Janet just performed "Night" for her last show in Hawaii!!!

JoeJoe

Parris and Luther are doing projects of their own so no.. There was no time, obviously, to choreograph this number. 

But I guess you and others have to nitpick everything bc you're bitter about this era 

She just stood there the whole time and sang the song. She didn't bring the song to life. I might as well had just put up a picture of her on tour and played the damn song on iTunes. :umm: 

Sure wasn't a problem with choreo when she did WWO on the #1s tour in Vegas. 

I'll give her the benefit of the doubt that this is just a teaser, and the real performance is coming during the next leg. 

• Downvote 1

She just stood there the whole time and sang the song. She didn't bring the song to life. I might as well had just put up a picture of her on tour and played the damn song on iTunes. :umm: 

I'll give her the benefit of the doubt that this is just a teaser, and the real performance is coming during the next leg. 

I do love the vocals and i'm sure she'll add dancers later. I doubt Janet is that delusional to leave dancing out of this song lol. I will say after seeing it performed I was like "ok I guess" but at least the crowd got to see it although the dj played it at least 2 or 3 times before the show anyway

Edited by JoeJoe

Um...yea cause it was the same circumstance with the Choreographer not being available....oh wait .....:umm:he was....

She didn't bring the song to life for YOU, her vocals did it for others.:coffee: 

Edited by jarrylf
  • Upvote 1

Um...yea cause it was the same circumstance with the Choreographer not being available....oh wait .....:umm:he was....

She didn't bring the song to life for YOU, her vocals did it for others.:coffee: 

You clearly don't know what it means to transcend the song, but okay. Drag a bit sis. I guess.

• Upvote 1

No choreography for a dancer like Janet is definitely a "big deal." She sounded great though.

*back to watching The Velvet Rope Tour*

i'm sure she'll add choreography lol. She always watches a review of herself performing and sees where she can do better. She's said that before. She's off for a few days and will be in Japan on the 19th. We'll see soon enough

But does Janet need to do choreography for every single song?  To be honest I know I'm going to be on my own on this but I didn't think "I Get Lonely" needed choreography.  When I first saw the video I thought it was a bit cheesy....just didn't make sense to me at first but I grew to love it as the choreography was amazing and became a staple for the song as well.  But I still want my Janet show where she performs all her b sides and fan favorite non singles like Empty, My Need, Lonely behind a mic stand.  I know Janet has it in her to do this and entertain us with this style and her voice alone.  That's why I was thrilled it was her singing with a hand mic and moving around moving her arms towards the sky feeling the groove of the song.  I think with some choreographed production with lighting and her background dancers they will come up with something that will please everyone but I loved it! 

• Upvote 4

But does Janet need to do choreography for every single song?  To be honest I know I'm going to be on my own on this but I didn't think "I Get Lonely" needed choreography.  When I first saw the video I thought it was a bit cheesy....just didn't make sense to me at first but I grew to love it as the choreography was amazing and became a staple for the song as well.  But I still want my Janet show where she performs all her b sides and fan favorite non singles like Empty, My Need, Lonely behind a mic stand.  I know Janet has it in her to do this and entertain us with this style and her voice alone.  That's why I was thrilled it was her singing with a hand mic and moving around moving her arms towards the sky feeling the groove of the song.  I think with some choreographed production with lighting and her background dancers they will come up with something that will please everyone but I loved it! 

LOL same as I did. I didn't think I Get Lonely needed choreography but she did it and it went well. Now "Night" is a club banger especially overseas and Janet knows this. IDK why she giving us Mariah Carey teas sitting there boppin' to the song when she should be slaying lol. 

"Night" is a song that calls for choreography. Not a full fledged routine, but where Janet exercises her flexibility as a dancer and employs dance to complement the overall performance. Something to the tune of SOTW on the RN1814 Tour. An uptempo dance track is not a "stand still with a mic and sing" type of song.

• Upvote 1

i'm sure she'll add choreography lol. She always watches a review of herself performing and sees where she can do better. She's said that before. She's off for a few days and will be in Japan on the 19th. We'll see soon enough

Unless they worked on choreo months ago...I doubt they have even had time

Unless they worked on choreo months ago...I doubt they have even had time

True. I'm sure she'll put more effort into it. This was just like a test run to introduce the song. Now she'll have a few days to do something since she'll be in Japan on the 19th. I'm wondering how she's gonna perform the "No Sleeep"(AFSheen mix) when she gets to Japan. I hope somebody over there puts it online. I'll be periscoping for sure to find out

LOL same as I did. I didn't think I Get Lonely needed choreography but she did it and it went well. Now "Night" is a club banger especially overseas and Janet knows this. IDK why she giving us Mariah Carey teas sitting there boppin' to the song when she should be slaying lol. 

I would love choreography for the song especially if they make it into a video.  I'm simply talking about the tour......I think they can think outside the box and do some choreography that is fluid and not so structured is all. It would make the song more appealing and vulnerable. 

• Upvote 1

True. I'm sure she'll put more effort into it. This was just like a test run to introduce the song. Now she'll have a few days to do something since she'll be in Japan on the 19th. I'm wondering how she's gonna perform the "No Sleeep"(AFSheen mix) when she gets to Japan. I hope somebody over there puts it online. I'll be periscoping for sure to find out

She would probably do the other remix

I would love choreography for the song especially if they make it into a video.  I'm simply talking about the tour......I think they can think outside the box and do some choreography that is fluid and not so structured is all. It would make the song more appealing and vulnerable. 

Ah ok and I was thinking something along the lines of "Rock With U" which wasn't structured at all. I loved it. "Night" has that kind of feel to it just like "Rock With U" where you can just groove and mid tempo dance to except for the break in "Night" where it gets fast lol

She would probably do the other remix

nope she said she's gonna do the AFSheen mix in Japan