The Immortal World Tour Breaks Records – #1 Show in America

Idrag4mj

Michael Jackson The IMMORTAL World Tour is the #1 tour in America and has been since the show’s US premiere in Las Vegas last December, according to Pollstar magazine, the concert tour industry’s leading trade publication.

2509_1396.jpg

The show is breaking box office records: Over the weekend in Miami, IMMORTAL was sold out three nights in a row and set a new record as the top grossing 3-day run in the history of the American Airlines Arena. Fans around the country have been tremendously supportive, and what’s more, the show’s incredible musical performances, choreography and visuals have drawn new fans to Michael’s music and legacy. It’s the biggest, most successful tour in the country! This is just what Michael would have wanted and deserves. Michael has always been and will always be the Biggest Star in the World thanks to his fans!

http://www.mjjunderground.com/2012/03/06/the-immortal-world-tour-breaks-records-1-show-in-america/

Just incredible ..according to the LA times it has sold over 1million tickets in North america alone and probably has grossed close to $200mill and they keep adding dates....it will be heading to europe afer north america for a 6month run ..and then asia

its rumored to run until 2014 ...i think they are coming for U2's tour record

When this was first announced, I wanted to see it sooooooooo bad. We go to Cirque every time they're in town, but Michael AND Cirque together?! But of course they go to every major city in my state besides the one I live in <_<

:excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

Cirque always gives some of the most incredible shows you could ever see in your life. I've seen so many of their shows over the years and am always amazed by what they do. Adding Michael into it? That's a show too indescribable. Just one you have to see to understand the magnificence and wonder. I'll be seeing it three times, if all goes well. See Janet twice more as well :thumbup:

Michael Jackson The IMMORTAL World Tour is the #1 tour in America and has been since the show’s US premiere in Las Vegas last December, according to Pollstar magazine, the concert tour industry’s leading trade publication.

2509_1396.jpg

The show is breaking box office records: Over the weekend in Miami, IMMORTAL was sold out three nights in a row and set a n

its rumored to run until 2014 ...i think they are coming for U2's tour record

I hope so..I'm tired of U2 shitting on EVERYONE tourwise... :umm::lol:

I hope so..I'm tried of U2 shitting on EVERYONE tourwise... :umm::lol:

Lol i know....U2 has snatched too many wigs recently the only thing is it will be difficult for Cirque or take a longer time because u2 were playing stadiums and cirque is doing arena's ..cos the show doesnt work well in a stadium ....if cirque also did stadiums..they would have broken the records by now

Meantime, the newest Cirque show to open in Las Vegas will be the Michael Jackson permanent spectacular at Mandalay Bay. “We are in full construction mode now,“ Daniel said. “The theater is being renovated, and the equipment is being redesigned. It is all set for Mandalay Bay -- there’s no chance of the show going anywhere else in Vegas. We are on target and on schedule for the May 13 opening next year.

“The big difference between the touring show and the new permanent show is that this one will be much more theatrical. The month residency of the touring show in Mandalay Bay helped us tweak it. It’s even better now than when you saw it here. It has been No. 1 on the Pollstar box office rankings since the New Year began. It will remain in North America until the fall.”

“We then go to Europe for six months. We’d marked London for six dates, but they sold out immediately just to Cirque club members. We’re looking to add at least three more shows there. It’s a stampede in Asia with the promoters there, so we’re now putting that part of the plan into place.”

“A show of this kind would normally run two years, and now we’re looking at three, maybe four years. Many cities here in North America were sold out, so we would like the show to come back for repeat dates -- but not on this side of the country because we don’t want to cannibalize the new Mandalay show.”

Archived