Thinking about enlisting

Bailey

I called like 6 numbers, Im eligible for ANG Air National Guard their cut off is 40, but for everything else I am too old, 35 is the cut off

Damn..things have gotten crunched lately. Well good luck with your endeavors. Hit me on the other side of the board if you need anything.

• Upvote 1

Damn..things have gotten crunched lately. Well good luck with your endeavors. Hit me on the other side of the board if you need anything.

they were very helpful though if one branch wasn't working they gave me numbers to every other branch, I had one guy that was really on his shit and gave me a bunch of numbers and asked all the right questions.....the bottom line is I am too old at 37, you have to hit basic training before your 35th Bday to qualify. In some cases they said 28 is the cut off.

they were very helpful though if one branch wasn't working they gave me numbers to every other branch, I had one guy that was really on his shit and gave me a bunch of numbers and asked all the right questions.....the bottom line is I am too old at 37, you have to hit basic training before your 35th Bday to qualify. In some cases they said 28 is the cut off.

Oh well that's good they were helpful..because everyone is pretty much in holiday mode. I wasn't aware at how much they have changed the age requirements. Things have changed dramatically since the wars have died down. Oh well. At least you tried.

• Upvote 1

Oh well that's good they were helpful..because everyone is pretty much in holiday mode. I wasn't aware at how much they have changed the age requirements. Things have changed dramatically since the wars have died down. Oh well. At least you tried.

well maybe it wasn't meant for me....did you do basic training and stuff? maybe it would be more than I bargained for

well maybe it wasn't meant for me....did you do basic training and stuff? maybe it would be more than I bargained for

I did Basic Training in 1996..right after high school. But I wasn't in the best shape when I joined. So, I had to work to get to where I was. If I can make it in the Army, anyone can. :asham: It's not for some.

• Upvote 1

I don't want to be the reason u didn't but the purpose of enlisting at 35+ is kinda pointless... Unless you're looking for young tail or the benefits (I suppose) but with you being flat footed and outta shape... Is it worth it to be in the reserves and go thru boot camp

well damn game, it's kind of too late, that shouldve been the first line you wrote before all the interrogation, lol though i do agree with what you said maybe not how you said it lol
  • Upvote 1

what the hell is flat footed? its just a joke my mom made.....my biggest thing is wanting to wipe out student loan debt and get some money rolling in I dont think it will work because I dont think I can be in active duty just reserves

ummmm..... :umm: really? you're cool and all, but for your age you seem out of touch with a lot of shit lol, flat footed is when you have no arch in your foot
  • Upvote 1

I did Basic Training in 1996..right after high school. But I wasn't in the best shape when I joined. So, I had to work to get to where I was. If I can make it in the Army, anyone can. :asham: It's not for some.

My sister joined right after she graduated... Fought in Afgan' and Iraq.. Now she's inactive because of injuries (most non-active injuries) she would rather fight in combat than doing what she's doing now