Janet kinda shits all over Michael, no?

LawdToday

I think she has more number 1 album debuts than Michael

I'm afraid not. They both had an equal amount debut at #1. Michael with Bad, Dangerous, HIStory and Invincible. Janet's albums janet., The Velvet Rope, All For You and Discipline debuted at #1. This Is It debuted at number - if you include that...then Michael has more #1 debuts. Janet has more #1 peaks (Control and RN1814 climbed to #1...they didn't debut there)

• Upvote 3

Once she released "Control", she sure did. 

But this clip is Janet in rare form.  Her hair flips.  Her turns.  Her mastery of dance and the stage. :sighs:

But it was the subsequent performance of "You" that forever slays my entire existence.  The choreography was dope(Tina did that) and I love the dark theme to fit with the lyrics.  It was the punch in the gut that was visually stunning.  Tomahawked my scalp tbh. 

I just happened to scroll down on some of the comments on her RN video on Vevo and MJ fans think he choreographed that  :blink:

Young MJ stans and/or those MJ stans that still resent Janet. 

They both have strengths and weaknesses that the other can't match. To compare .. is hard, really.

This is probably the best answer in the thread.... and it came from you....  :o  I'm shocked, but pleased! :clapping:

• Upvote 1

They both have strengths and weaknesses that the other can't match. To compare .. is hard, really.

Let's list them.. Start with weaknesses

MJ:

Napping with male children

The Ability to not sleep

The ability to find hospital drugs

Pepsi commercials

Janet Jackson

Janet's weaknesses:

Justin Timberlake

Look here,Trick! Backhanded ones ,don't count :rolleyes:

Now, Days... We've had this discussion numerous times. Please stop confusing your THOT like ways with me.  :sigh:

MJ:

The Ability to not sleep

Pepsi commercials

Janet Jackson

Janet's weaknesses:

Justin Timberlake

:rolleyes:

MJ:

The Ability to not sleep

Pepsi commercials

Janet Jackson

Janet's weaknesses:

Justin Timberlake

Add the following to Janet:

inability to step inside a studio or confirm she's working on a new album

Trolling fans

Recording shit music post Superbowl

Paying the world dust

The beotch is pissing me off as of late

Nah. Janet is a more well rounded talent. MJ is a better singer, no doubt about that. As for dancing, at their respective ages, Janet is better. More experimentation, more creativity, more evolution. Just more everything. She understood dance better than MJ, and it shows when you look at their performances. Don't even need to address the acting, and as an artist Janet is better for the same reasons why she's a better dancer than him.

A lot of MJ's talents were gassed up my media and fans. But when you remove that fact, you realize how "okay" he was as an artist. I think that's why I began to gravitate away from him. 

Add the following to Janet:

inability to step inside a studio or confirm she's working on a new album

Trolling fans

Recording shit music post Superbowl

Paying the world dust

The beotch is pissing me off as of late

Maria has you feeling some type of way sis?

BSS2-vi.gif

Nah. Janet is a more well rounded talent. MJ is a better singer, no doubt about that. As for dancing, at their respective ages, Janet is better. More experimentation, more creativity, more evolution. Just more everything. She understood dance better than MJ, and it shows when you look at their performances. Don't even need to address the acting, and as an artist Janet is better for the same reasons why she's a better dancer than him.

A lot of MJ's talents were gassed up my media and fans. But when you remove that fact, you realize how "okay" he was as an artist. I think that's why I began to gravitate away from him.

When I tell people this they look at me like I'm crazy. If you study Mj's moves you will see that they were basically the same moves done over and over again with a little twik here and there. If you look at Janet from era to era her moves were always evolving. She was always trying to incorporate something new and fresh. Janet also tackled a lot of subjects in her music that Mj wouldn't dare touch. She is the all around better artist in my opinion.
  • Upvote 2