Why do white people always bring up slavery?

EphraimAdamz

This video pissed off a ton of people but definitely brought up some intense discussions... No one read the description or understood what audience I was trying to capture so I got called racist about 1000 times after this

So I had to make a 30 min video to clarify what was said.

This video pissed off a ton of people but definitely brought up some intense discussions... No one read the description or understood what audience I was trying to capture so I got called racist about 1000 times after this

30 min tho? I can barely sit thru an episode of True Blood without forwarding to the good shit :unsure:

Corrections:

UK employers have to employ a certain amount of people from minority background.

UK government has black people in the cabinet.

The fact is that the UK is no better or worse than America for black people. It just depends on whether you'd prefer to be called a ni99er to your face or behind your back basically

sorry Paul, but that's absolute BULLSHIT ... ethnic minorities in the UK don't even come half as close to the level of success that those in the U.S do. Why are so many ethnic minorities in the UK convinced that britain is so accomodating for all minorities in every field. It's absolute bullshit. Sorry, but Americans surpass the UK on so many levels in terms of social mobility for all. Not saying the UK doesn't provide (to an extent) but it's definatly no major mover in that department

You referenced MP's who are in the House of commons. The Cabinet and the House of commons are two entirely different divisions of the government. Cabinet has 22 members, all white men, middle to upper class and the head of most major government departments. They make the most important decisions on legislation. In my eyes, that's disgraceful. Compared to Washington DC, blacks work right throughout all the important governing bodies in every legislative department. Don't get it twisted, because they DO NOT in the UK. I'm sorry, the US may have it's share of bullshit, but even I can say that as a brit who now lives in the US, the US has done extremely well in social progress for minorities in comparison to the UK in such a short space of time. Damn, it's 2012 and the UK still hardly even makes any of the black footballers the team managers in the premier league. It's wayyyyy behind

Those commentators kill me.

It really doesn't matter if your family didn't own slaves. This country was built on slavery. So if you are white then you benefit from slavery. The moment your family steps on American soil they are benefiting from slavery. People always want to come to America and reap its benefits/opportunity, yet they don't ever want to help with the existing problems at hand. When I have dinner at someone else's house I always volunteer to clean the table or wash the dishes. It should be the same for America.