Naomi Watts to play Princess Diana

Kim

Naomi Watts To Play Princess Diana In Upcoming Biopic

Naomi Watts has signed on to play the late Princess Diana in "Caught In Flight," an upcoming biopic about the beloved royal.

"It is such an honor to be able to play this iconic role -- Princess Diana was loved across the world and I look forward to rising to the challenge of playing her on screen," Naomi told Variety.

The film -- directed by Oliver Hirschbiegel -- will focus on the final two years of Diana's life and chronicles "how finding true personal happiness for the first time allowed her to evolve into a major international campaigner and humanitarian," according to the trade mag.

Production on the film is set to begin later this year in Britain.

In addition to taking on the role of Princess Di, Naomi is also preparing to play yet another blond icon - Marilyn Monroe.

The 43-year-old actress has reportedly been cast as the legendary bombshell in "Blonde," directed by Andrew Dominik and penned by Joyce Carol Oates.

http://news.yahoo.com/naomi-watts-play-princess-diana-upcoming-biopic-164643084.html

----

Interesting choice.

Uhm, alright. I guess I can roll with that. I'd have chosen Nicole Kidman or Michelle Pfeiffer. Michelle definitely for Marilyn as well, as I read. But I suppose she'll do well.

Ekk not Nicole. I love her but I'm tired of seeing the same tired ole faces :lol:. Michelle would be great! I miss her. What's she doing lately?

Uhm, alright. I guess I can roll with that. I'd have chosen Nicole Kidman or Michelle Pfeiffer. Michelle definitely for Marilyn as well, as I read. But she is a nice choice.

I was thinking her too..but Naomi deserves some shine though..It's a nice fit for her..

Has anyone seen "Mother and Child"..she was fantastic in that movie..she blew me away. :wub:

she's in the new Tim Burton film along.side Johnny Depp and my Helena boo. I think its called Dark Shadows. :D

I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT FOR IT! :w00t:

I CAN'T FUCKING WAIT FOR IT! :w00t:

i cant wait either. the last time Tim Burton directed Michelle it was pure epic.ness that happend and now she is gonna be along.side the legendary Johnny Depp and the fantastic Helena B. Carter...and they are gonna be vampires...thats gonna be brilliant. :excited:

i cant wait either. the last time Tim Burton directed Michelle it was pure epic.ness that happend and now she is gonna be along.side the legendary Johnny Depp and the fantastic Helena B. Carter...and they are gonna be vampires...thats gonna be brilliant. :excited:

My Mom got me hooked on the tv show back when I was in the military..when I would come home to visit, she and I would watch it and she would fill me in on who was who..It came on the syfy channel. With a name like Barnabus Collins, how could you not like it.. :wub:

Ekk not Nicole. I love her but I'm tired of seeing the same tired ole faces :lol:. Michelle would be great! I miss her. What's she doing lately?

True. :lol: But this is Diana so I would want a well-versed actress to play her. Not that I don't think Naomi could pull her off. I'm intrigued by the choice. I will be seeing it. :) Right?! I haven't heard much from her except one movie last year and earlier one in 09. But this year she has two coming out, so they should be something to look forward to.

I was thinking her too..but Naomi deserves some shine though..It's a nice fit for her..

Has anyone seen "Mother and Child"..she was fantastic in that movie..she blew me away. :wub:

Good point. Nicole is like a first round pick. But Naomi has really made a name for herself. I look forward to seeing her.

Yes! That movie was flawless! Her acting was stellar :wub:

Good point. Nicole is like a first round pick. But Naomi has really made a name for herself. I look forward to seeing her.

Yes! That movie was flawless! Her acting was stellar :wub:

Was Princess Di tall? :unsure: When I read this I instantly thought of Nicole.

It was a fantastic movie..the acting was stellar..but Naomi stole the movie for me..she was nothing short of brilliant. :wub:

Was Princess Di tall? :unsure: When I read this I instantly thought of Nicole.

It was a fantastic movie..the acting was stellar..but Naomi stole the movie for me..she was nothing short of brilliant. :wub:

She was 5'10. So yeah, she had some height on her. :lol: Agreed.

You've got that right. She was wonderful in J.Edgar as well this last year. :wub:

She was 5'10. So yeah, she had some height on her. :lol: Agreed.

You've got that right. She was wonderful in J.Edgar as well this last year. :wub:

Hmmm..perfect for Nicole.. :ph34r:

Well damn..she was in J. Edgar..interestingly enough, she wasn't in any of the promo.. :blink::unsure: I only seen Armie and Leosus being featured.. :ph34r:

Hmmm..perfect for Nicole.. :ph34r:

Well damn..she was in J. Edgar..interestingly enough, she wasn't in any of the promo.. :blink::unsure: I only seen Armie and Leosus being featured.. :ph34r:

Exactly :lol:

Well the main characters of the movie are those two. :lol: I think I did see her for a glimpse in a one of the trailers.n