Do you consider being Cordial to someone you don't like being fake?

jarrylf

Is Cordial fake?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Is Cordial fake?

• Yes
    • No

This is what being an adult is all about.

Exactly. Sometimes you have to work with people you flat cannot stand. Hell I work with a few guys I know damn well to be borderline racist maybe even more than borderline. But, I smile and do my job and answer them when they ask how my trip was or whatever. Because we have to work together. That doesn't mean I won't check them if they cross the line but professionally you cannot always do and say what you want to say. You have to work with people you don't like that's life not being fake.

Well see I see ignoring, yet if spoken to politely and returning polite words as still being cordial. Like I said personally I only consider being fake the other person not knowing that you don't like them AND you want them to think they're a close friend to you, or just a close person, and in reality you don't like them. Now theres people in my life who don't know I don't like them, BUT I don't put myself off on them like I consider them close to me or simply like I do like them.

I agree, I think for me it depends on how the other person feels about me. I'm not gonna go out of my way to make someone feel like I really like them when in fact I don't. :lol: If I know that they feel the same way then why *pretend to* bother?

What about in the setting I just described?

Faking polite conversation with someone that has an issue with me isn't necessary to get the job done. Like I said before I think "hello" is just part of approaching someone than it is being either cordial or fake. If I have a coworker that annoys me but it's part of my job to see or speak with them daily then I will, but there's no need for any of our conversations to be anything other than work-related ones.

• Upvote 1

I agree, I think for me it depends on how the other person feels about me. I'm not gonna go out of my way to make someone feel like I really like them when in fact I don't. :lol: If I know that they feel the same way then why *pretend to* bother?

Faking polite conversation with someone that has an issue with me isn't necessary to get the job done. Like I said before I think "hello" is just part of approaching someone than it is being either cordial or fake. If I have a coworker that annoys me but it's part of my job to see or speak with them daily then I will, but there's no need for any of our conversations to be anything other than work-related ones.

Yea I agree with what you're saying for the most part or understand what you mean. What do you do when you don't like someone, but they don't know, or they like you? Like alot of people think if you don't let them know flat out that you don't like them you're fake. Like I don't have any close friends I feel like that with, and like I said I don't act like a good friend (asside from "Hi, how ya doin"), but it could be taken as being fake I guess to certain people anyway

Yea I agree with what you're saying for the most part or understand what you mean. What do you do when you don't like someone, but they don't know, or they like you? Like alot of people think if you don't let them know flat out that you don't like them you're fake. Like I don't have any close friends I feel like that with, and like I said I don't act like a good friend (asside from "Hi, how ya doin"), but it could be taken as being fake I guess to certain people anyway

this is really a debate up in here.....chile....Ch. I know the fake ones, the smile in yo face all the time they wanna take yo place....

If I don't like someone but I have to speak with them for whatever reason then I'd probably keep the conversation at that superficial "Hi, how ya doin" level. It's not like I'm asking for deep insight into the inner workings of their minds or how their love life is going or asking them if they wanna hang out later or whatever. :lol:

I'm not the kind of person that will come up to you and say "I don't like you". That's not being real, that's being extra. All I have to do is keep the conversation at the minimum with vague responses and they get the hint.

this is really a debate up in here.....chile....Ch. I know the fake ones, the smile in yo face all the time they wanna take yo place....

LOL this aint no debate it's a discussion lol. On my end I'm not trying to morph any opinions, just a discussion lol.

Yea in my personal life I can tell when Im like that with people, when I'm close to them or want to be, but I get the strong vibe that they either don't like me or want to be close to me, me being me, when i get that hint, I back off, and it doesn't alter my opinion of them,but it says just bring it on down a lil lol. God knows I hate dropping hits and people not being able to get it. And I'm a believer in if you're going to drop those kind of hints they should be simple enough for anyone not having to dig.