Janet makes Rolling Stones 50 Greatest Albums (Women Who Rock Edition)

jarrylf

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/lists/women-who-rock-the-50-greatest-albums-of-all-time-20120622/janet-jackson-rhythm-nation-19691231

Recently I spoke on the lack of respect I give Rollingstone because of their continued shade on Janet. Well tho it would seem her being mentioned is a step forward (especially with Mariah & Whitney not being included at all), but would you look at what's placed before it? Adele? Gaga? Mary J.? I love the 3 but nothing in their discography over rules RN or TVR. I'm not saying this list is shitty because Janet's not #1, or even top 10, I'm saying because certain shitty albums made the list, and certain good albums are listed higher than better albums (The Miseducation being listed BEHIND 4loor= irrelevant list all together, I mean really).

I think with these lists they will always put the new girls ahead of some of the better "older" girls simply because they're fresh on the mind. In 10 years time albums like Born This Way will be a distant memory while Rhythm Nation is still being praised.

*not seen the list*

This list is a mess and a half, this is what happens when RS tries so hard to gain some relevancy with the younger generations. The list of best women breakthroughs or w/e is even worse.

At least this time Janet was mentioned.