Madonna drags celebs silent on political issues

T.C

Madonna's interview comes right ahead of the president-elect's swearing-in ceremony on 20 January. The singer says she is astonished by the silence maintained by most in the entertainment business.

"Nobody takes a political stance or expresses an opinion", Madonna said, "They want to maintain a neutral position so they can maintain their popularity. According to her, stars and celebrities don't speak out of fear of being "blacklisted" or losing "followers on Instagram".

"Everyone's really afraid. Because it doesn't affect their daily life yet, no one's doing anything about it," the songstress quipped.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/madonna-has-tough-time-accepting-donald-trumps-presidency-its-like-nightmare-1600616

Lmao 

I agree to some extent. I mean Rhythm Nation 1814 is an example of how a celeb can voice their concerns. 

But how many celebs spoke up and campaigned for Hilary and against trump? It was almost all of the A-Listers. Yet he still won. 

Why "lmao"? :unsure: 

I don't necessarily agree. For example if Janet didn't like Hillary either, why should she be expected to say anything? 

I'm sure that's why some celebs were silent this election. 

Edited by T.C

I don't necessarily agree. For example if Janet didn't like Hillary either, why should she be expected to say anything? 

I'm sure that's why some celebs were silent this election. 

But like I said to Game... don't you want to know? If Janet supported Trump, wouldn't you want to know THAT'S who she is? That's what this election was, who you are and what you believe in. So if you're an asshole, I want to know. If you want to fuck the world, support the elite, gut education, gut healthcare, reverse women's rights, reverse gay rights, etc, I want to fucking know. So if Janet came out and said she was pro Trump I would dump her shit in the trash and light it on fire.

I agree to some extent. I mean Rhythm Nation 1814 is an example of how a celeb can voice their concerns. 

But how many celebs spoke up and campaigned for Hilary and against trump? It was almost all of the A-Listers. Yet he still won. 

Americans, especially the older ones, don't care what celebs think. As you grow older, most don't care.

• Upvote 2

But like I said to Game... don't you want to know? If Janet supported Trump, wouldn't you want to know THAT'S who she is? That's what this election was, who you are and what you believe in. So if you're an asshole, I want to know. If you want to fuck the world, support the elite, gut education, gut healthcare, reverse women's rights, reverse gay rights, etc, I want to fucking know. So if Janet came out and said she was pro Trump I would dump her shit in the trash and light it on fire.

If Janet supported either candidate I would be disappointed. A few of my favourite artists supportered Hillary and it's left a bad taste in my mouth considering how corrupt and war hungry she is. Neither were a good option. That's why I love Janet even more for keeping her mouth shut. 

Edited by T.C
  • Upvote 1

If Janet supported either candidate I would be disappointed. A few of my favourite artists supportered Hillary and it's left a bad taste in my mouth considering how corrupt and war hungry she is. Neither were a good option. That's why I love Janet even more for keeping her mouth shut. 

Corrupt? No.. stop reading fake ass news. She's the most qualified person to ever run for president in the last 20 years.. the only reason she lost was bc she's a woman who ran a shit campaign 

War hungry? Wtf? Let's think back and see how many male US presidents went to /stayed in war........ please stop

Edited by Game
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Corrupt? No.. stop reading fake ass news. She's the most qualified person to ever run for president in the last 20 years.. the only reason she lost was bc she's a woman who ran a shit campaign 

War hungry? Wtf? Let's think back and see how many male US presidents went to /stayed in war........ please stop

Nah she lost because of the baggage and the fact she was under FBI investigation twice. But yeah the campaign trail didn't help. 

Hillary was the force behind Libya 2011 as the SOS, she signed off on Iraq and threatened countries with military action over cyber security. She's definitely one of the most pro-war democrats out there.

Yes and? I don't remember praising Lyndon Johnson or George Bush lol. This isn't a female/male thing. I supported Hillary at first because I was happy the US were finally getting a woman president. Then not long after I went for Bernie instead after realising how flawed she was. 

• Upvote 1

Nah she lost because of the baggage and the fact she was under FBI investigation twice. But yeah the campaign trail didn't help. 

Hillary was the force behind Libya 2011 as the SOS, she signed off on Iraq and threatened countries with military action over cyber security. She's definitely one of the most pro-war democrats out there.

Yes and? I don't remember praising Lyndon Johnson or George Bush lol. This isn't a female/male thing. I supported Hillary at first because I was happy the US were finally getting a woman president. Then not long after I went for Bernie instead after realising how flawed she was. 

The investigation turned up nothing bc there is nothing. Stop talking about her email as if it ever was important. If people cared less about her emails and more about  Trump's connection to Russia, she would have won this election. The second one was pure bullshit/duplicate email. You need to stop

She signed off on Iraq just like the other men AND Bernie Sanders. Please stop 

Bernie isn't a democrat. He's an independent. That's why he lost

Edited by Game
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

yea but the problem you guys here have had for soooooo fucking long is there's the celebrity and there's the person with a big bank account.....those two are very different people in many cases, not all, Mariah Carey seems genuinely crazy as fuck -_-

Hillary had shit, but Trump had shit that would derail most campaigns to a dead halt "just grab em in the pussy" really? :mellow: yet Trump won because the truth is the world is changing, economics are changing and White people used to have a solid hold on the middle class, that's going away now, we are headed to a world where there will be wealthy people and poor, nothing in the middle....people see it know it, and Trump spoke to them...the entire Clinton campaign missed the mark, she needed to court white voters and get them to believe she would be for them....Trump did that so well and clear that nothing else he did mattered, they believe hes gonna deliver on that wall, deliver on repealing Obamacare, because well a Black guy did that so its gotta go ....Im still in shock at some of these youtube videos of Trump supporters acting they asses out after the win.

Hillary had shit, but Trump had shit that would derail most campaigns to a dead halt "just grab em in the pussy" really? :mellow: yet Trump won because the truth is the world is changing, economics are changing and White people used to have a solid hold on the middle class, that's going away now, we are headed to a world where there will be wealthy people and poor, nothing in the middle....people see it know it, and Trump spoke to them...the entire Clinton campaign missed the mark, she needed to court white voters and get them to believe she would be for them....Trump did that so well and clear that nothing else he did mattered, they believe hes gonna deliver on that wall, deliver on repealing Obamacare, because well a Black guy did that so its gotta go ....Im still in shock at some of these youtube videos of Trump supporters acting they asses out after the win.

Yeah, Bernie would have done much better for the white working class. 

As I said, glad Janet didn't support either tyrant. 

Edited by T.C

The investigation turned up nothing bc there is nothing. Stop talking about her email as if it ever was important. If people cared less about her emails and more about  Trump's connection to Russia, she would have won this election. The second one was pure bullshit/duplicate email. You need to stop

She signed off on Iraq just like the other men AND Bernie Sanders. Please stop 

Bernie isn't a democrat. He's an independent. That's why he lost

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NdFw1btbkLM

come again?

lol don't tell me to 'stop'. I have an opinion, I don't have to like Hillary Clinton, sorry. 

I don't click links. Learn how to embed em

70% of Americans supported the vote Iraq war. 

Your illogical reasons are shit. You're upset she voted for the Iraq war... as if her vote mattered (keep in mind she was a NY Senator at the time... NEW YORK. Voting against the war was deemed unpatriotic). 

Nice job evading the "FBI SCANDAL" ?? Aka the witch hunt

Edited by Game
  • Downvote 1

Yeah, Bernie would have done much better for the white working class. 

As I said, glad Janet didn't support either tyrant. 

oh? He would? Please tell us, two black men, what Bernie would do for white Americans :coffee:

we know she didn't support the hippie :coffee: Her vote more than likely went to Clinton 

Edited by Game
  • Downvote 1

oh? He would? Please tell us, two black men, what Bernie would do for white Americans :coffee:

we know she didn't support the hippie :coffee: Her vote more than likely went to Clinton 

Bernie did give Hillary some competition, he did win the Michigan primary, which some can argue is ground zero for the Rust Belt and why the election went the way it did. I never thought that someone had to be likeable to qualify for a job, but after all the vitriol and all the hate directed at Hillary I came to the conclusion she simply isn't electable. We may never see the first female president in our lives because its over now, Clinton has no political capital left. Now Bernie, he was at least courting the educated, his issue was he wasn't a major party candidate, running as an independent doesn't bode well