So... should we talk about Nicki Minaj's performance?

Aquaria

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This.

Tried to catapult her career to new highs and failed miserably. It was HORRENDOUS

she flopped harder then precious when she fell down those steps... all she needed was precious momma to throw a tv @ her :filenails:

*sigh*

Here's the thing. Nicki is more than one-dimensional, she is not just a rapper. She's also studied singing and acting. She's never wanted to be stuck in a box or in one lane, she wants the crossover success.

The problem is...she's at her best when she's rapping and that's what her fans want. She hasn't mastered singing or acting yet, but she's trying to BLEND all of these ingredients into one pot and it just isn't working!

Another issue is that Lady GaGa was already a superstar and known for her eccentric performances/clothes before Nicki got attention with Young Money's "Bedrock", so all of the bizarre wardrobe and onstage antics will always be compared to Lady GaGa, who does it more authentically.

The wigs? Fine. The crazy voice? Fine. The alter egos? Fine. Sometimes rapping, sometimes singing? Fine. Wanting to do both Rap/Urban/R&B and Pop? Fine. But it's TOO MUCH, TOO SOON. She seems almost lost as if she's trying to be 10 people at once rather than it being a natural progression.

I really felt like she lost her sense (and sanity) on Sunday night, but now she's releasing yet ANOTHER single today, an all out pop record called "Starships". :crazy:

:lmao::lmao::lmao: Well you thinking like a negro.. :shifty:

That's cuz i keep posting on this forum packed of them :rolleyes: Good thing yall can't reach my wallet :shifty:

volta, you white?

Whiter than cocaine -_-

:lmao:

ok me and you carry the Tv and get khia to throw it

Since we taking that Moose with us why can't She carry it? :umm:

The problem is...she's at her best when she's rapping and that's what her fans want. She hasn't mastered singing or acting yet, but she's trying to BLEND all of these ingredients into one pot and it just isn't working!

I agree..she's doing way to much..instead of trying to make a solid rap/hip hop record, she delving to much into the pop scene.. -_-

I agree..she's doing way to much..instead of trying to make a solid rap/hip hop record, she delving to much into the pop scene.. -_-

BALANCE is the key. She's technically the only relevant female rapper on the charts currently. There is a way to blend hip-hop and pop together, she doesn't have to be so extreme with either, though I do prefer when she does hip-hop.

I never liked Super Bass, even though it's a nice balance of singing and rapping, it's too cutesy and too pop for my liking.

BALANCE is the key. She's technically the only relevant female rapper on the charts currently. There is a way to blend hip-hop and pop together, she doesn't have to be so extreme with either, though I do prefer when she does hip-hop.

I never liked Super Bass, even though it's a nice balance of singing and rapping, it's too cutesy and too pop for my liking.

I couldn't get into Super Bass..but it was a hit so I give props where props is due..but I just miss the old Nicki.. -_-

That's cuz i keep posting on this forum packed of them :rolleyes: Good thing yall can't reach my wallet :shifty:

Whiter than cocaine -_-

Since we taking that Moose with us why can't She carry it? :umm:

Considering we already would have jacked you for it.. :shifty: And you prolly ain't got no money but some lint in it.. :rolleyes:

omfg :lmao::lmao::lmao: i cant with you this morning :lmao:

he sold a lots of oranges and kiwi last week so he should be paid :lmao:

Archived