heard the remix, I still prefer the original(not that it was bad, It's just rare that I like mixes :asham:) but yes you are entirely right. Trav is still good on his own. His mixtape is one of my all-time favorites. His falsetto is again flawless and the musical composition suits him very well. I'll definitely put it on the lack of promo and Stokes. I'll have to check out Menudo :lol:

Most anyone who really gave them time felt that they would have been highly successful. It's a huge shame it didn't happen for them. Hopefully Travis can get it on his own, and Kevin can break from Glee and get more solo work.

Archived