Did anyone else LOVE this Brandy song?

LyricalLesson

I've heard so many say that this song was wack. WACK :blink: . . . call me crazy, but this song, imo of course, single-handedly merked EVERYTHING off of "Human", and it was a damn unreleased track. Insane.

This song is most likely in my top 3 favorite Brandy songs of all time...maybe even my favorite. The Underdogs gave Brandy the most gangsta beat in her catalog :dance: -- the feisty, confident and in-your-face/matter-of-fact lyrics match the beat's gangsta :w00t: -- the vocals...my oh my, the vocals: Brandy goes from heartfelt emotion in her upper register (as the victim) in the first verse -- to the bad ass broad who's tellin' it like it is in her hypnotic lower register -- to letting it all hang out like a diva in the homestrech, ad-libs and all! :wub: She tore it the f*** up, the swagger that emits from the track is evident from the very first sec. to the very last sec. is EFFORTLESS!

I'm not late, I'm just re-discovering a phenomenal Hip Hop Soul track :excited:

I loved this one :wub:! Her unreleased ones during that era were too good! She could make a solid album from her unreleased stuff.

She definitely could! Another one of her unreleased tracks I really like is "The Jones"...love the overall feel of the record, and I really love the lyrics -- describes so many people I personally know -_-

I've heard so many say that this song was wack. WACK :blink: . . . call me crazy, but this song, imo of course, single-handedly merked EVERYTHING off of "Human", and it was a damn unreleased track. Insane.

such a hard feat..

but anyway.. :lol: I've been playing this on REPEAT..becuz I forgot all about this song. PERFECTION! :mellow:

Archived