Pretty rare 1986-87 interview

jarrylf

It's been on Janetmedia forever but I dont know about all of you guys but the download NEVER worked for me until today, so I uploaded it to youtube since nobody else did. Anyway on this interview Janet had only done 3 videos, and she goes into details about making them and 1st working with Jimmy & Terry, and her plans for the future

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjLSf2Ur0b4

..............SOMETHING caught me with this, she said that she had a new album in the next year, and technically she did with Control:The Remixes, but..... Do you think she might've been planning on...even maybe started on a whole nother project? I've heard before (I cant remember from who or what forum)that she started 3 albums and then scrapped them and got to work on other stuff (specifically between Control & RN, & RN & Janet, & janet & A4Y.), I dont know but I kinda feel like she's done that at least once, but I've heard 3 times before. A

And this also REALLY makes me wonder about that Control Tour, I think it could've been hot, hotter than the RN tour? Maybe not, but hot on its own probably.

I really enjoyed this!

I'm sure she did have an another album planned that may have been scraped. Her plans probably changed...also the album ended up doing so well, it wasn't necessary for her to release anything until RN.

Yea I LOVED the details she gave on those 1st 3 videos and working on Control

and hell Im even digging the funky hair lol.

It REALLY makes me again wonder about the unreleased songs....damn I wish we had more.

The Control Tour would've been incredible. You just know it would've been funky from start to finish. :w00t: *drools at the thought*

And she'd perform all the songs in it's entirety rather than the silly medleys :excited:

This is probably the BEST interview I've seen from that era.

I agree completely she was so "baby talk" with most of the interviews in that era, sooooooo straight to the point and EXTRA soft voice (which I cant really stand, like its adorable...for the 1st 30secs lol, but Im for janet. era type interviews where she was using her full voice and more loose with interviews, the RN interviews are a inbetween of the 2), interesting that during alot of the interviews for JJ & DS she didnt come off as EXTRA soft spoken as she did in majority of the Control era interviews.

Archived