Is she embarrassed of the "janet" and "RN" tours?

Dal

I'm sure she'd get good views for BET on BET. 

I doubt it'd be popular on Netflix either but that's the easiest and least expensive option. 

She wouldn't 

doesn't have to and it's not going to be popular (in case you haven't noticed, old tour footage isn't something people sit and watch on basic cable) but it's more widely accepted and can reach her base without deluding the product with commercials, edits, time zones, and air internationally. Fans can watch when they please and fans can pause rewind etc. 

Correct. Throwing her tours on Netflix, the Millenials would get a chance to relive Janet's glory days while her old fans get to relive their 20s

Edited by Game
  • Upvote 1

She wouldn't 

doesn't have to and it's not going to be popular (in case you haven't noticed, old tour footage isn't something people sit and watch on basic cable) but it's more widely accepted and can reach her base without deluding the product with commercials, edits, time zones, and air internationally. Fans can watch when they please and fans can pause rewind etc. 

Correct. Throwing her tours on Netflix, the Millenials would get a chance to relive Janet's glory days while her old fans get to relive their 20s

If a TLC movie can get the views it did then I have hope in Janet at least getting decent views. Mind you Bey didn't get the best views with her HBO and she's one of the biggest entertainers out right now. 

Would BET need commercials during? Why doesn't HBO have commercials? Or does it?

I'm always correct :gaycat:

If a TLC movie can get the views it did then I have hope in Janet at least getting decent views. Mind you Bey didn't get the best views with her HBO and she's one of the biggest entertainers out right now. 

Would BET need commercials during? Why doesn't HBO have commercials? Or does it?

I'm always correct :gaycat:

A TLC movie is not the same as a concert special. 

I don't see a market for releasing old tours on HBO or basic cable (Legends not doing it).. HBO's market is already small (800k for their streaming service) compared to Netflix's international subscription (43 million). 

HBO does not have commercials... BET would bc that's how they earn money 

P!nk has/had her previous tour on Netflix (Truth about love tour)

Edited by Game

I don't see a market for releasing old tours on HBO or basic cable (Legends not doing it).. HBO's market is already small (800k for their streaming service) compared to Netflix's international subscription (43 million). 

They have a similar audience

but yeah concerts have no business being on a DVD these days. Not many artists do it anymore. The last one I know of was Adeles 21 tour and that was the label capitalising off of her monster success. Janet is independent so it would be an even bigger loss for her. 

I think it's because those tours look old and boring compared to what she's done after. Way less effects, screens, stage props, and pyrotechnics. That's the only reason why I think she hasn't released them. I wonder why a while back did she tweet that pic of the janet.tour on a monitor in the studio

yea I think that's what I'm getting at..

With video editing and technology today...they can make tours look more grand whether if they're old or just a lackluster show. I was gonna throw a lil shade at a specific artists live show compared to their dvd concerts but Imma leave it alone... anyway I dont think its a specific reason she hasnt released em or maybe she is tryna get the quality aspect to her liking...and tbh the fact that she even spoke of possibly releasing them in the future is to her credit cus I cant think of ANY artist who ended up releasing old tours they've done on dvd. If an artists didnt do a vhs or dvd release at the time of that specific tour...it usually never gets released. So if Janet did release them...it would be more of a treat than an obligation cus artists usually dont do that for old tours.

With that said RN tour was her best vocally cus it was her most live tour ever and it was just straight up about showmaship. Im glad she didnt have a bunch of smoke and mirrors for her first tour cus it displayed how much of a kick ass performer she is. 

And the janet tour simply kicked ass cus of her attitude and the look of her show/stage was the best imo out of all her ttours. I still til.this day remember what that stage setup  looked like in person. My absolute favorite. I was NEVER in love with TVR tour stage at all. 

I'm not sure if you guys have seen/are aware of Qello Concert TV.. It's an app I use on my PS4, but I think can also be used online and through iPhones and most devices.. 

But it's basically the "Netflix" of old tours and concerts and one-night-only music events.. They have a ton of old concerts and update their content regularly.. Old shows from Queen, David Bowie, U2, etc etc.. And even current artists like Bey and Gaga and all that..

A lot of the shows were only made available specifically for Qello, regardless of how long ago they were actually produced..

all I'm saying is that there are several different outlets she can choose to release these through, and even after she says she's going to release them, she doesn't..

yea I think that's what I'm getting at..

I'm not sure if you guys have seen/are aware of Qello Concert TV.. It's an app I use on my PS4, but I think can also be used online and through iPhones and most devices.. 

But it's basically the "Netflix" of old tours and concerts and one-night-only music events.. They have a ton of old concerts and update their content regularly.. Old shows from Queen, David Bowie, U2, etc etc.. And even current artists like Bey and Gaga and all that..

A lot of the shows were only made available specifically for Qello, regardless of how long ago they were actually produced..

all I'm saying is that there are several different outlets she can choose to release these through, and even after she says she's going to release them, she doesn't..

It's not on Apple TV or other streaming devices

She never gave a tentative date or time frame but they'll be released. Maybe she'll wait until she retires or 20 years from now. You never know. Be patient

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's not on Apple TV or other streaming devices

She never gave a tentative date or time frame but they'll be released. Maybe she'll wait until she retires or 20 years from now. You never know. Be patient

that's weird, I have Qello on my iPhone so figured it'd def be on apple tv.. Oh well.. And what do you mean by "other" streaming devices? Like all others..? ??

And obviously she didn't give any dates lol.. But I don't think when she said on live TV that she was "going to release them" that she was inferring she'll wait another 8 years at minimum! ?

I mean she's had the full rights to both of these shows and recordings since 2006 I believe.. 

that's weird, I have Qello on my iPhone so figured it'd def be on apple tv.. Oh well.. And what do you mean by "other" streaming devices? Like all others..? ??

And obviously she didn't give any dates lol.. But I don't think when she said on live TV that she was "going to release them" that she was inferring she'll wait another 8 years at minimum! ?

I mean she's had the full rights to both of these shows and recordings since 2006 I believe.. 

Well there's so many including gaming consoles. It's not actively available on all smart TVs or PS4.. Apple TV but all other streaming device. It's subscription based w/ 3 million subscribers world wide. It would totally work but I feel NetFlix has the bigger base  

Thats where assuming only makes an ass out of yourself. She said she will release them but under her terms and her time... Not some arbitrary time limit you set for her to release it 

Timing is everything and patience is virtue. We waited 7 years for an album.. You can wait to view her tours in HD

Edited by Game

They have a similar audience

but yeah concerts have no business being on a DVD these days. Not many artists do it anymore. The last one I know of was Adeles 21 tour and that was the label capitalising off of her monster success. Janet is independent so it would be an even bigger loss for her. 

Hell no concerts don't belong on DVD.. Should be Bluray but still. Beyonce, Adele, & P!nksus are the only artists that has done it lately (that I can recall). A streaming service is best in this day & age. Even if Janet bundles it together, still not worth it and is a risk

Yea I can't help but ":blink:" at embarassed too, what she was usually speaking of her looks (the weight I think) and the choreography in specifically the Control videos above all. I don't know if it's been said already but if it has, to reiderate, the 2 out of 7 of her tours that have a commercial release, were HBO, the others weren't aired on any format that dealt with the didstribution like HBO could, thus it'd be something tat requires more work on distribution than maybe she's willing to do when as said she likely wouldn't make as much off of it as she did off of the 2 that were released.

• Upvote 2

Post pone, deffer, delay. Whatever. My point still stands. She's been evading the release of these concerts for an ETERNITY. It's cruel of her to continual make promises that she can't keep. Especially for such a long time. 

If she thinks a dvd/digital release isn't worth the investment, like you suggested earlier in this thread, I wonder why she doesn't simply upload the songs onto her youtube channel? Or official website. A lot less hassle. 

Edited by katara
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

At this point its not about a profit per se, because Im sure the album "Unbreakable" wasnt a big profit she did it for the fans. As fans we are asking again, that these tours be released, we have asked her directly for years now. As for distribution, she has more options available now than ever before, like most film makers, if you wanted to you could upload it to Youtube and be done.

• Upvote 2

Post pone, deffer, delay. Whatever. My point still stands. She's been evading the release of these concerts for an ETERNITY. It's cruel of her to continual make promises that she can't keep. Especially for such a long time. 

If she thinks a dvd/digital release isn't worth the investment, like you suggested earlier in this thread, I wonder why she doesn't simply upload the songs onto her youtube channel? Or official website. A lot less hassle. 

I don't recall her promising anything ever. 

A DVD release is pointless but she's going to give it away for free. 

Sounds like you and Dal need to be MORE patient or not. Doesn't matter. She's not going to rush to release her tours bc you say so.. There's nothing more you or I can do about that. 

At this point its not about a profit per se, because Im sure the album "Unbreakable" wasnt a big profit she did it for the fans. As fans we are asking again, that these tours be released, we have asked her directly for years now. As for distribution, she has more options available now than ever before, like most film makers, if you wanted to you could upload it to Youtube and be done.

That's where you're wrong. BMG said Unbreakable was profitable and the fact that there was zero promo tour, she saved even more 

And again, she's not going to give her tour away for free. Her best bet is NetFlix since they have a huge bank and a HUGE following. That way, everyone in every country Netflix is available in can stream it for $10 and Jan can make a lump sum 

I don't recall her promising anything ever. 

A DVD release is pointless but she's going to give it away for free. 

Sounds like you and Dal need to be MORE patient or not. Doesn't matter. She's not going to rush to release her tours bc you say so.. There's nothing more you or I can do about that. 

That's where you're wrong. BMG said Unbreakable was profitable and the fact that there was zero promo tour, she saved even more 

And again, she's not going to give her tour away for free. Her best bet is NetFlix since they have a huge bank and a HUGE following. That way, everyone in every country Netflix is available in can stream it for $10 and Jan can make a lump sum 

i hear all dat but I dont care, release the tours please Janet :sigh:

• Upvote 1

I think it simply has to do with visual and audio quality. It might not be up to par.

I guess that's a possibility.. Although she has made it a point to state that these tours were originally filmed in high definition.. Now whether that means 1080p or 4K high definition or not remains to be seen, but still sounds like she knew these were filmed with "releaseable" quality..

plus if you go look at some of the Queen concerts put out through Qello, they are by no means "great quality" by any sort.. Plus the fact that the MJ estate released the Bad Tour in cringe-worthy VHS quality, I'd say that probably takes away from the theory that Janet's tours are unreleased simply due to video quality.. ?

• Upvote 1

I guess that's a possibility.. Although she has made it a point to state that these tours were originally filmed in high definition.. Now whether that means 1080p or 4K high definition or not remains to be seen, but still sounds like she knew these were filmed with "releaseable" quality..

plus if you go look at some of the Queen concerts put out through Qello, they are by no means "great quality" by any sort.. Plus the fact that the MJ estate released the Bad Tour in cringe-worthy VHS quality, I'd say that probably takes away from the theory that Janet's tours are unreleased simply due to video quality.. ?

Im sorry but your conclusion is still baseless. And the way you carry on with assuming is baffling to me. Those acts had bad quality material released fine but what on earth does that have to do with Janet? Just cause theirs is poor ..Janet shouldnt care to put out quality? Like, huh...what? You know already know this lady is a perfectionist. She is not the type to just throw her fans anything just to shut them up. She's not made like that. She's alot like Mike in a sense of "If its not right and/or satisfactory to me, it wont see the light of day". Especially with Janet knowing how bad her fans want the release...she's not just gonna throw out sum crappy shit for them. And actually I dont feel there may be an actual reason as to WHY she hasnt released it yet. It simply may have nothing to do with any of what we are assuming it can solely be that its just not a priority and that she is just procrastinating.   Its life. It happens. Its human. Chill, its not that serious. Especially when its baseless assumptions. 

Edited by janetDAYZ
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Im sorry but your conclusion is still baseless. And the way you carry on with assuming is baffling to me. Those acts had bad quality material released fine but what on earth does that have to do with Janet? Just cause theirs is poor ..Janet shouldnt care to put out quality? Like, huh...what? You know already know this lady is a perfectionist. She is not the type to just throw her fans anything just to shut them up. She's not made like that. She's alot like Mike in a sense of "If its not right and/or satisfactory to me, it wont see the light of day". Especially with Janet knowing how bad her fans want the release...she's not just gonna throw out sum crappy shit for them. And actually I dont feel there may be an actual reason as to WHY she hasnt released it yet. It simply may have nothing to do with any of what we are assuming it can solely be that its just not a priority and that she is just procrastinating.   Its life. It happens. Its human. Chill, its not that serious. Especially when its baseless assumptions. 

is this not a discussion board homie..?? Can we not discuss shit that comes to mind..??

and from her own lips she said they were filmed in HD.. So quality ain't the issue my dude..

go take your meds and kick back bruh lol

• Upvote 1